Prostitution as a source of income

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Anirudh Badri
Currently Reading: Quiet
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anirudh-badri.html
Latest Review: Galactic Passages: Planet 6333 by Dean and Anson Vargo

Re: Prostitution as a source of income

Post by Anirudh Badri »

Prostitution by children is wrong due to the lack of maturity of the child, which makes the decision extremely coercive.

For adults, as long as the choice made is completely voluntary, I see no problem with it.
It is what you read when you don’t have to that determines what you will be when you can’t help it.

–Oscar Wilde
GPM
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpm.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by GPM »

Prostitutes comes in all ages, whether younger or older. Minors were forced by their parents, and I imagine that they cannot escape, especially that they have nowhere to go and do not have resources to get away.
"A man learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." - Will Rogers
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Ritikadalal
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Ritikadalal »

I really think that prostitution as a business is fine as long as it is with consent of the person who is providing the service yet I also firmly believe that children no matter what the circumstances are should not be allowed in such a profession.
AgentJay
Currently Reading: Chiaroscuro - The Mouse and the Candle
Bookshelf Size: 1492

Post by AgentJay »

Child prostitution is a subject so relative in today's eBay as it is not just the Third World we're talking about that suffers from it but also around us. It just takes moments and innocence from such children and we take them for granted.
Eric77
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eric77.html
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing

Post by Eric77 »

Child prostitution is wrong on all moral and legal grounds. Under grueling circumstances, I can understand why someone would engage in it, though I don't support. It takes a man to know persecution to understand tough choices.
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing
Genaaa
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-genaaa.html
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera

Post by Genaaa »

It shouldn't have been allowed, especially at the age of only 13. She was still a child and nowhere near mature enough to even make the decision to do that. It's a different topic when someone over 18 chooses to be a part of such things, but completely and utterly wrong as a child of such a young age.
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera
Oliver Ekaso
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oliver-ekaso.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Oliver Ekaso »

Prostitution should not be encouraged. Child prostitution is a crime, sin, abomination... on no grounds should it be allowed. In peace or in war.
hebcandle
Currently Reading: The Crane
Bookshelf Size: 1222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hebcandle.html
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
Reading Device: B00AGAS6XW

Post by hebcandle »

I think I would prostitute myself before I would ever let anyone I loved to that let alone my child. I would not allow my child to every get involved in such business.
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
Sasha Walker
Currently Reading: The Lies of Locke Lamora
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sasha-walker.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Sasha Walker »

No one should be forced by other people or financial circumstances to become a prostitute. I have watched a lot of Ted Talks about the issue of human trafficking and what I gather is that there are three broad categories of people who become prostitutes. First, there are the people who are kidnapped or brainwashed to work in the sex industry. Second, there are people who are financially unable to earn a living and stumble upon prostitution. (This is extremely common in the east like Thailand where many rural workers are shunned from other jobs and cannot find a way to support themselves or their family). The third group consists of people who voluntarily and willfully work in the sex industry. These people should be at an age (or a mental understanding) where they completely understand what they are doing.

In my opinion, the prostitution of a person's body should only take place when that person belongs to the third category.
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

Jeconiaomolo wrote:In the novel, Malika, a 13 years old child, is practicing prostitution while pointing out her father's disgrace as the reason for her involvement in this shameful business. Her parents are also supporting her since they obtain income out of it. All these revolve around poverty in their home. I felt so much annoyed while I was reading this and I think poverty cannot be driven out by such business, especially at an early age of 13 years. Suppose Malika was your daughter, Would you have made such a decision? If not why?
I think that people can become desperate to support their family and provide the basic needs of life. I would try any other means necessary to try a spare my daughter from a life on her back. Prostitution is degrading, dangerous, and could damage emotionally and psychologically the young girl.
Oliver Ekaso
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oliver-ekaso.html

Post by Oliver Ekaso »

The scars of prostitution can never be healed. There can be nothing as degrading as it.
eelavahs-jay
Currently Reading: Island of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eelavahs-jay.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by eelavahs-jay »

Child prostitution is not pardonable under any circumstances. The adults who engage in it go through so much already. Imagine a child who is not physically, emotionally or mentally mature enough to cope with the demands of sex. It's a horrible horrible thing to subject a child to. Unforgivable!
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

Prostitution is wrong period. It is not acceptable at any age, needless to say at such a young age is outrageous. :?
Cloe101
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cloe101.html

Post by Cloe101 »

No, man, that's just too bad for words, but money as they day is the root of all evil.
What you want is 15 Christmases on December 25th, 15 birthdays, 15 years of sleeping next to him and waking up with him
Michelle92
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle92.html
Latest Review: "Yesterdat" by Samyann

Post by Michelle92 »

I also was annoyed by it but in truth we must accept that this is a reality in a lot of countries. So to fight this, it's important to involve the law and the government. When reality suffocates a family, it's not easy to take the right decission.
Latest Review: "Yesterdat" by Samyann

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”