How to say Goodbye to toxic relationship

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Tonia Alexandra
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

How to say Goodbye to toxic relationship

Post by Tonia Alexandra »

Deciding to end a relationship might not be the same as actually leaving. The more entangled you are, the more logistics might have to be worked out. It's ok to take your time and plan the exist and the next phase. I've found that the hardest relationships to dysfunctional. The stress definitely takes it's toll. That's why you might need some help, seek guidance from a coach, therapist or a really grounded friend the kind that loves you unconditionally and isn't afraid to (metaphorically) slap you back to reality. If you fear for your safety in any way, definitely build a strong team to support you in the transition.

-- 28 Jul 2017, 06:04 --

A story about a struggle which couples face when them no longer love each other. It is difficult for them to decide whether to stay together or leave each other for good. One last try to salvage their love comes in the form of a trip to Adele's concert.
Ssinghal
Bookshelf Size: 1113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ssinghal.html
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna

Post by Ssinghal »

I definitely agree with you. I would recommend reading The Imperfect Bond by Timberly Simmons. It is the best example of this.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one...
-George RR Martin
Ama Idim
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ama-idim.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Ama Idim »

You've definitely said it all, some people in such relationships don't get to talk about it, it's best someone else knows what such a person is going through
22kcox
Currently Reading: Animal Farm
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-22kcox.html
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by 22kcox »

Ending relationships is never easy. In this case, I definitely agree that it is necessary though.
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

I agree that dealing with a dead relationship is tough. And it's tougher leaving, but if it's the end, there is no point in sticking around, even if there are kids at play. Afterall they won't be happy in an unhappy household either.
Sophie11
Currently Reading: My Trip To Adele
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophie11.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Sophie11 »

It's the toughest decision to end a dysfunctional relationship, and i believe we carry the scars for the longest time.
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookiegalke.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by bookiegalke »

Teach your heart to forget that other person slowly by slowly by hanging out more with friends who have no connection with the other person. Isolating yourself from other people has the ability to bring back memories of that other person which will only serve to make the situation worse

-- 29 Jul 2017, 13:17 --

Teach your heart to forget that other person slowly by slowly by hanging out more with friends who have no connection with the other person. Isolating yourself from other people has the ability to bring back memories of that other person which will only serve to make the situation worse

-- 29 Jul 2017, 13:18 --

'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

Yes I would imagine that is very true. I have never been in this type of relationship because I have never been in a romantic relationship before. I have certain things that I am looking for in a man, mainly that he is a Christian like me. I am willing to be patient and wait for the right person to come along, so hopefully I will not have to deal with these problems. I would say though that having a good support system is goo din this situation. It is always good for any difficult situation to surround yourself with people you love you and who support you.
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

kislany wrote:I agree that dealing with a dead relationship is tough. And it's tougher leaving, but if it's the end, there is no point in sticking around, even if there are kids at play. Afterall they won't be happy in an unhappy household either.
I agree with this. An abusive home isn't conducive for the kids at all.
riazziea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riazziea.html
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom (The Brimstone Chronicles Book 1)" by Victor Rose
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by riazziea »

It is always hard to make these kind of decisions because in the back of your mind you keep saying "what if". It's also hard when all you can do is think about all the good times you had and wanting them back. But then you have to sit back and look at the big picture and realize when you guys are not happy any more and that is the toughest part. I still cling to small parts of my last relationship, but I need to remind myself not of only the good things but of the troubles too, of why we broke up. Moving on is always a long and hard road.
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom (The Brimstone Chronicles Book 1)" by Victor Rose
k2rugman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k2rugman.html
Latest Review: Rituals of Season by Giovanna Ess

Post by k2rugman »

I was in a bad relationship for a while. It's so important to listen to your friends and family because they can see things that you might be blind to. It was hard leaving but it made it easier with my friends and family there to support me.
Riki
Currently Reading: Middlesex
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riki.html
Latest Review: "The People Up the Holler" by Roger L. Guffey

Post by Riki »

Ending a relationship is always difficult, but a toxic relationship brings a new set of problems. If you're thinking of ending a relationship, especially an abusive/toxic one, tell your friends and family so you have a nice support system.
Latest Review: "The People Up the Holler" by Roger L. Guffey
Ssinghal

Post by Ssinghal »

Some people would give the example of Yasser. However, I fell an abusive relationship affects the kids more adversely than a divorce. The level of stress and trauma is just too great. I wholeheartedly agree with you.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one...
-George RR Martin
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

It's definitely important to end toxic relationships, especially if you have children. You don't want them to grow up and think that kind of thing is normal.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Ssinghal

Post by Ssinghal »

Amagine wrote:It's definitely important to end toxic relationships, especially if you have children. You don't want them to grow up and think that kind of thing is normal.
I completely agree with you. Very well put. :tiphat: :tiphat:
-George RR Martin

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”