How to say Goodbye to toxic relationship

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Gikonyo Caroline
Currently Reading: Big Things Have Small Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 351
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gikonyo-caroline.html
Latest Review: Concealment by Rose Edmunds

Re: How to say Goodbye to toxic relationship

Post by Gikonyo Caroline »

We attract who we are so the best way to distance from toxic relationships is to become a better version of yourself so you attract the type of peole you want to be in your circle or to be in a relationship with. For example if I want that my next relationship be with someone who deeply loves and values me I must love and value myself and extend the same to others. Also remember sometimes holding on far outweighs the benefits for example if the other person in the relationship with you is abusive so in any breakup focus on the positives , the gains from the breakup . So forgive, pick the lessons, be a better version and focus on the positives then give the gift of your absence to those who don't appreciate your presence
CALVOH1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by CALVOH1 »

Definitely it is one of the toxic ideas in leaving a relationship especially to those the heart feels for
Doaa Wael
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doaa-wael.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Doaa Wael »

"Goodbye toxic relationship, you are harming me, i found the antidote, you will never hurt me again"

The key to getting out of a toxic relationship is first, realizing it is toxic the second, accepting that it is toxic. the other person in the relationship must add meaning/value/positive emotions or atleast laughter to your life. if they do neither of that and also cause you to feel hurt, toxified and worse off, then you are better off without them.

Love yourself enough to let go.
Imagination Trumps Reality.
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
ktom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktom.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by ktom »

Yes, the decision to end a toxic relationship and actually being able to leave are two separate things. It can be so difficult to move on when you can't actually go anywhere, especially if things between the couple are still quite amiable. When things are not as pleasant, it tends to be a bit easier to let go, but until you can close that chapter for good, it's hard to give a proper goodbye.
"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea." - Henry James
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

Every one here is talking about relationship with spouses. What about disfunctional parental relationships can someone walk away too?
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
atonykamau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atonykamau.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by atonykamau »

I believe the best way is to be direct and honest about how you feel the relationship is going.
jvez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jvez.html
Latest Review: The Providence of Fortune by T. K. Love

Post by jvez »

I agree. It's definitely hard to move forward from a relationship where you invested so much, only to receive so much pain in return. Seeking help or just anyone who will listen is definitely one step forward from this sort of toxic relationships.
biscuits
Favorite Book: Life is an open secret
Currently Reading: How to win and influence people
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-biscuits.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by biscuits »

When a relationship is based on the wrong reasons, its bound to have a lot of problems on the way. Even those based on sound foundations encounter challenges too. But the truth is, if its not working, try to fix it. If its not fixable, just buy a new one. :wink:
10mile72
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-10mile72.html
Latest Review: Marriage 101 by Rodney D Sewell

Post by 10mile72 »

That was one of the strong points of the book -- the conflict the characters felt about whether or not to end the relationships. I thought it was handled very well in all three cases. Well, in two -- Nadia's relationship was already ended.
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

Ending a relationship is not an easy thing to do especially after investing your time and efforts in it. But it reaches a time when you can't hold on anymore. You are left with no choice than to just let go. When it's time to let go, just let it go.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
faint9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67

Post by faint9 »

Ending a relationship is not as easy as one may think. Be it be dysfunctional or just a little hiccups here and there. Past memories come knocking asking 'what if' you tried this the last time. Therefore, one has to gradually heal. This will be facilitated by leaving the scenes you ocassionally used to frequent with the person, avoid calls, text messages or anything that may remind you about the person etc.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”