Waste of Time

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Julez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julez.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Waste of Time

Post by Julez »

I really looked forward to Elias reunion with Malika but was disappointed with the turn out of the book. Do you think he wasted his time after carrying her in his heart for eight years and then searching for her afterwards?
jwalker73
Currently Reading: The Good Mother
Bookshelf Size: 291
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jwalker73.html
Latest Review: The Truth About Parallel Lines by Jill D. Block
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jwalker73 »

I thought it was quite a good finish. People can become infatuated with a memory, what they think was 'perfect', and, while they age and mature, their memory does not. Sometimes the best thing to help a person move on in life is to confront that memory and bring it in to the present.
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I think it was good for him to search her out just because I think he needed closure. She was a chapter in his life that he needed an ending to.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

jwalker73 wrote:I thought it was quite a good finish. People can become infatuated with a memory, what they think was 'perfect', and, while they age and mature, their memory does not. Sometimes the best thing to help a person move on in life is to confront that memory and bring it in to the present.
What a great way of putting it, being infatuated with a memory. People often look at the good times of the past, forgetting the bad or difficult parts. Sometimes that is good, sometimes it is not.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Julez
Currently Reading:

Post by Julez »

I never thought of it that way. I guess he needed that closure.
Amagine wrote:I think it was good for him to search her out just because I think he needed closure. She was a chapter in his life that he needed an ending to.
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

jwalker73 wrote:I thought it was quite a good finish. People can become infatuated with a memory, what they think was 'perfect', and, while they age and mature, their memory does not. Sometimes the best thing to help a person move on in life is to confront that memory and bring it in to the present.
I agree with this. People get infatuated with memories and sometimes the mind distorts what the reality was really like. With Elias it was a memory infatuated - I don't think it was a waste of time, I think it resulted in closure for both of them.
riazziea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riazziea.html
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom (The Brimstone Chronicles Book 1)" by Victor Rose
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by riazziea »

A waste of time is defined differently by everyone. I feel that carrying somone in your heart for that long and then being disappointed can hurt, but I don't think he regretted it. The amount of experiences that come with holding on to someone, the decisions that are altered because you are still holding on, all of these things creates a life for someone. And for me I don't think I would have wanted it any other way.
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom (The Brimstone Chronicles Book 1)" by Victor Rose
Sophie11
Currently Reading: My Trip To Adele
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophie11.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Sophie11 »

Memories are powerful things, and it's true sometimes the perfect moments that we hold close may not be so perfect. I think he did a good thing, it gave him a chance to move forward.
Ssinghal
Bookshelf Size: 1113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ssinghal.html
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna

Post by Ssinghal »

ritah wrote:
I agree with this. People get infatuated with memories and sometimes the mind distorts what the reality was really like. With Elias it was a memory infatuated - I don't think it was a waste of time, I think it resulted in closure for both of them.
Very well put. I have to admit even I was initially disappointed by how the story turned out, but when I look at it that way, I guess this was the right thing for both of them.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one...
-George RR Martin
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna
WestIndie001
Favorite Author: James M. Gabagat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-westindie001.html
Latest Review: "Everything I Know about Business and Marketing, I Learned from THE TOXIC AVENGER" by Jeffrey W. Sass
fav_author_id: 125024

Post by WestIndie001 »

Well, poor Elias didn't know it'd be a waste of time. He had to set out to find out if it would be a waste of time. It's never a waste of time to go for what you want. Or to at least try for what you want.
Latest Review: "Everything I Know about Business and Marketing, I Learned from THE TOXIC AVENGER" by Jeffrey W. Sass
Julez
Currently Reading:

Post by Julez »

I agree with you on that. One just has to try.
WestIndie001 wrote:Well, poor Elias didn't know it'd be a waste of time. He had to set out to find out if it would be a waste of time. It's never a waste of time to go for what you want. Or to at least try for what you want.
Yemurai
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yemurai.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Yemurai »

I don't think it was a waste of time, he needed to confront those memories for him to put them behind and move on.
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookiegalke.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by bookiegalke »

I wouldn't say it was a waste of time for him because at least he tried and failed at winning her love rather than living with regret of having not tried at all.
'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sunnyridge
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunnyridge.html
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo

Post by Sunnyridge »

Life is full of choices. As long as you learn something it is never a waste of time.
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo
Papercut
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Papercut »

Julez wrote:I really looked forward to Elias reunion with Malika but was disappointed with the turn out of the book. Do you think he wasted his time after carrying her in his heart for eight years and then searching for her afterwards?
I think I would be equally disappointed as you.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”