The stuggles of life

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Kyle789
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyle789.html
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

The stuggles of life

Post by Kyle789 »

The characters all face different struggles. Each of them developed different ways of dealing with them. If you were in any of their shoes, would you have done the same as them or would you have gone a different route?

Personally I believe Yaser should not have been quick in his judgement of his wife. He should have been a loyal and dependent husband even when he had conflicting views and beliefs.
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Waxiepox
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Waxiepox »

In this world we have different characters with varied challenges. One should not assume anything on anybody or judge them before asking and listening to ones explanation as to why they did that or this, or why they behaved in that manner. I believe that everyone has a reason for behaving a particular way or manner at any given time or situation. Yaser should have listen to his wife's explanation and then make a decision. He should not have been temperamental.
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

I think each situation is different and the decisions we make in life depend a lot on our personality. Moreover, we should not compare our situation with somebody else's, but I agree on the fact that if a person makes a pact/vow/promise, he/she is obliged to fulfill it. In the story Yaser did wrong. He did not honor his vow.
Ama Idim
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ama-idim.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Ama Idim »

I agree with the above that 'the decisions we make depend on our personalities', I can't say for sure if I would have acted differently but in Nadia's situation the kids have to be considered
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
El-kanah
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-kanah.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by El-kanah »

Ama Idim wrote:I agree with the above that 'the decisions we make depend on our personalities', I can't say for sure if I would have acted differently but in Nadia's situation the kids have to be considered
I agree with this, no matter what could have happened, you should consider your children.

-- 29 Jul 2017, 06:06 --
Ama Idim wrote:I agree with the above that 'the decisions we make depend on our personalities', I can't say for sure if I would have acted differently but in Nadia's situation the kids have to be considered
I agree with this, no matter what could have happened, you should consider your children.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

When I read, I always like to think I would do something differently than the characters. However, it is hard to say. I believe the experiences we go through shape us into who we are or cause us to learn more about ourselves in some way and that contributes to how we react to different circumstances. So not everyone will ever have the same reaction.
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookiegalke.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by bookiegalke »

It would be easy to say i would have gone a different route but it's only the wearer of the shoe who knows where it's hurts the most.

-- 29 Jul 2017, 14:08 --

It would be easy to say i would have gone a different route but it's only the wearer of the shoe who knows where it's hurts the most.

-- 29 Jul 2017, 14:11 --

'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

What I have a problem is when people talk about "considering the kids" when in an abusive relationship as a reason to stay! Are you kidding me??! Kind consideration for your kids and yourself would be to walk away before anyone gets seriously hurt emotionally/physically. Staying in an abusive relationship isn't an act of charity for your kids. So yea if I were in Nadia's shoes I'd have put one foot in front of the other and never looked back.

As for Yaser, I'd have preferred he stay faithful. I value loyalty so I'd like to think I'd have stayed faithful even if the relationship wasn't going well. If I remained unhappy and in conflict with my partner ultimately instead of betrayal I'd end the relationship.

Elias did great in not pursuing Malika when he find out she was underage.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1375
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: All That I Love by Hina Yu Cao

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

In a relationship to whatever you are in, struggles are always present. Adjustment never ends, sometimes unnoticeable. Just enjoy that day, for that day will never be the same again.
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

My decisions depend upon the situation. I always analyse the situation and then take the appropriate decision.
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

We are all different and we come from different places in life. I often assume I would have done things in a particular way, maybe in a different way from the protagonist, but that is because I am not at the stage they are in life. And who knows, when push comes to shove, maybe I would have acted in a completely different way than I thought I would...
steve julius
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by steve julius »

From the saying, life is not fair but God is fair, we should always handle situations with grace,diligence, forgiveness and grit. Often we should reason with a person before making any judgement and decision. Yaser should have discussed with his wife before making any decision.
ktom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktom.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by ktom »

If I was Yasir, I would have tried harder to communicate in different ways until I was able to understand, and work out, my problems. If I was Nadia, I would have tried to be more stealth when it came to payback so as to avoid repercussions. :) If I was Elias, I would have tracked down Malika sooner, just to stay in touch over the years or to at least get closure earlier on in my life.
"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea." - Henry James
10mile72
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-10mile72.html
Latest Review: Marriage 101 by Rodney D Sewell

Post by 10mile72 »

I liked the ambiguity of the characters and situations. There were no easy answers, and I think some of the troubles the characters had came from looking for easy answers, and thinking that life is simple and things are cut and dried. This caused them to make bad decisions and be judgmental of each other. In the case of Yasir and Mariam it caused a lack of communication. They assumed things about each other that weren't true. They could have spared each other so much grief if they had assumed less and talked more.
simplymica26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simplymica26.html
Latest Review: Devilish by Tricia Barr

Post by simplymica26 »

Kalin Adi wrote: 27 Jul 2017, 11:26 I think each situation is different and the decisions we make in life depend a lot on our personality. Moreover, we should not compare our situation with somebody else's, but I agree on the fact that if a person makes a pact/vow/promise, he/she is obliged to fulfill it. In the story Yaser did wrong. He did not honor his vow.
I agree with you! There's nothing to compare as we experienced life differently. But with Yaser, I don't think he truly love his wife. He easily forget everything and leave her behind.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”