Is it true women try to please their men?

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
magicquill
Currently Reading: Elf Brief
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magicquill.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Re: Is it true women try to please their men?

Post by magicquill »

Mostly women try to please men because they're afraid of losing someone and that they can't find other person to experience the relationship. In my opinion, it should never be one-sided. Both couples should please each other in order for them to have a fruitful and meaningful relationship. Women tend to do it more because they are more open in sharing their feelings but not all the time. They are also men who can also do it but sometimes afraid that they are losing their manhood and it serves as a weakness for them. The best way to please each other is by communicating to one another. Telling the person instead of denying it is a form of trust. Just talk to one another so that each conflict will be resolved instead of hiding or ignoring it.
Because if you've found meaning in your life, you don't want to go back. You want to go forward.

- Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie
Rachel1019
Currently Reading: A Dance with Dragons
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel1019.html
Latest Review: "The Understanding" by Dennis Pennefather

Post by Rachel1019 »

It is 100% true that women try to please men, but I think the opposite is true in a lot of cases. Women are more sensitive overall than men and so are more likely to seek approval from the men they like. But I think that there are men who would do anything to please the women in their lives.
Latest Review: "The Understanding" by Dennis Pennefather
Lennycat
Currently Reading: finding nary
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lennycat.html
Latest Review: Saving Nary by Carol DeMent

Post by Lennycat »

I don't necessarily agree with this. I think it is different for every relationship. Relationships between men and women are complex, and in my opinion, cannot be characterized with a blanket statement. Although, in general but not always, I do think that women want to be peacekeepers and want there to be harmony with those people in their life.
akeseh
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akeseh.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by akeseh »

Women naturally tries to please their men. I think this is how God created women. This is the very reason why when a woman decides to end a relationship it becomes difficult to restore.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Jeyran Main
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyran-main.html
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards

Post by Jeyran Main »

I think it varies with culture, where you are from and how you are brought up. In the western world, it works both ways. In the book, it was more about the woman.
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards
Keri wood
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keri-wood.html

Post by Keri wood »

I believe it should be equal if he wants something he should be willing to give in return.
Ikechukwu Echebiri
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-echebiri.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by Ikechukwu Echebiri »

Yes, it's true. It's the true nature of a woman, especially in love.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Ana Njeri
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-njeri.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Ana Njeri »

I think it goes both ways. Men try to please their women by doing certain and women try to please their men in order to keep them. Either way, they do it out of love.
A ship is safe in the harbor but that's not what ships are for. So be the person outside the box, get out of your comfort zone, that's the person you want to be.
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

I think women do try to please their men. I think it's an antiquated idea though. Women should try to please their men. Men should try to please their women. And I think both genders, in a healthy relationship, strive for this in our society today. Or well, by our society, I guess I mean American society. Neither should take it for granted, but unfortunately, this happens.
jwalker73
Currently Reading: The Good Mother
Bookshelf Size: 291
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jwalker73.html
Latest Review: The Truth About Parallel Lines by Jill D. Block
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jwalker73 »

I think that this is very dependent on culture and also what you define 'try to please' as meaning. If it refers to working to make them happy within a relationship, then yes, but I would expect it to be mutual. If it refers to being obedient to make them happy then, while this may occur, I think it is wrong. I am aware that there are many cultures where the woman's submissiveness and obedience defines whether they please their husband, but this is not a culture I was raised in. I expect two people to work together to make each other happy. This shows respect for each other.
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Post by Acwoolet »

I agree that they should, but at the same time the men should be helping and trying to please their wives.
Bluecobia
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluecobia.html
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Post by Bluecobia »

I believe that most women try to please their men but not all women try to do so.
I believe also that most men try to please their women. If they truly love each other it a will go both ways.
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert
Excitedreads
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 667">Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows</a>
Currently Reading: Rich Woman
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excitedreads.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Reading Device: B00J8DL78O

Post by Excitedreads »

Most women try to please their men. Whether to keep them, or shut them up, or to brag about it. I know someone who does everything her man asks of her, just so he has no reason to say he could or would cheat on her, and in the end he cheated nonetheless. So in that respect, i do believe there is a limit to trying to please your man, and it should always be based in love, not for what you can get in return. And i belive, we have to ask for it in return. Some men grow up in houses where they see their mothers tending to their father's needs, but they don't see the fathers giving it in return. So it's up to us ladies to let them know that one hand doesn't clap. You bake the bread, I'll put the butter, and we will both have sandwiches.
Between the pages of a book is a lovely place to be...
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Nishit Kumar
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nishit-kumar.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Nishit Kumar »

I believe this should happen on both sides, but the motivating factor should be love and not fear. Only then can a strong relationship be built...
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Mosubi
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mosubi.html
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas

Post by Mosubi »

Yes, but it should be both ways.
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”