Is it true women try to please their men?

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Ssinghal
Bookshelf Size: 1113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ssinghal.html
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna

Re: Is it true women try to please their men?

Post by Ssinghal »

Both the husband and the wife must try to please each other, but the motivating factor must be love and not fear.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one...
-George RR Martin
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna
steve julius
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by steve julius »

Yes it is. Though it should be a two-way traffic. Love should should be cultivated daily for it to last.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

I think it works both ways, and trying to please people is not necessarily bad!
ValEtt
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valett.html
Latest Review: "Murders in Progress" by Eldon Cene

Post by ValEtt »

I'm a little surprised by how many people are answering yes to this question. Relationships are complicated, and it would be a lie to say that a person within a married couple (or any couple) is going to make all of their decisions based on making the other one happy or satisfied. What about people who aren't in relationships? Or relationships that don't included men? The whole idea of it being a woman's duty to please her husband feels very old-fashioned to me--like old testament old-fashioned. Although the idea feels foreign to me, I respect people who do make that decision, especially if they're in a culture that requires female servitude or if they adhere to a religion that values traits like submission.
Latest Review: "Murders in Progress" by Eldon Cene
shish_by_design
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 66">Strong Heart</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shish-by-design.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by shish_by_design »

Yes. In most relationships, Nadia's perception is true. I see it all the time in friends and my family.
italicoil
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-italicoil.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by italicoil »

I don't look at relationships in gender roles, I look at two people trying to live a life together. Relationships are hard and the reason why we do them is for love and respect. I think men need to be respected and loved, as a women needs to be loved and respected. Women may show their Respect and love differently then other women and thats a wonderful thing.
As long as the relationship is striving to be healthy, then party on.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Rebecca Henderson
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-henderson.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rebecca Henderson »

I think these things can go either way. In the perfect relationship, both parties care about each other equally and try to please the other. The motivation behind pleasing your partner is also important. A lot of people use it as a tool of manipulation, but it shouldn't be that way. Pleasing your significant other should be something you want to do to make them feel good and to show that you care. It should come from a place of giving and generosity. Not from an expectations of reciprocation.

I think it is easier for women to please their men, just because that is typical and has been the norm. But like all things, standards and norms change. :tiphat:
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
LadyLynn
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladylynn.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by LadyLynn »

I personally have experienced Nadia's point of view. Having been in a few one sided or nearly one sided relationships, I would definitely agree with her that a lot of times women are the ones trying hardest to please the other person in the relationship. It becomes damaging over time when people are taken advantage of in this way and I wish that all relationships would result in both parties putting in equal amounts of work.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Nina Butler
Currently Reading: rubies
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nina-butler.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Nina Butler »

I think it really depends on the woman. If you have been in a relationship for a long time you will do stuff to make him shut up and leave you alone. Just kidding. Some women find pleasure in pleasing a man. Some women don't like to please them unless they are pleased themselves. I personally like to keep my husband happy because I don't like when he is upset and sad. It causes me to be depressed and then we have an unhappy mess. I do a lot of stuff for my husband because I have a nurturing spirit with the need to take care of things myself. So in reality, as I previously stated I believe it depends on the woman and the man she is with.
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Dolphine
Currently Reading: Solid Stone
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Dolphine »

Sure women do try to please their men,and its through their loving hearts and trust me we women expect the same from men.
KatieSavage
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katiesavage.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by KatieSavage »

I know I certainly try to please my man. I won't kill myself over pleasing a man. I will not take what Nadia put up with for three years. I will not allow a man to cheat on me and I will not let him abuse me. If he hits me he better get ready for a butt whipping.
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
EVroom
Currently Reading: Salad Bar Beef
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by EVroom »

I would say Yes. Why would you be with someone that you DON'T want to please? If you aren't going to try to make someone happy, improve their comfort or life, or things like that, then why are you with them?

Now, I would say that that is within reason obviously. If you are indulging destructive behavior, then you are enabling an addict and not showing love to them. You are causing abuse, instead of being a blessing to your man. You should try to help your partner to grow, so that they can cause you to grow. It is definitely a two-way street.
Papercut
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Papercut »

Women do please their partners and vice versa.

I don't think that in a relationship, there is only one person that would do the "courting."

If so, then I wouldn't call it as a relationship.
Nwoko Solomon Ikechu
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwoko-solomon-ikechu.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Nwoko Solomon Ikechu »

In life, there are things we must consider before getting into relationship. Most people jumped into relationship without first understanding the person (character or make-up) of the person they want to enter into relationship with. And this attitude most often leads to regret of relationship and marital life. If a woman makes this mistake she will definitely pay or bear the cost and while doing so, she will then feels or things women have do everything in order to please their men. Also, if it is a man that made the mistake and are bearing the cost, he will equally think men have go a long way to please their women. True love and good relationship is base on understanding, acceptance, tolerance and forgiveness among spouse. Also good and enjoyable relationship should not be one sided, one person should not carry the whole burden for the marriage or relationship to stand and succeed, rather both party should compliment each other. Having said the above, I do not agree that it is only women that should do everything or anything to please their men. It is not so if there true love and understanding.

-- 09 Aug 2017, 05:36 --

In life, there are things we must consider before getting into relationship. Most people jumped into relationship without first understanding the person (character or make-up) of the person they want to enter into relationship with. And this attitude most often leads to regret of relationship and marital life. If a woman makes this mistake she will definitely pay or bear the cost and while doing so, she will then feels or things women have to try or do everything in order to please their men. Also, if it is a man that made the mistake and are bearing the cost, he will equally think that men have to go a long way to please their women. True love and good relationship is base on understanding, acceptance, tolerance and forgiveness among spouse. Also good and enjoyable relationship should not be one sided, one person should not carry the whole burden for the marriage or relationship to stand and succeed, rather both parties should compliment each other. Having said the above, I do not agree that it is only women that tries or should do everything or anything to please their men. It is not so if there true love and understanding.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Aliyan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Aliyan »

I disagree that just women try to please their mates, i think both partners should play their part to enjoy the moment. It's the time to gain all hidden energies and boost up the power so play it like real players.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”