Is it true women try to please their men?

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Kyle789
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyle789.html
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Re: Is it true women try to please their men?

Post by Kyle789 »

I believe that there are a lot of women who do their best to please their man but it should go both ways. If a couple is truly in love with one another they would try please each other to the best of their abilities.
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
EWinters
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ewinters.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by EWinters »

I think this topic is way too general. Not every woman is nurturing and tries to please their man. Some women are selfish and neglectful and some men are nurturing and try to please their women even if she is neglectful or selfish or unfaithful. I think who tries to please their partner depends on the individual and isn't based on some innate character trait of women vs men.

-- 25 Jul 2017, 08:10 --

I think this topic is way too general. Not every woman is nurturing and tries to please their man. Some women are selfish and neglectful and some men are nurturing and try to please their women even if she is neglectful or selfish or unfaithful. I think who tries to please their partner depends on the individual and isn't based on some innate character trait of women vs men.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Rebecca_Rivera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readingrebecca.html
Latest Review: Weak Love and Strong Love by Hollie Jean Huff
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by Rebecca_Rivera »

Excitedreads wrote:I agree that women should try tomplease their men, and vice versa, BUT what i don't believe is that each partner should loose themselves in trying to satisfy the other. Personal space and happiness is key to being able to love whole heartedly, and thay can never be accomplished by forgetting and sacrificing yourself in entirety for another
I agree with what you're saying. You cannot lose yourself within another's life or interests because you have a value of your own. And not to live this out is the same to me as not existing at all.
* *I miss snow!* *
edwine
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 106991">My Trip to Adele</a>
Currently Reading: Yesterday
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by edwine »

Both men and women do try to impress each other. But the major are of concentration differs
Rebecca_Rivera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readingrebecca.html
Latest Review: Weak Love and Strong Love by Hollie Jean Huff
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by Rebecca_Rivera »

EWinters wrote:I think this topic is way too general. Not every woman is nurturing and tries to please their man. Some women are selfish and neglectful and some men are nurturing and try to please their women even if she is neglectful or selfish or unfaithful. I think who tries to please their partner depends on the individual and isn't based on some innate character trait of women vs men.
You have a very good point here. I hadn't thought of it this way, but I completely agree. I would say your comment opened my mind just a little more. :eusa-think: Good insight.
* *I miss snow!* *
EmSwan
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emswan.html
Latest Review: "Keys to Tetouan" by Mois Benarroch

Post by EmSwan »

I think everyone should try and please whoever they're dating, the woman pleasing the man or woman and the man please the woman or man, or any other combination, I think this is because it's vital that when in a relationship you take the other person into consideration, it's a two person thing after all
Latest Review: "Keys to Tetouan" by Mois Benarroch
Waxiepox
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Waxiepox »

Yes it is true. A woman can go to extreme lengths and do the unimaginable just to keep her man.
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

Well, I always try to please my husband, and he tries to please me as well. It's just a mutual unspoken agreement. I care for him and I want him to be happy, and he does the same for me; that's what makes a happy marriage.
Brenda Kiptim
Currently Reading: Kite Runner
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-kiptim.html
Latest Review: "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris

Post by Brenda Kiptim »

it should be mutual
Latest Review: "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris
May-an Tinangag
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by May-an Tinangag »

Yes, I agree because they don't want to be left alone.
Juliet Esther
Currently Reading: That place of knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-esther.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Juliet Esther »

Women do try to please their men and men also do try to please their women,love is a two way thing and for a relationship to work both teams must put equal effort and not that only one team struggles,in that case a relationship cannot work just like in Lara's marriage
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

Women try to please their men but i think it should also be the same thing with men. Men should also try to please their women.
kittymamamau
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kittymamamau.html
Latest Review: Fences by Angela Khrsitin Brown

Post by kittymamamau »

I think it is true, but it's not necessarily a good thing. Women in relationships can sometimes get so caught up in trying to keep their partner happy that they become unhappy themselves. Obviously both partners should try to please the other, but it should be an equal effort.
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookiegalke.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by bookiegalke »

In any healthy relationship none of the partner should have to do go out their way to please the other. Where one partner is the one doing the pleasing, that relationship is bound to fail. It's not in every relationship that the woman pleases the man.

-- 29 Jul 2017, 13:49 --

In any healthy relationship none of the partner should have to do go out their way to please the other. Where one partner is the one doing the pleasing, that relationship is bound to fail. It's not in every relationship that the woman pleases the man.

-- 29 Jul 2017, 13:51 --

'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Miche Sora
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Silence Fallen</a>
Currently Reading: Volatile Bonds
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miche-sora.html
Latest Review: "The Devil's Dragon" by Jason F Boggs

Post by Miche Sora »

I think women try to please their men more than the opposite way around, generally speaking. However, it's best when it goes both ways!
She reads books
as one would breathe air,
to fill up and live.

--Annie Dillard
Latest Review: "The Devil's Dragon" by Jason F Boggs

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”