Child prostitution: a reality in Third World

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Ayosinmi
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayosinmi.html
Latest Review: "A Nation Divided" by Anthony R. Flagg

Child prostitution: a reality in Third World

Post by Ayosinmi »

Malika's parents gave her in prostitution to tourists.

They were charging them money and giving Malika her share which she was saving so that she could escape that reality someday.

Malika was just 12 years old.

Can anything be done about this ugly phenomenon or do we all just fold our arms and conclude that since it doesn't apply to us, we are excluded?
Lord, protect me from my friends; I can take care of my enemies.
Voltaire, 1694-1778
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I was shocked to read that her own parents gave her in prostitution. Their own daughter, and only a kid for that! Nothing excuses that, in my book. Malika was just a kid, so she didn't realize she was exploited and believed her parents that it is more dignified than her father's job. :roll:

I agree something should be done, but I am not sure what. :eusa-think:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

gali wrote:I was shocked to read that her own parents gave her in prostitution. Their own daughter, and only a kid for that! Nothing excuses that, in my book. Malika was just a kid, so she didn't realize she was exploited and believed her parents that it is more dignified than her father's job. :roll:

I agree something should be done, but I am not sure what. :eusa-think:
It's appalling. Nothing excuses that... Anywhere. Believing that it's more dignifying than her father's job.
Maybe parents in the affected areas should undergo a mass reorientation.
It's something ???
Voltaire, 1694-1778
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

Child prostitution is really one of the rampant social problems that the whole world is facing right now. The grim reality is that the parents themselves pimp their children to prostitution. Can we do something about this? We must be vigilant about it.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

Donnavila Marie01 wrote:Child prostitution is really one of the rampant social problems that the whole world is facing right now. The grim reality is that the parents themselves pimp their children to prostitution. Can we do something about this? We must be vigilant about it.
People pimp their children and other people's children too. I agree with you. Something has to be done.
Voltaire, 1694-1778
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

Child prostitution is something that happens all over the world. I just recently became aware that there is a lot of it in America as well. I know there are organizations out there that's fighting against it, but unfortunately it's not enough. I agree that something more needs to be done to protect our children.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

Amagine wrote:Child prostitution is something that happens all over the world. I just recently became aware that there is a lot of it in America as well. I know there are organizations out there that's fighting against it, but unfortunately it's not enough. I agree that something more needs to be done to protect our children.
Well... I thought it only exists in this part of the world.
You are correct, we need to do more to protect our children
Voltaire, 1694-1778
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

Ayosinmi wrote:
Amagine wrote:Child prostitution is something that happens all over the world. I just recently became aware that there is a lot of it in America as well. I know there are organizations out there that's fighting against it, but unfortunately it's not enough. I agree that something more needs to be done to protect our children.
Child prostitution is a reality worldwide. During an engineers tour i attended 7 years ago in Asia and Europe, I drew similarities within tourist sites there and in Africa. Where young boys and girls were sometimes even brought to your hotels unsolicited.

The trade was so rampant in India and Moldova, especially in budget hotels near tourist traffic I vowed never to travel cheap again.
gali

Post by gali »

juliusotinyo wrote:
Ayosinmi wrote:
Child prostitution is a reality worldwide. During an engineers tour i attended 7 years ago in Asia and Europe, I drew similarities within tourist sites there and in Africa. Where young boys and girls were sometimes even brought to your hotels unsolicited.

The trade was so rampant in India and Moldova, especially in budget hotels near tourist traffic I vowed never to travel cheap again.
I have heard about it and it is shocking! Well done for refusing the offers.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

juliusotinyo wrote:

??? people are accepting those offers and that's one of the reasons it has continued.
Thank you for being the different one

-- 09 Jul 2017, 07:45 --
gali wrote:
juliusotinyo wrote:
Ayosinmi wrote:

I have heard about it and it is shocking! Well done for refusing the offers.
Kudos to him and every man who has refused such at one point or the other.
Voltaire, 1694-1778
PRAXIDES
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 98862">The 11.05 Murders</a>
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praxides.html
Latest Review: "Missing Pieces" by Christine Betts

Post by PRAXIDES »

I was shocked to hear Maalika started child prostitution at 12yrs. The sad truth is that child prostitution is real and some parents encourage there children into it. I think the Government should be strict on the issue and prosecute the parents leading there children into the Act. The community should also be alert to report such incidents to relevant authorities.
Latest Review: "Missing Pieces" by Christine Betts
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

PRAXIDES wrote:I was shocked to hear Maalika started child prostitution at 12yrs. The sad truth is that child prostitution is real and some parents encourage there children into it. I think the Government should be strict on the issue and prosecute the parents leading there children into the Act. The community should also be alert to report such incidents to relevant authorities.
You are very correct. Strict laws should be put in place and enforced.
Voltaire, 1694-1778
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

PRAXIDES wrote:I was shocked to hear Maalika started child prostitution at 12yrs. The sad truth is that child prostitution is real and some parents encourage there children into it. I think the Government should be strict on the issue and prosecute the parents leading there children into the Act. The community should also be alert to report such incidents to relevant authorities.
Unfortunately, its highly tolerated. Police may fail to act as society hides the vice, Especially in poor neighbourhoods. The key to ending this is stopping the demand. A stream of clients male and female willing to pay will always produce a demand.

-- 09 Jul 2017, 16:38 --

*supply
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

juliusotinyo wrote:
Unfortunately, its highly tolerated. Police may fail to act as society hides the vice, Especially in poor neighbourhoods. The key to ending this is stopping the demand. A stream of clients male and female willing to pay will always produce a demand.

*supply
Spot on! It's highly tolerated... That's the key to stopping it. But not the only thing, it an endemic that requires a multiple approach.
The authorities should do their part as well.
Voltaire, 1694-1778
gali

Post by gali »

Ayosinmi wrote:
juliusotinyo wrote:

*supply
Spot on! It's highly tolerated... That's the key to stopping it. But not the only thing, it an endemic that requires a multiple approach.
The authorities should do their part as well.
They should do, I agree. Sadly, some authorities in those developed countries just turn a blind eye.
A retired Admin/Mod

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”