Child prostitution: a reality in Third World

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-0719672189.html
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing

Re: Child prostitution: a reality in Third World

Post by 0719672189 »

Ayosinmi wrote:Malika's parents gave her in prostitution to tourists.

They were charging them money and giving Malika her share which she was saving so that she could escape that reality someday.

Malika was just 12 years old.

Can anything be done about this ugly phenomenon or do we all just fold our arms and conclude that since it doesn't apply to us, we are excluded?
Its a very sad reality that happens to young girls,the people who should be responsible for their security are the ones who betray them.My heart broke for Malika who was sold by her own parents.
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing
Ayosinmi
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayosinmi.html
Latest Review: "A Nation Divided" by Anthony R. Flagg

Post by Ayosinmi »

It's so sad. Very sad. Let's send up prayers in their behalf and trust God to help them.
Lord, protect me from my friends; I can take care of my enemies.
Voltaire, 1694-1778
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

We might come up with the multiple approaches and cook up genius plans to stop it but at the end of it all, if we don't root out the evil in our hearts, there will be no end to this or any other form of evil. All of this is done and perpetrated because of money/power or some of these forms, and so we understand that money is the root of all evil.
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

geoffrey ngoima wrote:We might come up with the multiple approaches and cook up genius plans to stop it but at the end of it all, if we don't root out the evil in our hearts, there will be no end to this or any other form of evil. All of this is done and perpetrated because of money/power or some of these forms, and so we understand that money is the root of all evil.
More like, the love of money is the root of all evil... Great summation. Nice one

-- 01 Sep 2017, 14:49 --
geoffrey ngoima wrote:We might come up with the multiple approaches and cook up genius plans to stop it but at the end of it all, if we don't root out the evil in our hearts, there will be no end to this or any other form of evil. All of this is done and perpetrated because of money/power or some of these forms, and so we understand that money is the root of all evil.
More like, the love of money is the root of all evil... Great summation. Nice one
Voltaire, 1694-1778
Debbyemi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debbyemi.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Debbyemi »

Child is appalling and must be stopped, can't even begin to imagine what she was made to go through by her own parent, more awareness needs to be created on the evil and damage it will cause to the child involved. nothing should make us participate in it.
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

You are right. Nothing should make us participate in it... Thanks for your comment Debbyemi.
Voltaire, 1694-1778
GPM
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpm.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by GPM »

Even if prostitution is illegal, I think government should also do its part to prevent this to be more rampant.
"A man learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." - Will Rogers
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

GPM you are right. Something should be done by the government too.
... So help us God...
Thanks for your comment dear
Voltaire, 1694-1778
Oliver Ekaso
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oliver-ekaso.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Oliver Ekaso »

In the third world, child prostitution is very rampant. Some parents actually encourage it. Others traffic teenage girls and use them in sex trades or as sex slaves. This is totally wrong. I think working towards eliminating poverty would go a long way in eliminating or at least reducing child prostitution in the third world.
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

You are quite right Oliver. Poverty and ignorance are directly related to this menace.
Thanks for your comment
Voltaire, 1694-1778
Job Njoroge
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-job-njoroge.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Job Njoroge »

Child prostitution is a big problem especially in war torn areas where there is no government and in poor countries. It can be curbed by putting laws into place and strictly enforcing them. Also helping communities find alternative ways of livelihood and involving them in the fight against child prostitution
Mtsweni Nelsy
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsweni-nelsy.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Mtsweni Nelsy »

Child prostitution should be banned in all states. It is disgusting, shameful and immoral. What will become of the lives of children involved when they learn about this once they have matured? Something really needs to be done. The government States should learn and implement techniques on spending less on unimportant things, like buying expensive helicopters for the presidents, and use the money to support suffering families, so that children are not used as a source of income. :hand:
cherryalakei
Currently Reading: anita blake burnt offerings
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherryalakei.html
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin

Post by cherryalakei »

I had a lot of issues with this aspect of the book, especially when we find out how young she is and that her parents introduced this in her life. It is a nasty reality, but a reality nonetheless. I'm not sure if it's a widely accepted notion in other countries or not, but regardless child prostitution and human trafficking go hand in hand, and it happens every day even in the USA. There are hotel databases (I cant remember the sight) that ask you to take pictures of the hotels you stay in when your on vacation, so they can match the rooms to images posted of the minors and adults who are sold through human trafficking. I don't know any organizations per se, but I agree that something needs be done, but the question is what and how?
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin
ifeoma obike
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifeoma-obike.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by ifeoma obike »

That is one thing that stuck with me in this story. To pimp out your own child, and at that age to anything with money is the sickest thing to do. Each one of us can fight child prostitution in our way by reporting, bearing witness, relaying information, making donations. Any of these can save lives
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Doaa Wael
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doaa-wael.html

Post by Doaa Wael »

Being an Arab, I was shocked too as this is illegal and very uncommon. Prostitution itself is unlawful in many Arab countries, let alone those who are underage. What i deduced from a conversation between Malika and Elias is that she was living in the old city, that is separated from the modern city. In that case this would make sense as such old cities tend to be isolated and regulations tend to be bad and people often do what is considered the "norm" for their area/tribe and not what is on the global level. But in most cities, this issue is illegal.
Imagination Trumps Reality.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”