Child prostitution: a reality in Third World

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Ayosinmi
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayosinmi.html
Latest Review: "A Nation Divided" by Anthony R. Flagg

Re: Child prostitution: a reality in Third World

Post by Ayosinmi »

gali wrote:
Ayosinmi wrote:
juliusotinyo wrote:
Unfortunately, its highly tolerated. Police may fail to act as society hides the vice, Especially in poor neighbourhoods. The key to ending this is stopping the demand. A stream of clients male and female willing to pay will always produce a demand.

-- 09 Jul 2017, 16:38 --

*supply
Spot on! It's highly tolerated... That's the key to stopping it. But not the only thing, it an endemic that requires a multiple approach.
The authorities should do their part as well.
They should do, I agree. Sadly, some authorities in those developed countries just turn a blind eye.
I won't be surprised if the concerned authorities get their own percentage from the money made by these people. In that case, it then becomes a vicious cycle...
Lord, protect me from my friends; I can take care of my enemies.
Voltaire, 1694-1778
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Ayosinmi wrote:
gali wrote:
Ayosinmi wrote: Spot on! It's highly tolerated... That's the key to stopping it. But not the only thing, it an endemic that requires a multiple approach.
The authorities should do their part as well.
They should do, I agree. Sadly, some authorities in those developed countries just turn a blind eye.
I won't be surprised if the concerned authorities get their own percentage from the money made by these people. In that case, it then becomes a vicious cycle...
They probably do get their percentage. Bribery is a way of life in some of those places.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

gali wrote:
Ayosinmi wrote:
gali wrote:
They probably do get their percentage. Bribery is a way of life in some of those places.
In that case, only a higher authority can do anything about the situation. Let's keep hope alive.
Voltaire, 1694-1778
dariosaguciojr
Favorite Book: Gringo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dariosaguciojr.html
Latest Review: Seven at Two Past Five by Tara Basi

Post by dariosaguciojr »

Child prostitution is rampant especially in a third world country. The main reason is poverty. Hunger is like an addictive drug that you'll do anything in order to fill your hungry stomach with food even if it means resorting to stealing and worst selling a child to prostitution. This is where paternal love and fear of the Lord comes in. If a parent truly loves his or her child they would never allow such a thing to happen, and if a person fears God you'll never even think of selling a child to prostitution or anything that will not please Him.
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

dariosaguciojr wrote:Child prostitution is rampant especially in a third world country. The main reason is poverty. Hunger is like an addictive drug that you'll do anything in order to fill your hungry stomach with food even if it means resorting to stealing and worst selling a child to prostitution. This is where paternal love and fear of the Lord comes in. If a parent truly loves his or her child they would never allow such a thing to happen, and if a person fears God you'll never even think of selling a child to prostitution or anything that will not please Him.
You are right. Hunger is real. May we not experience it.
Parents may get involved in prostitution if they choose, it's the highest form of selfishness if a parent sells his or her children to prostitution.
What generation of children are they breeding?
Voltaire, 1694-1778
gali

Post by gali »

Ayosinmi wrote:
dariosaguciojr wrote:Child prostitution is rampant especially in a third world country. The main reason is poverty. Hunger is like an addictive drug that you'll do anything in order to fill your hungry stomach with food even if it means resorting to stealing and worst selling a child to prostitution. This is where paternal love and fear of the Lord comes in. If a parent truly loves his or her child they would never allow such a thing to happen, and if a person fears God you'll never even think of selling a child to prostitution or anything that will not please Him.
Parents may get involved in prostitution if they choose, it's the highest form of selfishness if a parent sells his or her children to prostitution.

Sadly, such is indeed the case in those countries. I agree with both of you; A parent who truly loves his kid would never use him that way. In the book, it didn't seem as Malika's mom loved her. She was even jealous that Elias preferred her daughter to her.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

gali wrote:
Ayosinmi wrote:

Sadly, such is indeed the case in those countries. I agree with both of you; A parent who truly loves his kid would never use him that way. In the book, it didn't seem as Malika's mom loved her. She was even jealous that Elias preferred her daughter to her.
Exactly! She was jealous of her daughter. She claimed she is in love with Elias. Yikes! Eww!
Voltaire, 1694-1778
SilviaP21
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silviap21.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by SilviaP21 »

It's shocking and painful to know that in the 21st century people still do this. It makes me sick to think about it
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

SilviaP21 wrote:It's shocking and painful to know that in the 21st century people still do this. It makes me sick to think about it
It's sickening to say the least. We need help
Voltaire, 1694-1778
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

I just want to clarify that child prostitution does not only happen to third world countries. It also happens in the second world countries and first world countries. In most cases, the third world countries are the suppliers but the first world markets are the markets.
gali

Post by gali »

Ayosinmi wrote:
gali wrote:
Ayosinmi wrote: You are right. Hunger is real. May we not experience it.

Exactly! She was jealous of her daughter. She claimed she is in love with Elias. Yikes! Eww!
Yikes indeed! I hope this part of the tale wasn't based on a real story.

-- July 10th, 2017, 5:03 pm --
Donnavila Marie01 wrote:I just want to clarify that child prostitution does not only happen to third world countries. It also happens in the second world countries and first world countries. In most cases, the third world countries are the suppliers but the first world markets are the markets.
Of course, but as you said they are the source.
A retired Admin/Mod

Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

gali wrote:
Ayosinmi wrote:
gali wrote:

Yikes indeed! I hope this part of the tale wasn't based on a real story.

I hope so too. I really do. It's a crazy world. God help us
Voltaire, 1694-1778
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

PRAXIDES wrote:I was shocked to hear Maalika started child prostitution at 12yrs. The sad truth is that child prostitution is real and some parents encourage there children into it. I think the Government should be strict on the issue and prosecute the parents leading there children into the Act. The community should also be alert to report such incidents to relevant authorities.
There are even five-year-old kids who are involved in prostitution.
gali

Post by gali »

Donnavila Marie01 wrote:
PRAXIDES wrote:I was shocked to hear Maalika started child prostitution at 12yrs. The sad truth is that child prostitution is real and some parents encourage there children into it. I think the Government should be strict on the issue and prosecute the parents leading there children into the Act. The community should also be alert to report such incidents to relevant authorities.
Poor kids! It is outrageous. The community indeed should report such cases.
A retired Admin/Mod

Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

gali wrote:
Donnavila Marie01 wrote:
Poor kids! It is outrageous. The community indeed should report such cases.
The community is apparently tolerant of the act. Otherwise, why would Malika save to leave the town. She could have just left the area but leaving the city entirely means that she would not get any sympathy from other member of the community.
It's pathetic
Voltaire, 1694-1778

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”