Nadia, A Survivor

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-0719672189.html
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing

Re: Nadia, A Survivor

Post by 0719672189 »

She is a very strong character,her strength is drawn from her love for her son.she represents strength in women and inspires women who are oppressed in any way to fight to break their chains.I loved her character.
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing
Ayosinmi
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayosinmi.html
Latest Review: "A Nation Divided" by Anthony R. Flagg

Post by Ayosinmi »

Thank you for stopping by here and you are right. She draws her strength from her love for her son. Who says love is not enough to conquer all... ? cheers and hugs
Lord, protect me from my friends; I can take care of my enemies.
Voltaire, 1694-1778
King Fisher
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-king-fisher.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Post by King Fisher »

Its kind of funny that of the three main characters in the book only one got to go see Adele perform, it clearly says a lot about love and its evident in Nadia's action s, really wish there were more women like her willing to stand up to negative men in our society.
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

Right King Fisher. We need more women who would not be intimidated by the environment and stand up to any form of abuse. Thanks for your comment. Much appreciated
Voltaire, 1694-1778
ifeoma obike
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifeoma-obike.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by ifeoma obike »

Nadia was my favourite character. Her courage and determination to fight for her rights in a place where male chauvinism is encouraged; a place where customs and traditions is more regarded than the law is remarkable. I love how she shielded her son from the chaos in her life. She potrayed a good image of her husband to his son despite everything. I think that speaks a lot on motherhood. A lot of mothers will make the child to be filled with so much hatred for the father, which can have a negative impact on his psychological growth. It is better to leave the children out of family issues until they old enough to understand and deal with it.
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Doaa Wael
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doaa-wael.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Doaa Wael »

I loved Nadia. I loved how at the airport scene, she first fought, but then made a sacrifice, she signifies strength, independence and a proof that love is always within us if we choose to give it and it doesnt have to be to a man, it could be to a friend, to family or even to a cause.
Imagination Trumps Reality.
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

ifeoma obike wrote:Nadia was my favourite character. Her courage and determination to fight for her rights in a place where male chauvinism is encouraged; a place where customs and traditions is more regarded than the law is remarkable. I love how she shielded her son from the chaos in her life. She potrayed a good image of her husband to his son despite everything. I think that speaks a lot on motherhood. A lot of mothers will make the child to be filled with so much hatred for the father, which can have a negative impact on his psychological growth. It is better to leave the children out of family issues until they old enough to understand and deal with it.
You are very correct, she's the hero. Thank you for your comment

-- 22 Oct 2017, 12:41 --
Doaa Wael wrote:I loved Nadia. I loved how at the airport scene, she first fought, but then made a sacrifice, she signifies strength, independence and a proof that love is always within us if we choose to give it and it doesnt have to be to a man, it could be to a friend, to family or even to a cause.
Hmmm. Great reply. Love is always within us... Thanks for such insightful words
Voltaire, 1694-1778
DustinPBrown
Currently Reading: My Family and Other Animals
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dustinpbrown.html
Latest Review: It's Never Water Under the Bridge by Rianne Moss

Post by DustinPBrown »

Nadia was strong through the whole book, and she has to be to be the survivor that she is. She had a painful past that her culture and society unfortunately forces her to encounter nearly every day over and over again (the ties her ex has with her son and the legal control the father has) and she still fights for what she thinks is right and for her son. She's so admirable.
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

DustinPBrown wrote:Nadia was strong through the whole book, and she has to be to be the survivor that she is. She had a painful past that her culture and society unfortunately forces her to encounter nearly every day over and over again (the ties her ex has with her son and the legal control the father has) and she still fights for what she thinks is right and for her son. She's so admirable.
Quite admirable. Her strength just radiates all through, I'm quite enamored with her character.
Thanks for your comment.
Voltaire, 1694-1778
inaramid
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

Nadia's character was actually, for me, the book's saving grace. I admired her tenacity and her devil-may-care attitude, especially since her culture had so many unreasonable demands and restraints on women.
Scrawling Pen
Currently Reading: Snape
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scrawling-pen.html
Latest Review: The Queen of Xana by Fred Pilcher

Post by Scrawling Pen »

Nadia is truly a strong character. I can only imagine how difficult her life was with her ex-husband and breaking the bindings in order to protect both herself and her son. I wish that her character story was developed just a bit more. She would have been an even better character if they had built upon her background more.
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

inaramid wrote: 15 Dec 2017, 02:31 Nadia's character was actually, for me, the book's saving grace. I admired her tenacity and her devil-may-care attitude, especially since her culture had so many unreasonable demands and restraints on women.
Believe me, I share your sentiment. She's a strong and formidable one
Voltaire, 1694-1778
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

To say that Nadia challenged me as a person would be incorrect. However, she did open my eyes to the hardships faced by women from around the world. This made me more grateful to all the good things I enjoy in life and more sympathetic to the conditions in other parts of the world.
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

Scrawling Pen wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 13:56 Nadia is truly a strong character. I can only imagine how difficult her life was with her ex-husband and breaking the bindings in order to protect both herself and her son. I wish that her character story was developed just a bit more. She would have been an even better character if they had built upon her background more.
I also wish they had developed her character more. In fact, it would the book a whole lot of good. You're correct in that. Cheers
Voltaire, 1694-1778
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

Samy Lax wrote: 22 Feb 2018, 01:53 To say that Nadia challenged me as a person would be incorrect. However, she did open my eyes to the hardships faced by women from around the world. This made me more grateful to all the good things I enjoy in life and more sympathetic to the conditions in other parts of the world.
Great. I'm glad it made you more sympathetic towards others. More importantly, one should be grateful if one doesn't have to go through this things
Voltaire, 1694-1778

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”