Fidelity vs. infidelity

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Fidelity vs. infidelity

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

Yeah.. pretty much everything Gali and Hsimone said. No excuse for it in my book. If one partner has issues and sees cheating as an option, that is their problem and not their partners fault at all.
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
Lest92
Currently Reading: Oil and Marble
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lest92.html
Latest Review: The Everywhere Spirit by Nicholas Applin

Post by Lest92 »

It's an emotional betrayal in my opinion. It's cheating because it undermines his bond with his wife and threatens the stability of the marriage. Physical stuff would just be a cherry on the cheating cake.
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

What Yaser did is classified as emotional cheating. Affairs / infidelity are not only limited to physical intimacy.
yellosteel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by yellosteel »

If I hear lol
Kdonegan91
Favorite Author: Wanda E. Brunstetter
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 202">Never Cry Again</a>
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdonegan91.html
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Reading Device: 1400699169
fav_author_id: 19883

Post by Kdonegan91 »

I agree that even though it wasn't a physical affair, it was definitely an emotional affair. My rule is: If you wouldn't do it in front of your wife, you shouldn't be doing it at all.
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. - Wayne Dyer
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

I think it is cheating. It doesn't have to necessarily be a physical affair, or contact in order for it to be it. In my book, that is considered cheating.
Ssinghal
Bookshelf Size: 1113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ssinghal.html
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna

Post by Ssinghal »

hsimone wrote:
gali wrote:
Amutinda wrote:I think its a matter of emotional stress, you find relief from someone else rather than your partner
It still doesn't justify it, in my view.
I agree with gali on this one. If you "have to" find "relief from someone else rather than your partner", then you shouldn't be with that partner. At that point, you are not partners anymore because not only is the first person cheating, but he/she is also lying everyday. Then the next question is - what kind of relationship is based on a lie?
The marriage was already over and the only reason he didn't go for a divorce was because of the kids.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one...
-George RR Martin
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna
Jeconiaomolo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 65">Heaven and Earth</a>
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeconiaomolo.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeconiaomolo »

gali wrote:Ssinghal raised an interesting point. According to him, "what Yasser did doesn't count as an affair, as he did not have any physical relationship with his lover". I think it is still cheating, even if he didn't realize the affair. And he did try, but he retreated at the last minute. What do you think?
Actually this was cheating, I agree, but still I can't blame Yaser. He had a lot of stress and Isabelle was his pain killer. If your own wife has turned to be something else, what do you do? Thank God he changed his mind.
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for"-
Socrates
yellosteel
Currently Reading:

Post by yellosteel »

What Yasser did,though was wrong,cannot be considered as cheating simply because it does not qualify as an affair,as such, i disagreed with the notion that his was a case of outright infidelity.
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

Ssinghal wrote:
hsimone wrote:
gali wrote:

It still doesn't justify it, in my view.
I agree with gali on this one. If you "have to" find "relief from someone else rather than your partner", then you shouldn't be with that partner. At that point, you are not partners anymore because not only is the first person cheating, but he/she is also lying everyday. Then the next question is - what kind of relationship is based on a lie?
The marriage was already over and the only reason he didn't go for a divorce was because of the kids.
They were technically still married though. If they both felt that way then why wasn't his wife cheating too?
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

gali wrote:Ssinghal raised an interesting point. According to him, "what Yasser did doesn't count as an affair, as he did not have any physical relationship with his lover". I think it is still cheating, even if he didn't realize the affair. And he did try, but he retreated at the last minute. What do you think?
I would personally consider it cheating if my husband engaged in that type of behavior. It would be a major issue in our marriage, one that might end the marriage.

-- 18 Jul 2017, 16:09 --
yellosteel wrote:Am not saying its not,but the fact still remains that for a marriage to be successful is a collective responsibility of the partners.
Reacting to the issues by cheating does not solve the problem.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Emilyflint
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 12756">The Last Battle</a>
Currently Reading: Gameboard of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 248
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emilyflint.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Emilyflint »

You do not have to have to have a physical relationship for it to be cheating. Thats it. No gray areas.
Shireks Nancy
Currently Reading: My Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shireks-nancy.html
Latest Review: "Can I Be Frank?" by Rob Wyatt

Post by Shireks Nancy »

To me, it is not cheating until it is physical Everyone makes mistakes, but if someone can go back at the last minute, then I don't think they should be held liable.
Latest Review: "Can I Be Frank?" by Rob Wyatt
yellosteel
Currently Reading:

Post by yellosteel »

Emilyflint wrote:You do not have to have to have a physical relationship for it to be cheating. Thats it. No gray areas.
I do agree with you! :tiphat: :tiphat:
Pm7lucas
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pm7lucas.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Pm7lucas »

Yassir absolutely had an affair from my perspective...you don't have to have physical contact to cheat!

Paula :D
"I think therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”