A sequel

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

A sequel

Post by gali »

Would you like to read a sequel? What would you want to read about in a sequel?
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I don't think I would want to read a sequel because I wasn't a huge fan of the first one. If there was a 2nd book, maybe they can write one that focuses only on Nadia and her determination to gain her independence from the men in her life.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
gali

Post by gali »

Amagine wrote:I don't think I would want to read a sequel because I wasn't a huge fan of the first one. If there was a 2nd book, maybe they can write one that focuses only on Nadia and her determination to gain her independence from the men in her life.
I would like to read more about Nadia, though I wasn't that huge fan of the first book either.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Ssinghal
Bookshelf Size: 1113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ssinghal.html
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna

Post by Ssinghal »

I do not think I would prefer a sequel unless it ends with a happily ever after scenario. If Elias and Mallika finally come together, Yasser and Miriam finally begin to love each other again, and if Nadia is freed from the clutches of her husband, only then will a review be interesting and worth reading.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one...
-George RR Martin
gali

Post by gali »

Ssinghal wrote:I do not think I would prefer a sequel unless it ends with a happily ever after scenario. If Elias and Mallika finally come together, Yasser and Miriam finally begin to love each other again, and if Nadia is freed from the clutches of her husband, only then will a review be interesting and worth reading.
A happily ever after scenario not always fits the tale. In the case of Nadia, I am not sure it is possible in her culture.
A retired Admin/Mod

Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

I don't see how the story to continue in a more catching plot. I think the story is intended to end this way.
gali

Post by gali »

Donnavila Marie01 wrote:I don't see how the story to continue in a more catching plot. I think the story is intended to end this way.
I think it could, maybe by focusing on Malika.
A retired Admin/Mod

Donnavila Marie01

Ok, I got the point of having a sequel or several sequels. I want a sequel focusing on each of the Characters. I want to follow Malika in her quest.
gali

Post by gali »

Donnavila Marie01 wrote:Ok, I got the point of having a sequel or several sequels. I want a sequel focusing on each of the Characters. I want to follow Malika in her quest.
I like that. I would like to read more about her.
A retired Admin/Mod

PRAXIDES
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 98862">The 11.05 Murders</a>
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praxides.html
Latest Review: "Missing Pieces" by Christine Betts

Post by PRAXIDES »

Donnavila Marie01 wrote:Ok, I got the point of having a sequel or several sequels. I want a sequel focusing on each of the Characters. I want to follow Malika in her quest.
Same here. I would like to follow Maalika every step of the way to her quest rather than reading it through Elias.
Latest Review: "Missing Pieces" by Christine Betts
IsabelMay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3761
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isabelmay.html
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller

Post by IsabelMay »

I don't think this book needs a sequel, it would be completely unnecessary. I have to admit I didn't find it that interesting, which might be the reason why. If I had to choose what would the sequel be about, I'd definitely go for breaking the limits with Nadia and freeing her from her husband. It would be interesting to see a solution even though it doesn't seem possible at first.
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller
Ssinghal
Bookshelf Size: 1113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ssinghal.html

Post by Ssinghal »

gali wrote:
Ssinghal wrote:I do not think I would prefer a sequel unless it ends with a happily ever after scenario. If Elias and Mallika finally come together, Yasser and Miriam finally begin to love each other again, and if Nadia is freed from the clutches of her husband, only then will a review be interesting and worth reading.
A happily ever after scenario not always fits the tale. In the case of Nadia, I am not sure it is possible in her culture.
Maybe if the second story showed her husband apologizing to her and accepting his mistake, or maybe her remarrying someone who can love her better, then a sequel would be enjoyable.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one...
-George RR Martin
DeeA
Currently Reading: The Dancing Barber
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by DeeA »

I think the book ended perfectly with a touch of mystery that it begun with not everything is supposed to be wrapped up in a happy bow in some way all characters got some sense of closure and sometimes that's all that matters
gali

Post by gali »

Ssinghal wrote:
gali wrote:
Maybe if the second story showed her husband apologizing to her and accepting his mistake, or maybe her remarrying someone who can love her better, then a sequel would be enjoyable.
He was her ex and abused her, so I don't think it is possible.
A retired Admin/Mod

Donnavila Marie01

I want a different ending for Elias like Malika. I prefer an ending for Elias that will bring his family to a happy one. And Elias will become a good husband and a father to his children without pretentions.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”