Yasser or Miriam?

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Jeyran Main
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyran-main.html
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards

Re: Yasser or Miriam?

Post by Jeyran Main »

Their relationship did not stand the solid foundations of what is to be now known as a mature relationship. Hence, it crumbled and the effects of it were one cheating on the other and them both questioning everything.
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Jeyran Main wrote:Their relationship did not stand the solid foundations of what is to be now known as a mature relationship. Hence, it crumbled and the effects of it were one cheating on the other and them both questioning everything.
Indeed. Yasser wasn't open with his wife, so it was one reason their relationship failed. Also, he didn't marry her because he loved her, but because he admired her stand on religion.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Vallen Kale
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vallen-kale.html
Latest Review: "Keys to Tetouan" by Mois Benarroch

Post by Vallen Kale »

I actually sympathized with both of them. They are very flawed people. When we have problems or dilemmas, we tend to find ourselves strayed from the correct path or where you should be. But it is very hard trying to do the right thing when the definition of 'right' is different from one person to another.

Yasser and Miriam have different values but I like they are trying to make their lives compatible.
Latest Review: "Keys to Tetouan" by Mois Benarroch
gali

Post by gali »

Vallen Kale wrote:I actually sympathized with both of them. They are very flawed people. When we have problems or dilemmas, we tend to find ourselves strayed from the correct path or where you should be. But it is very hard trying to do the right thing when the definition of 'right' is different from one person to another.

Yasser and Miriam have different values but I like they are trying to make their lives compatible.
A good point. I felt that Yasser tried more than Miriam. Miriam just expected him to live according to her set of codes and rules.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I wasn't a fan of either one of them. Like others have Yaser complained a lot, and Mariam tried to force her religion on him when she knew he didn't believe. Their constant arguments annoyed me. I guess this goes to show you that perhaps one shouldn't propose to another with just six months of "knowing" each other. They clearly didn't know each other as well as they thought they did.
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Jeconiaomolo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 65">Heaven and Earth</a>
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeconiaomolo.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeconiaomolo »

I strongly support Yaser. Men naturally demand respect, and here is a case where Mariam complains a lot, she criticizes everything Yaser will suggest.I think Yaser has done his best to make relationship move on.
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for"-
Socrates
gali

Post by gali »

hsimone wrote:I wasn't a fan of either one of them. Like others have Yaser complained a lot, and Mariam tried to force her religion on him when she knew he didn't believe. Their constant arguments annoyed me. I guess this goes to show you that perhaps one shouldn't propose to another with just six months of "knowing" each other. They clearly didn't know each other as well as they thought they did.
I agree! I was also annoyed by their constant arguments. As I said above, they deserved each other.
A retired Admin/Mod

Heidi M Simone
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

gali wrote:
hsimone wrote:I wasn't a fan of either one of them. Like others have Yaser complained a lot, and Mariam tried to force her religion on him when she knew he didn't believe. Their constant arguments annoyed me. I guess this goes to show you that perhaps one shouldn't propose to another with just six months of "knowing" each other. They clearly didn't know each other as well as they thought they did.
I agree! I was also annoyed by their constant arguments. As I said above, they deserved each other.
Exactly! They did deserve each other!

I would be interested in knowing what their children saw/heard. It was hard to tell how much the children understood of their parents' relationship since we didn't get to hear from them. It seemed like Yaser was away quite a bit and working a lot, but aside from that, it would be nice to know more.
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Juliet Esther
Currently Reading: That place of knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-esther.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Juliet Esther »

I don't think i can side with either of them, both of them are to be blamed for their failing relationship. I somehow feel that Yaser is more responsible because first he has an affair and second he doesn't pay attention to his wife,he only does things because she wants him to and not because he wants to which even complicates his life more. Miriam on the other hand is known for starting arguments,they are both bad listeners and their biggest problem is that they do not understand each other.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Pm7lucas
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pm7lucas.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Pm7lucas »

I don't really support either of them. It seems that she was extremely demanding and hard to live with. He was constantly complaining, but did nothing to help the situation - he even had a phone sex buddy!

Paula :D
"I think therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Julez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julez.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Julez »

They both have their faults. The problem they had was lack of communication about their feelings to each other. It would have saved a lot.
Ssinghal
Bookshelf Size: 1113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ssinghal.html
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna

Post by Ssinghal »

gali wrote:
Jeyran Main wrote:Their relationship did not stand the solid foundations of what is to be now known as a mature relationship. Hence, it crumbled and the effects of it were one cheating on the other and them both questioning everything.
Indeed. Yasser wasn't open with his wife, so it was one reason their relationship failed. Also, he didn't marry her because he loved her, but because he admired her stand on religion.
YES. And in the end he realized that her stand on religion was actually the real reason why their marriage was a failure. That's ironic :lol: :lol:
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one...
-George RR Martin
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna
shish_by_design
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 66">Strong Heart</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shish-by-design.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by shish_by_design »

Everyone has their own truth, their own reasons for doing what they did. I don't think I can pick a side.
Denise Wallace
Currently Reading: 11:05 Murders
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-denise-wallace.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: B01HC0DVM4

Post by Denise Wallace »

Chepkemoi95 wrote:I think I support Yaser though he was whiny, he kept trying to please his 'hard to please wife'
I agree. I found his idea to take his wife to an Adele concert in order to rekindle what they once had to be quite romantic.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookiegalke.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by bookiegalke »

I wouldn't take either side because both of them played a big part in destroying their marriage. neither of them was willing yo overlook the other person's shortcomings but instead focused on putting blame on each other
'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”