Yasser or Miriam?

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Re: Yasser or Miriam?

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

juliusotinyo wrote:I believe their differences made them perfect for each other. In any relationship arguments might end up being a uniting factor, especially when the issue is addressed. Look how easy things became just after 1 scene at the airport.
Differences between two individuals may make them a perfect match but not in all cases.
Snowflake
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowflake.html
Latest Review: Don't Think Twice by Barbara Schoichet

Post by Snowflake »

gali wrote:I didn't like either of them. Yasser was annoying and his wife was just as bad.
I completely agree with the above and I also agree with Donnavila Marie01 that they were both culprits and victims.
peace starts with a smile...
Ssinghal
Bookshelf Size: 1113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ssinghal.html
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna

Post by Ssinghal »

juliusotinyo wrote:I believe their differences made them perfect for each other. In any relationship, arguments might end up being a uniting factor, especially when the issue is addressed. Look how easy things became just after 1 scene at the airport.
I completely agree. Since all mutual respect and understanding were over between them, they should have just given up on the marriage. however, things did not get that right even after the argument in the airport.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one...
-George RR Martin
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Ssinghal wrote:
juliusotinyo wrote:I believe their differences made them perfect for each other. In any relationship, arguments might end up being a uniting factor, especially when the issue is addressed. Look how easy things became just after 1 scene at the airport.
I completely agree. Since all mutual respect and understanding were over between them, they should have just given up on the marriage. however, things did not get that right even after the argument in the airport.
I agree that they should have given up on the marriage, and was surprised they didn't.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Donnavila Marie01

Chepkemoi95 wrote:I think I support Yaser though he was whiny, he kept trying to please his 'hard to please wife'
I like the thought of striving to please your partner because this is a perfect way to maintain excitement and affirmation from both parties.
gali

Post by gali »

Donnavila Marie01 wrote:
Chepkemoi95 wrote:I think I support Yaser though he was whiny, he kept trying to please his 'hard to please wife'
I like the thought of striving to please your partner because this is a perfect way to maintain excitement and affirmation from both parties.
It is if the other party appreciates it and does the same.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Ayisha M Ashruf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayisha-m-ashruf.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Ayisha M Ashruf »

Each has their own reasons and their own story. So I do not think it entirely right to choose sides. But I did feel that Yasser complained too much.
gali

Post by gali »

Ayisha M Ashruf wrote:Each has their own reasons and their own story. So I do not think it entirely right to choose sides. But I did feel that Yasser complained too much.
He did complain too much, I agree! I didn't like either of them. 8)
A retired Admin/Mod

Donnavila Marie01

exactly_dm wrote:Neither. Both were annoying, although quite relatable. The part that has ennerved me the most was their struggle to revive a happy memory, when they had 2 children. How can this be true? At least the moment they wer in the hospital should've been a happy one. Also the weird fight about who was calling whose parents most... urgh! :evil:
Sometimes, this really happens to a couple. the question of who has the better parents or the lovable parents. Parents of the couple are sometimes the source of misunderstanding.
gali

Post by gali »

Donnavila Marie01 wrote:
exactly_dm wrote:Neither. Both were annoying, although quite relatable. The part that has ennerved me the most was their struggle to revive a happy memory, when they had 2 children. How can this be true? At least the moment they wer in the hospital should've been a happy one. Also the weird fight about who was calling whose parents most... urgh! :evil:
Sometimes, this really happens to a couple. the question of who has the better parents or the lovable parents. Parents of the couple are sometimes the source of misunderstanding.
I agree. Grandparents can be a source of arguments, especially in an unhappy marriage. Miriam didn't treat in-laws well, though.
A retired Admin/Mod

Donnavila Marie01

Amagine wrote:Yasser was an annoying character because all he did was complain about his life. It was like he was going through a mid-life crisis. He was even being unfaithful to her. Miriam, while she had her flaws, actually seemed like she was trying a lot more than her husband. She complained less and didn't step outside the marriage simply because they were having problems.
Honestly, I also complain about my life at times. Sometimes, I consider life to be unfair.
gali

Post by gali »

Donnavila Marie01 wrote:
Amagine wrote:Yasser was an annoying character because all he did was complain about his life. It was like he was going through a mid-life crisis. He was even being unfaithful to her. Miriam, while she had her flaws, actually seemed like she was trying a lot more than her husband. She complained less and didn't step outside the marriage simply because they were having problems.
Honestly, I also complain about my life at times. Sometimes, I consider life to be unfair.
There is complaining and there is complaining. We all complain, but Yasser went overboard with it.
A retired Admin/Mod

Donnavila Marie01

The relationship between a husband and wife is not just between them. The family must also be taken into consideration in critical decisions like annulment or divorce. The children most especially.
gali

Post by gali »

Donnavila Marie01 wrote:The relationship between a husband and wife is not just between them. The family must also be taken into consideration in critical decisions like annulment or divorce. The children most especially.
Indeed, but kids grow and leave the nest eventually, so they shouldn't be the only consideration.
A retired Admin/Mod

SilviaP21
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silviap21.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by SilviaP21 »

I'm on team Yaser
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”