The most pivotal scene

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Re: The most pivotal scene

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

Ssinghal wrote:I felt that the most pivotal scene was when Nadia decided not to go to the Adele concert alone and went back to her son. Her inner conflicts have been described in a beautiful way and I really loved that part.
Another scene that I liked was when Elias finds out Mallika's age.
Both of these were very well-written and enjoyable, and I loved them. I'm sure that these scenes will always stay with me in my memories forever.
I agree with you about the scene when Nadia decided not to go to the Adele concert alone. I felt like that was an important part in their relationship, and I couldn't have imagined enjoying myself along at a concert that I had planned going to with my child.
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

klbradley wrote:
Ssinghal wrote:I felt that the most pivotal scene was when Nadia decided not to go to the Adele concert alone and went back to her son. Her inner conflicts have been described in a beautiful way and I really loved that part.
Another scene that I liked was when Elias finds out Mallika's age.
Both of these were very well-written and enjoyable, and I loved them. I'm sure that these scenes will always stay with me in my memories forever.
I agree with you about the scene when Nadia decided not to go to the Adele concert alone. I felt like that was an important part in their relationship, and I couldn't have imagined enjoying myself along at a concert that I had planned going to with my child.
I agree. She acted out of character when deciding at first to go without her son.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

Donnavila Marie01 wrote: This dancing could be her way of deviating from the painful realities of life.
My thoughts exactly, dancing can be very freeing.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 684
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

For me, the pivotal scenes are: For Elias, realizing that he chased a dream and leaving Malika at the concert. For Yaser, going back home. For Nadia, deciding to forego the concert. All were difficult decisions, but for me, the right ones.
Jan Moraa Onsomu
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 9266">Kite Runner</a>
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jan-moraa-onsomu.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Jan Moraa Onsomu »

I cried when Elias found out that he was in love with a child, which explained why he had never touched her and why she sounded so dreamy about her future aspirations. Worse still was the fact that poverty was what had led her to prostitution and that her parents had let her do such a degrading job despite her age. It was so sad, that when Elias gave her money, she thought she had to give her body in exchange. So heartbreaking.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
ktom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktom.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by ktom »

For me, it was the airport scene. I was so distraught, but I knew Nadia was being the bigger person by not leaving without her son, so that made me happy.
"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea." - Henry James
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

I would say the one where Nadia is at the airport but Waleed cant travel with her so he is taken home by his uncle and Nadia stands there watching him go...
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

My pivotal scene was when Nadia realized that she couldn't be allowed to travel with her son. She was to choose between her son and the Adele concert. She gave up the concert and went back to her son. She sacrificed everything for the sake of her son's happiness.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Post by Ria710 »

For me, the most pivotal scene was when we discovered Malika's age. It's heartbreaking that a young girl her age has to risky things to get money.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”