Baby, what's your age?

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
realstar
Bookshelf Size: 6

Re: Baby, what's your age?

Post by realstar »

Age becomes an issue when dealing with persons under 18yrs. For me it's hard dating a guy more than 10yrs older. Younger than 3yrs is a disaster. My guy is 4yrs older, and I see no problem with that. Age also dictates the level of maturity in a person. Mature relationship cannot be built with someone below 18yrs
Miriamsam
Currently Reading: The Award
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriamsam.html
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas

Post by Miriamsam »

Books_are_Life wrote:To me it all depends on maturity level. When you are young generally the maturity level is lower than older people but can be different in each individual. Once you reach adulthood the maturity level of the ages seem to level out again varies by individuals.
I agree with this but personally to be on the safe side I prefer an older guy, maybe 5 years older tops.
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas
Samantha_254
Currently Reading: To Kill a Mockingbird
Bookshelf Size: 180
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-254.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer

Post by Samantha_254 »

Age should matter in the sense that you have to consider the time you could spend together. If there is a big age gap there might be less time to spend together.
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
srm628
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srm628.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Guide For The Avid Indoorsman by John Driver

Post by srm628 »

As a young adult, age is important to me. Teenage boys (even 18 and 19) are often immature, so I would rather go older for the maturity level. Of course, given the fact I am 20, I can only date two years younger than me legally.
Harmony Hills
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0734">Anne of Green Gables</a>
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harmony-hills.html
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh

Post by Harmony Hills »

I had a crush who is younger but taller than I am. I mean, I can't stop my heart from thumping when he's there. But yeah, as much as i can, i really try hard to avoid it. Especially when he's calling me "Older sister." ugh.
“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman, Coraline
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh
DanmachiAkira
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DanmachiAkira »

i was teally shocked wben i read that she only have 13 and he was very old than she was
shish_by_design
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 66">Strong Heart</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shish-by-design.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by shish_by_design »

I always avoid dating boys a year ypunger than me. I don't like feeling like a cougar. so I always go for those older than me.

-- 02 Aug 2017, 01:17 --

Some guys are real sensitive about dating underage girls and with good reason too. I think Elias' relationship would not have flourished If he knew her age prior to having feelings because then he would have avoided the girl, seeing her as a kid but If he really was attracted to her and it was meant to be, he could have waited for her to become of age before asking her out.
Leonidas Ndeta
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonidas-ndeta.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by Leonidas Ndeta »

I think when it comes to love, age is a least factor to consider especially when you are above 18 years but I love the way Yaser never changed his mind about her coz he loved Malika.
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
ValEtt
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valett.html
Latest Review: "Murders in Progress" by Eldon Cene

Post by ValEtt »

Samantha_254 wrote:Age should matter in the sense that you have to consider the time you could spend together. If there is a big age gap there might be less time to spend together.
This is an interesting way to think about age gap relationships, and not a reason that most people cite. It sounds very practical, but what about love? Should it matter how long you get with someone if you enjoy every minute of it? I would rather have some time than none at all by depriving myself of the relationship in fear of later grief. I also think no one really knows how much time they have in their lives, so making decisions based on that (unless someone is sick) wouldn't really work for me.
Latest Review: "Murders in Progress" by Eldon Cene
Serina Vitrino
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serina-vitrino.html
Latest Review: "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris

Post by Serina Vitrino »

It's funny, I've met people who say, "Ew, three years is my limit! Anything older than that is disgusting and wrong". And then what happens? Some smoking hot person who is 5+ years older comes along and suddenly the very same individuals bleat, "Age is just a number, it doesn't matter!".
Latest Review: "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris
Rouzie
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rouzie.html
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Rouzie »

Age matters, I believe in a 3-5 age difference. The male must be older than the female its believed men mature slowly compared to women. I mean nobody wants a guy whom when you've settled and he's still thinking about going clubbing till late night while you are at home with kids.
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Ana Njeri
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-njeri.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Ana Njeri »

Age, is a dealer breaker for me. Before I date someone one of the questions I have to ask is how old are you?

If I like a guy and I find out he is younger than me even by just one year, I either friendzone or brozone you. I find guys younger than me, immatur

My preference is dating a guy older than me. However, not by a huge age difference. If a guy is older than me by more than five years, then I find such a guy too old for me to date him.
A ship is safe in the harbor but that's not what ships are for. So be the person outside the box, get out of your comfort zone, that's the person you want to be.
LadyLynn
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladylynn.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by LadyLynn »

Books_are_Life wrote:To me it all depends on maturity level. When you are young generally the maturity level is lower than older people but can be different in each individual. Once you reach adulthood the maturity level of the ages seem to level out again varies by individuals.
I definitely agree with this right here. For me it's not the age, it's the level of maturity. I married a man 11 years older than me and he had the maturity of a teenager. Now I'm with a man 3 years younger than me and his level of maturity is much higher.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Papercut
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Papercut »

Age doesn't matter if you handle the other person and yourself well when it comes to relationships. I got my first love at the age of 5 and it didn't wear off until I'm 13. Yeah, I drowned on puppy love.

You are free to love someone. Knowing the law and being aware of the age gap are what would I consider as small acts of "respect" because you see the bigger picture or the possible consequences that may occur in your relationship.

But I do think that you should care for yourself first than looking for love.
micarida
Currently Reading: The Vampire Gaytooth
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micarida.html
Latest Review: "Marrying a Playboy Billionaire" by H M Irwing

Post by micarida »

Age is very crucial to me. The man has to be older, a lot older. However if its 13 and 16, well you would have to wait 6 years for her to be of age and that's a lot of years. Age is always a factor for me.
Latest Review: "Marrying a Playboy Billionaire" by H M Irwing

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”