Baby, what's your age?

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Phikim
Favorite Book: Skills of the Warramunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phikim.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Re: Baby, what's your age?

Post by Phikim »

Age issue in relationships will depend on different parties. Personally, I prefer a lady who is younger than myself. Traditionally, that's how it is. However, we also must appreciate that a man can be compelled to marry/date a lady older than him because of a number of factors.

Personally, I dated a lady who was almost two and half years older than myself unwittingly. But when we realized this, we sat down and talked things out and we decided to unbound ourselves because it wouldn't do us favour to continue the way we were. It wasn't easy to part ways because we had much love for one another but we had to. Therefore, from personal point of view, I would prefer to a woman younger than myself. I later got married to a very beautiful lady who's almost 5 years younger than myself.
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger
Kenisha Hyde
Currently Reading: The forgotten kingdom
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenisha-hyde.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Kenisha Hyde »

I think age is a factor. Esp in the teen years. Dating someone older or younger has its pros and cons. But maturity is the bigger factor. Someone may be young but experience things beyond their years or old and immature. I don't look at age, i look at substance.
Atabon Della
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atabon-della.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Atabon Della »

Age is a very hige factor in these kinds of relationships. It plays a role that almost no one can control.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
starboysule
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by starboysule »

age difference matters in love relationships especially those more than 3 years. that means date someone within your age bracket
ifeoma obike
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifeoma-obike.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by ifeoma obike »

I will only consider age if the person is a minor. Aside that age is just a number, your level of maturity is your age for me.
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Donald A Axon
Currently Reading: Green Lady
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-a-axon.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Legacy - Book Five of the Magi Charter" by Jordan David

Post by Donald A Axon »

In general I personally don't think age matters, it's how you feel. Their relationship was illegal from the point of view of the law for the country they were in, but I think I'm right in saying it wouldn't be in all countries. So what is right?

They claim an acceptable age gap is half your age plus 7. So for me the youngest I could date is supposed to be 33. Well my girlfriend is 32 so I failed, but in two years it'll be fine. I think this is a silly idea but then must of the socially accepted rules are.

Lost track of what I was trying to say. OK. So as long as no-one gets hurt I don't think age should ever be an issue.
Latest Review: "The Elf Legacy - Book Five of the Magi Charter" by Jordan David
hebcandle
Currently Reading: The Crane
Bookshelf Size: 1222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hebcandle.html
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
Reading Device: B00AGAS6XW

Post by hebcandle »

I did not get involved with people much younger or older than myself when I was single. My spouse is 3 months older than I am. I don't think a different of a few years makes a big difference when it's between adults, although a decade or more could cause some issues.
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
RegularGuy3
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regularguy3.html
Latest Review: Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger

Post by RegularGuy3 »

I dated a 19-year-old when I was 25, and then a few years later married someone almost seven years older than me. So I can't say age has ever been a real factor in my consideration.
Oliver Ekaso
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oliver-ekaso.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Oliver Ekaso »

The age gap shouldn't be too wide so you don't have a generation gap issue. Maturity also counts a lot. I like to look at age in terms of chronological age and mental age.
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
cherryalakei
Currently Reading: anita blake burnt offerings
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherryalakei.html
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin

Post by cherryalakei »

What didn't make sense to me was how he didn't know she was 13. He was in his late 20's and I know teens nowadays don't always look their age, but I feel someone Elias's age surely would have noticed that she was definitely younger than him, especially if he was paying to spend time with her regardless of his reasons.

That being said, I think age gaps do matter to an extent. Love knows no age, but maturity does. I know several people who are in relationships with significant others who are 7-10 years apart and sometimes there is situations and things that don't translate from one to other because of their age.
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin
Sally_Heart
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sally-heart.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sally_Heart »

Age gap can only affect if you are too young. For example in the teenage period. It's hard to date a 15 year old when you are 18 but when you are 30 and you date a 27 year old it dsnt really matter. So age gap is directly proportional to age period :)

-- 09 Oct 2017, 01:02 --

On the same topic I wonder if a guy habours feelings for an underage girl till she becomes mature if it's ok. For example if a guy is 18 and the girl is 10 so he waits for her till she is 18 before making a move.
ktom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktom.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by ktom »

Do I think it would have been possible for their love to flourish if he knew her age from the start? HECK NO lol. That's just too young in my opinion. For myself, age does not matter to me, the quality of the person does. For example, I am 48 years old and a dear friend of mine is 62 or 63 years old this year, maybe 64 haha, and I am mesmerized by his brain. He has a genius level IQ and I can listen to him speak for hours on end. When I lived in New York, we would walk the streets from brunch until dinner time and still have ample conversation to spare. I was not single at the time, but I am now and I would gladly date a man of his age if we were compatible. Now dating a man 15 years younger than me...that's a different story haha. I don't know that we would have much in common, so my initial response would be no, but again, if we were emotionally compatible, I would be open to it. Thanks for the post!
"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea." - Henry James
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Post by Ria710 »

I don’t think Elias would have fell in love with her if he knew her age from the start.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”