Do you like reading books about places you've never been?

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
anacmg9211
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anacmg9211.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Re: Do you like reading books about places you've never been

Post by anacmg9211 »

I love it! Most of my favorite books take place in different countries and cultures. I find it so refreshing to learn about other places and the people that live there. I particularly enjoy books revolving around India, Iran and the middle East in general.

Has it ever happened to any of you that the way the author describes a typical dish makes you crave it terribly? Even if you had never even heard of it before and obviously have no idea what it tastes like? The books that make me do that are usually very good books :)
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Orang-U-Can
Currently Reading: Encephlatron
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Orang-U-Can »

I love to read books about other worlds I've never visited.
I also like to read books about other dimensions.
Glad jo wiene ynteressant genôch om dit te oersetten!
Nick Rones
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nick-rones.html
Latest Review: "Border Post 99" by Kedar Patankar

Post by Nick Rones »

micoleon13 wrote:I love reading about new places! It makes me both want to visit, in some situations, or be very glad that I'm not there in others. I grew up reading so much about Africa with Born Free, Marrakech and Spain with The Drifters, and the English countryside with the Famous Five. Books can help transport you to other countries and cities as well as open your eyes to new cultures.
I completely agree. The imagination can be seen as a way of traveling. I just hope the places are just as amazing when I finally get to see them compared to my imagination.
Latest Review: "Border Post 99" by Kedar Patankar
Olivia Grace
Currently Reading: Happiness is All We Want!
Bookshelf Size: 310

Post by Olivia Grace »

Most definitely, since I can rarely go myself it's almost like I still get a bit of the experience by reading about other places.
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy »

I've never read such a book but would love to read one.
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer

Nix-the-ever-knowing
Bookshelf Size: 341
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nix-the-ever-knowing.html
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing

Post by Nix-the-ever-knowing »

When I read about a detailed description of a country, city or even a room, I often get transported to that place in my imagination. So yes I would say I love it, to be able to experience places I have never been to.
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

Reading about new places is exciting as visiting it in personal. There's this moment that I went to visit a place and it felt like I've been there since I've read them once in a book. The feeling is overwhelming. Books take you anywhere around the globe.
Cloe101
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cloe101.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Cloe101 »

One of the pleasures of reading is mentally visiting the places and scenes in the book, experiencing all that you wouldn't otherwise
What you want is 15 Christmases on December 25th, 15 birthdays, 15 years of sleeping next to him and waking up with him
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Arthur Muthee
Currently Reading: One Last Lie
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arthur-muthee.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Arthur Muthee »

Yes, I do like reading books about places I've never been. I have always been fascinated by the town of Timbuktu in Mali. Reading books about the town has really prepared me for the journey that I seek to undertake soon.
Mtsweni Nelsy
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsweni-nelsy.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Mtsweni Nelsy »

Oh yes I do, because that gives me an idea of the background of that place, which might come in handy when later on, I have to visit the place. :D
catherine 254
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by catherine 254 »

yes i love reading about place i have never been .Because it reveal to me information about different place,the setting and also the flow of stories from different authors..
jmaletin
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by jmaletin »

People say that if you haven‘t traveled it‘s like you only read one page of the book, and why do they say that, may some think? It’s because a book can carry you anywhere and show you places you could have never imagined existed! Honestly, I think, that books are and should be the best travel guides to everyone. In me for example it always sparks that child part of me that was always curious and comfortable in the unknown.
greenwood
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by greenwood »

Yes, I love reading books about places I have never been to. It makes me wanting to visit such place.
Jeinzy Danica Nunez
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jeinzy Danica Nunez »

Yes. It somehow made me think of whats really in there and when am I going to go there.
Brandi Noelle
Currently Reading: The Invention of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandi-noelle.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Brandi Noelle »

I love reading books about places that I've never been, especially if the author includes a lot of detail about the culture, scenery, and places of interest. I have found through books I've read that I have been inspired to visit places I would not have otherwise thought to. My Bucket List is filled with places I've only read about and I'm determined to drag my husband along to each and every one!

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”