Did this book encourage you to listen to Adele's music?

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Frankibaalano
Bookshelf Size: 3

Re: Did this book encourage you to listen to Adele's music?

Post by Frankibaalano »

I like Adele's music very much because most of her songs are easy to relate to. It was the major motivator for me to get the book to read. One thing i did that made reading the book more interesting for me was that i have a collection of her songs so anytime any of her lyrics was inserted i went to play the particular track so that i could follow the words to relate it more with the chapter it was used. For me the authors did a great job with the boo and i thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
Doaa Wael
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doaa-wael.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Doaa Wael »

I have been a fan of Adele ever since she emerged. The book made me realize her lyrics don't just apply to romantic love between a man and a woman, it could carry so many meanings. I am not going to love Adele more because of the book but i think her lyrics were well placed.
Imagination Trumps Reality.
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Scrawling Pen
Currently Reading: Snape
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scrawling-pen.html
Latest Review: The Queen of Xana by Fred Pilcher

Post by Scrawling Pen »

I have always liked Adele's music, but I haven't listened to much of it recently. After reading the book, it reminded me that she has some pretty great songs, so I am looking forward to adding some of them to my playlist.
ktom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktom.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by ktom »

I have never heard Adele's music, or if I have, I didn't know it was her because I kind of live off the grid and am not exposed to much media. But, the fact that she has such a following and writes beautiful lyrics, I am inclined to seek out some of her songs. It would be nice to feel the energy that helped the characters get through their lives.
"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea." - Henry James
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

I had not heard the songs before, I am not a music fan, but maybe at some time search one or two of the songs.
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

I want to read the book now. I love Adele, her voice is so soulful and her songs ring true. I have cried a tear or two with her songs. I like to heard how artists have inspired or helped other people through problems. Music can be a great tool for healing. It would be amazing to see Adele live.
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

Yes it did. I have her album 25 and it had been a while since I listened, so when I read the book I decided to listen to the songs while I was reading.
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
Nena_Morena
Favorite Book: The Notebook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nena-morena.html
Latest Review: Getting Used to Success by H.J. Shalev

Post by Nena_Morena »

Yes. I'm not a fan, but I really liked the book and after every chapter, I went to check the song out. I loved the way every song's words describe perfectly the feeling of the protagonist. I still don't consider myself her fan, but I really appreciate her songs more.
Abu Dhabi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Abu Dhabi »

I have listened to some of Adele's songs,but after going through the book,I noticed,a difference in the way i viewed her music.The truth is,I haven't been paying much attention.If I was,I'll know that her songs,where not just a melody, but a remedy to the aching hearts.
atonykamau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atonykamau.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by atonykamau »

I generally like Adele's music but in this case, I didn't see any similarities between the music and the book.
Sketches_by_Shell
Favorite Book: Sketches by Boz
Currently Reading: The Druids
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sketches-by-shell.html
Latest Review: Something About Ann by J. Everett Prewitt
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Sketches_by_Shell »

It is weird to see that some readers would skip over reading the lyrics at the end of each chapter, as they were there specifically to tie into what happened in the chapter. I'm not a huge fan of Adele's music but I do like to listen to it. I didn't know all of the songs, but I did see the correlation of them to each chapter. The book with the lyrics included made we want to listen to her music. I have yet to acquire any songs, but intend to do so, I may purchase the whole CD!
Uche Balogun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-balogun.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Uche Balogun »

Manali_DC wrote: 02 Jul 2017, 08:04 I have been an Adele fan even before reading the book. I love her songs!! This is why reading the book was even more interesting- and I even found a few new songs that I liked!!
Same here! I've loved Adele for years now.
grahase71
Currently Reading: My trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grahase71.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by grahase71 »

I really can't say it encouraged me to listen to Adele's songs, but it did draw me out of mere curiosity to listen to a couple of her songs. And this was only because I was never an Adele fan, so I had never heard any of her songs and wanted to get a feel for her singing voice. A couple I liked, but not all that I listened to. I think the ones the authors used to relate to the story fit quite well.
SEG
Bukari
Currently Reading: Everything Solid Has a Shadow
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukari.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Bukari »

In fact, I did enjoy the story a lot. I know that Adele is a good singer even though, I have not heard of her or her music until I read the book. But, I would like to encounter her sweet songs one day.
"Ever Tried. Ever Failed. No Matter. Try Again. Fail Again. Fail Better." - Samuel Beckett.
10mile72
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-10mile72.html
Latest Review: Marriage 101 by Rodney D Sewell

Post by 10mile72 »

Nope. I loved the book, but I didn't love Adele before I read it, and I don't have any desire to explore her music. I don't think the Adele angle was that important.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”