Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Re: Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus

Post by Gravy »

TheSeelieCourtJester wrote:I think it's crap. Personally, I've seen a lot of men have a feminine touch to many conflicts. Not only that, but there are a lot of women who are more aggressive than their male counterparts. Whenever someone tries to stereotype me based on what they've heard from that cliche, I'd be confused, then just go about my business. Aside from a few biological differences, personally, there isn't much separating a man and a woman.
Exactly! :text-goodpost:

If anything, it should be some people are from Mars, and others are from venus.
I've been around both kinds. :lol:
As well as those from Saturn and Uranus.

Myself? I'm from Pluto. 8)
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Gravy wrote:
TheSeelieCourtJester wrote:I think it's crap. Personally, I've seen a lot of men have a feminine touch to many conflicts. Not only that, but there are a lot of women who are more aggressive than their male counterparts. Whenever someone tries to stereotype me based on what they've heard from that cliche, I'd be confused, then just go about my business. Aside from a few biological differences, personally, there isn't much separating a man and a woman.
Exactly! :text-goodpost:

If anything, it should be some people are from Mars, and others are from venus.
I've been around both kinds. :lol:
As well as those from Saturn and Uranus.

Myself? I'm from Pluto. 8)
I agree as well! Well said!

Pluto is cool! :)
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
John Cand
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-cand.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by John Cand »

SilviaP21 wrote:I think sometimes it feels like we are from different planets but with a little bit of love and understanding, the distance gets smaller and smaller.
I agree with this. Love is a cord that binds us.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Aimy
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aimy.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Aimy »

I think they really are from two different planets. :) They have different thought patterns, priorities and ways of handling things. I think women think with their heart; men with brain (most of the time, perhaps). ;)
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
IsabelMay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3761
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isabelmay.html
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller

Post by IsabelMay »

Maybe we are from different planets but it's necessary. If men and women thought and behaved in the same way, then it wouldn't make any sense. I believe that we complement each other, which is seen every day. For example, most men present physical strength while women have psychical strength. Men usually make a choice faster, but women are more cautious. It's interesting to see the differences, even though they don't apply to everyone.
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

IsabelMay wrote:Maybe we are from different planets but it's necessary. If men and women thought and behaved in the same way, then it wouldn't make any sense. I believe that we complement each other, which is seen every day. For example, most men present physical strength while women have psychical strength. Men usually make a choice faster, but women are more cautious. It's interesting to see the differences, even though they don't apply to everyone.
I agree that we complement each other, but disagree that men necessarily make a choice faster. I know a few men who take their time deciding.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

IsabelMay wrote:Maybe we are from different planets but it's necessary. If men and women thought and behaved in the same way, then it wouldn't make any sense. I believe that we complement each other, which is seen every day. For example, most men present physical strength while women have psychical strength. Men usually make a choice faster, but women are more cautious. It's interesting to see the differences, even though they don't apply to everyone.
I love your comment. There are differences between women and men but these difference will serve as checking and balancing tool for both parties. A relationship would be boring without those differences.
Aldonsa
Currently Reading: God Is Not A Noun: Evolutionaries Illuminati Cosmic Bible Ginan
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aldonsa.html
Latest Review: "The Fifth Crusade" by Mark Butler

Post by Aldonsa »

The phrase "Men are from Mars, women are from Venus" drew my attention as well. Many people truly believe that men and women are "from different planets".
I agree, that there are a lot of differences between men and women. But there is a lot of common too. Both men and women use to blame on each other in problems. I think, this fact doesn't depend on gender differences. It's about problems in relationship, about misunderstanding, selfishness and reluctance of taking responsibility. The same is in nontraditional relations. So gender is not the cause of problems. :snooty:
Latest Review: "The Fifth Crusade" by Mark Butler
Ssinghal
Bookshelf Size: 1113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ssinghal.html
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna

Post by Ssinghal »

I believe everyone is unique and everyone connects in different ways to different people. If you have trouble finding the spark with someone, it probably means that you have not yet found the person you have been made for. I believe both men and women belong to the same planet, but only those made for each other can truly understand and appreciate each other fully.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one...
-George RR Martin
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna
Donnavila Marie01

Aimy wrote:I think they really are from two different planets. :) They have different thought patterns, priorities and ways of handling things. I think women think with their heart; men with brain (most of the time, perhaps). ;)
I agree that they have different thought patterns and priorities but I doubt if it is always the case that women think with their heart and men with their brain. There are times when men decide with their heart also and there are times when women decide with their brain.
radioactivelyradiant
Currently Reading: Popular Crime
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radioactivelyradiant.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by radioactivelyradiant »

I don't think that men and women are some sort of drastically different species. It isn't as if they're from other planets. See people as individuals, not as genders.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Lest92
Currently Reading: Oil and Marble
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lest92.html
Latest Review: The Everywhere Spirit by Nicholas Applin

Post by Lest92 »

I think there are slight differences in the way men and women communicate, but apart from that, we have so much more in common than not.
Chepkemoi95
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chepkemoi95.html
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Chepkemoi95 »

I think men and women are kind of different. While women are perceived as the weaker sex and men the stronger sex; they need each other's differences in personality to make the world a complete place
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

The belief that gender is not binary, but that it's a spectrum, is becoming much more common.
I don't think I've ever known a person that actually fit into the binary.

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Donnavila Marie01

Jaime Lync wrote:I am an advocate for the individual - one is more than just their gender. I often fall to stereotypes but in my most rational moments I believe that everyone is unique.
I agree that everyone is unique even if we wind some commonalities along the way. Individual uniqueness is not an issue if and only if we are open enough to accept our differences.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”