What is the most memorable place you've ever been?

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Re: What is the most memorable place you've ever been?

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

There are some places which are memorable to me not because they are interesting but because I had a good experience with the people from that place. Like the welcoming people of the city of Chennai. It is one of the places where you feel welcomed.
Insomniac07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insomniac07.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Insomniac07 »

Donnavila Marie01 wrote:There are some places which are memorable to me not because they are interesting but because I had a good experience with the people from that place. Like the welcoming people of the city of Chennai. It is one of the places where you feel welcomed.
True, it's always the people who make a place memorable. I'm so glad to know you felt welcomed in my city.

For me, Goa was the most memorable place I've been. I was there for a wedding and ended up becoming friends with a bunch of amazing people.
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

Ndalila Peter wrote:Alakara Ole Muru,in Teso South, Busia County in Kenya. Its an orphanage which has enabled the less privileged in the society to be in a position to attain basic needs like: food, shelter, clothing and education so as to compete favourable with others. I enjoyed sharing with such young determined generation. I wish I could have an opportunity to spend with them more of my time

-- 07 Jul 2017, 17:43 --

Alakara Ole Muru,in Teso South, Busia County in Kenya. Its an orphanage which has enabled the less privileged in the society to be in a position to attain basic needs like: food, shelter, clothing and education so as to compete favourable with others. I enjoyed sharing with such young determined generation. I wish I could have an opportunity to spend with them more of my time
I also love to visit places not only because they are memorable but because I know that I can bring something that would ease their pains and hurts or uplift the souls in a place like survivors from a calamity or from a war.
Ayokunle
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ayokunle »

In Ondo State Nigeria, there's a place called Okeigbo. This place is the very scenery described in Wole Soyinka's "In the Forest of Olodumare", a translation of D.O Fagunwa's magical realist work: "Igbo Olodumare". Visiting that location was a dream come true for me. I penetrated the heart of the forest and climbed this summits of the rocks.
Pm7lucas
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pm7lucas.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Pm7lucas »

The most memorable place I've ever been is London, England. I am a life-long lover of all things English, and I was in heaven when I got to visit London for a week - I hardly slept the entire time I was there, I just wanted to see and do as much as possible!

Paula :D
"I think therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
riazziea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riazziea.html
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom (The Brimstone Chronicles Book 1)" by Victor Rose
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by riazziea »

Mine would be. Tie between Australia and New Zealand. I was able to horseback ride in the "mountains" in New Zealand. What a great and beautiful view. I was also able to zip line through the rain Forrest and skydive by a huge lake. It was an experience I will never forget!
But 6 months in Australia gave me more time to appreciate the little things than a week in New Zealand did. But both were gorgeous places.
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom (The Brimstone Chronicles Book 1)" by Victor Rose
Ljessup
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ljessup.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Ljessup »

The most memorable place I have ever been is Germany. This was the first place I visited out of the U.S. I went with my husband and it was absolutely breathtaking. It was a memorable place to go because of how peaceful it was. We went in the winter time and still there were people all around hiking and walking out and about. We got to see so many castles and also went to London to watch "The Lion King" play. It was an amazing trip and I cannot wait to go back and experience where my husband grew up again!
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 684
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I would say the most memorable place I've been to was St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican, especially with Pope John Paul 2 (now a saint) leading the ceremony. I was able to appreciate my faith even more, amidst thousands of the faithful.
Nitram_tin
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nitram_tin »

Have you been to Hell's gate in Kenya.oh my God. You'd die to never leave the place. It's fun and amazing. It's incredibly warm and you can also camp with the animals around you
Richard Mudd
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-richard-mudd.html
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas

Post by Richard Mudd »

Freetown, Sierra Leone has a mix of memories for me, some good and some not. I was there often soon after the civil war had ended, although its effects on the people were still very much in evidence. The city had a dilapidated grandeur, reflections of its history, in its official buildings but with a squalid backdrop and a remaining undercurrent of violence, seemingly always present and threatening. Even so, the people I met were stoic, resilient and getting on as best they could. I truly admired them and could only compare their lot with the cushioned life most Europeans enjoy, including myself, and we still complain. I hope one day to go back and see how things have changed, if at all. Freetown is the most memorable place I have visited, not because it is beautiful or had fantastic hotels, restaurants, beaches or places of particular interest but because of the stark reality its past and recent history have stamped upon the city and its inhabitants.
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas
Kyle789
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyle789.html
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Kyle789 »

Cape mountain hands down.
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
stalliongirlke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stalliongirlke.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by stalliongirlke »

the giraffe ark lodge in central Kenya
sinzia
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ideaway</a>
Currently Reading: The Last Soldier
Bookshelf Size: 33

Post by sinzia »

Mine is in Thompson falls in Nyahururu, Kenya. It was soo beutifull place to see
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

My mind lol :lol: but seriously, it had to be Botswana where I spent a good chunk of my childhood. I have so many memories there including child friends.
k2rugman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k2rugman.html
Latest Review: Rituals of Season by Giovanna Ess

Post by k2rugman »

I just went to Europe for the first time last month. The whole experience was amazing but I think the most memorable place was Estonia. We didn't have a plan when we got there so we just rented bikes and rode around Tallin. It was one of those magical days where you see and do all the right things! It was a perfect way to see such a historic location.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”