View on relationships

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Julie_mwende
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: View on relationships

Post by Julie_mwende »

I truly support Nadia.. You can still be happy somewhere else.
srm628
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srm628.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Guide For The Avid Indoorsman by John Driver

Post by srm628 »

This is a hard situation to compare. If abuse comes into play, a parent should always remove their child from that situation. However, an unfilling relationship is different. It can sometimes be worth staying for the sake of the children, assuming that the children don't have a miserable time (such as the parents always fighting or never talking).
ADAMS ATOKPLE
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ADAMS ATOKPLE »

i think ,it is right for Nadia to quit this relationship with her husband immediately.With the reason that ,her life can not continue to be threaten with emotional pains and happy moments.
micarida
Currently Reading: The Vampire Gaytooth
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micarida.html
Latest Review: "Marrying a Playboy Billionaire" by H M Irwing

Post by micarida »

From a lot I have seen, I don't think it does the kids any favor by staying in an abusive relationship. They sense things and that unhappiness builds up in them causing them more harm than good. I won't stay in an abusive relationship because I cannot pass that message to my kids that it's alright to endure abuse.
Latest Review: "Marrying a Playboy Billionaire" by H M Irwing
Jeyran Main
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyran-main.html
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards

Post by Jeyran Main »

It is difficult to say as there is always more than what meets the eye. I believe one's happiness comes first and then we should think of others. That is because if we aren't happy, we won't be certainly making others happy either.
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards
Ana Njeri
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-njeri.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Ana Njeri »

I agree with Nadia. If you are not happy in a relationship walk away. It's unfair to be with someone for the sake of someone or something. For example like yaser who is only in a relationship for the sake of the children. Moreover, that's how cheating in a relationship comes about. Because of lack of happiness and comfortability with your partner.
A ship is safe in the harbor but that's not what ships are for. So be the person outside the box, get out of your comfort zone, that's the person you want to be.
KatieSavage
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katiesavage.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by KatieSavage »

Honestly, living in a household with parents that are unhappy with one another is worse than living with parents that are split up. If the parents are constantly arguing and fussing at each other, then the kids will be very unhappy. No one likes living in a toxic house! On the other hand, I believe marriage is sacred and you should never just give up on it! At least try to work things out, but if there is a situation of abuse or adultery then it is different. No one should have to go through what Nadia went through and no one should have to deal with an unfaithful lover. I honestly think it is a case by case thing. If the only thing that happens is you get bored of the person or you stop loving them then I don't think it is okay to give up on the marriage then. If there is abuse or adultery then I would leave as soon as possible. It really all depends on the situation. Some people just don't belong together and others are just to cruel to be with someone. I would never want to be with someone that abused me or cheated on me.
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Cyril Stephano Lissu
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cyril-stephano-lissu.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Cyril Stephano Lissu »

I support Yaser for his decision to remain in unfulfilled marriage. But I disagree with him in one point that, he remained in unfulfilling marriage for the sake his children. I expected him to argue that, he remain in his relationship for the sake of meager love which exist in order to improve it. On the other hand, I am totally against Nadia who run away from abusive relationship. Frankly speaking, there is no perfect marriage in this would, if it exists then between them, one must be mentally retarded.
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann
MontyQ
Currently Reading: Kushiel's Dart
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-montyq.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B01AZ7LT20

Post by MontyQ »

I'd have to stand by Nadia's side; if a relationship doesnt work for you, be it thats its unfulfilling or detrimental to your health you need to leave it if it cant change.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
kevobuda
Currently Reading: We Live in Water
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by kevobuda »

I think relationships are all about having an understanding that is mutual. When that is achieved then many conflicts can be curbed. A relationship can seem akward to others but only you know your secret to making it work. Personalities however play an integral part in determining this.
Mosubi
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mosubi.html
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas

Post by Mosubi »

Both. In life we ought to make certain sacrifices.However, say no to abuse and violence.
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas
kevobuda
Currently Reading: We Live in Water
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by kevobuda »

An abusive relationship is like cancer that spreads out of control. It not only affects the children's moral and social upbringing but it also ensures the victim couple cannot engage in a meaningful future relationship.
Ameey2
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Ameey2 »

Relationship is all about love and understanding
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

Relationship is a two way process. Both parties must understand each other. When the other goes high temper, the other must neutralize it.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

I stand with Nadia. Although, I am a product of a broken home and suffered psychologically as a result of being labelled so as a child, but nothing can justify choosing to stay in an abusive relationship, not even kids. There are many incidents of individuals who lost their lives under various circumstances because they decided to stay on because of their kids. Now, the implication is that those individuals lost the opportunities to nurture/relate with their kids which would have been possible if they had left those abusive relationships and stayed alive.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”