View on relationships

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
IshiM
Currently Reading: My Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reading Device: B01HAOZ1YS

Re: View on relationships

Post by IshiM »

AliceofX wrote:I think their situations are too different to compare because abuse is not the same as neglect. That said I'd probably say Yaser's side. My parents split up when I was about 10 or 11, and there are just no words to explain the pain that comes from a broken home.

I agree with you, growing up in a broken home myself. It was very difficult being raised by a single parent and I really appreciate my mother for raising 3 kids on her own. We may not know the reason for their separation, this is not something that I would want for my children or anyone else's.
judith kkerubo
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by judith kkerubo »

In this question, it's obvious that various answers are expected depending on how each individual views relationship and marriage.
I side with none but I agree with them in one thing, they have sacrificed their freedom and happiness for the sake of their children.
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

I would never stay in an abusive relationship, especially with my kids. I would want to keep them safe as well. Abusers are known to escalate. What if they started hurting your kids? Why risk it.
dhwanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhwanis.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dhwanis »

I think that if one is in an abusive relationship and has child/ren, one should leave asap. Think of what you are teaching the child/ren about relationships!
barb429
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barb429.html
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by barb429 »

I agree that Nadia should not have stayed in the abusive relationship. It is not healthy for anybody (with or without kids).
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
charlesjr2
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlesjr2.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by charlesjr2 »

I'm in the view of Nadia because, what's the point of living a life without peace and happiness. It's okay to love your kids, but don't stop your life because of it.
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Miche Sora
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Silence Fallen</a>
Currently Reading: Volatile Bonds
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miche-sora.html
Latest Review: "The Devil's Dragon" by Jason F Boggs

Post by Miche Sora »

I think it hurts kids more to stay in an abusive relationship for sure, but the unfulfilling relationship is more of a case-by-case basis. There is still some hope for things to improve if both parties are willing.
She reads books
as one would breathe air,
to fill up and live.

--Annie Dillard
Latest Review: "The Devil's Dragon" by Jason F Boggs
Tamanna
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamanna.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Tamanna »

I think that the situations are too different to compare. I agree with Nadie's choice of leaving an abusive relationship and I believe that it's best to leave a marriage where you're not happy and don't know how to make it work because although a separation is extremely painful for the children I think that having two happy parents is far better than having two unhappy parents. As that shapes the kind of environment the children grow up in, one filled with fake smiles and fights behind closed doors.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Excitedreads
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 667">Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows</a>
Currently Reading: Rich Woman
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excitedreads.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Reading Device: B00J8DL78O

Post by Excitedreads »

masterhawk88 wrote:Both actually. I'd never stand for abuse, but on the other hand, for my kids I think I'd try to make an unfulfilling relationship work.
I entirely agree. Children need both parents. But once there's an understanding of the state of the relationship between the neglected couple so that both can work on it and neither lives in fairytale land thinking all is ok.
Between the pages of a book is a lovely place to be...
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Marylynn
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marylynn.html
Latest Review: "McDowell" by William H. Coles

Post by Marylynn »

i think that for the sake of the children, one should not stay in an abusive relationship.
Latest Review: "McDowell" by William H. Coles
usman shakoor
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by usman shakoor »

Well I read this status . And my remarks are that Both have their own mentality and its also true that every parent can do any thi g or bear anything for the sake of their children . :hand:
Roosevelt

Post by Roosevelt »

I am in total support to Nadia's view...an abusive relationship and cause a whole lots of traumas. Is better to sit the kids down given them tangible reasons why the relationship wouldn't work for mum and dad.
Sometimes going separate ways is quite better than striving and sacrificing ones happiness all in the name of raising a better family
Ssinghal
Bookshelf Size: 1113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ssinghal.html
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna

Post by Ssinghal »

It all depends on the point of view actually. Some may say that Nadia is right, and other may support Yasser. It all comes down to this. You shouldn't stay in a relationship wherein you lose your won self-respect and dignity. that's all that matters...
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one...
-George RR Martin
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna
david19922

Post by david19922 »

single life is the best !
Tahir Shakir
Currently Reading: Can I Be Frank?

Post by Tahir Shakir »

If we look at this from society's point of view, it is a hush hush topic. Often left to be resolved by the couple themselves and not to intrude. But if a relationship has even a small percentage of abuse in it, to me it has failed terribly. Abuse brings mental stress as well as physical on the person on both sides. It is nearly impossible to forget and it is bound to happen again. Better to just break it while its still early.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”