The ending

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Chepkemoi95
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chepkemoi95.html
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: The ending

Post by Chepkemoi95 »

I was rather disappointed with the ending I didn't like that Elias didn't find the Malika he had been looking for, for almost a decade. The scenes were rushed. I wanted a happily ever after kind of ending.
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Jeconiaomolo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 65">Heaven and Earth</a>
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeconiaomolo.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeconiaomolo »

Amagine wrote:The ending was rushed and I didn't like how their story lines didn't cross. Also, only one of them resolved the conflict in their plot. There was no satisfactory ending for the other two.
I agree with you.
I think the storyline of this novel didn't end as I expected, it's confusing and unsatisfactory. If the author had intention of writing part II of this novel then it's okay, otherwise I didn't like it.
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for"-
Socrates
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Jeconiaomolo wrote:
Amagine wrote:The ending was rushed and I didn't like how their story lines didn't cross. Also, only one of them resolved the conflict in their plot. There was no satisfactory ending for the other two.
I agree with you.
I think the storyline of this novel didn't end as I expected, it's confusing and unsatisfactory. If the author had intention of writing part II of this novel then it's okay, otherwise I didn't like it.
Indeed. I don't think the author is planning a sequel, though.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Elikem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elikem.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Elikem »

I like the fact that not all the characters ended up actually going for the concert. I think it would have been too much on the unrealistic side if they had all met at the concert. I have many questions though. Will Yaser find his faith? Will Mariam be content with living an infidel? Will Elias end up with Veronica? How will Nadia finally be free from her ex-husband? I am okay with not having answers in the story to these questions. It gives the story continued suspense although it seems to have ended and possibly the opportunity for a sequel.
Pm7lucas
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pm7lucas.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Pm7lucas »

It didn't matter to me that the characters didn't overlap anywhere or meet up at the concert. I did think the wrap-up seemed a bit rushed, but not terrible. I liked the fact that not everyone had a neat happy ending...most of the time real life doesn't!

Paula :D
"I think therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

It seems I'm the only one who finds the ending just fine. We can all continue the stories in our minds and show each character which road to take, or which song to sing.
Ubyamos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ubyamos.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Ubyamos »

I like how the book ended, it looked more realistic. For me, It would have been odd if Elias story ended in a happily ever after given their age difference and I had expected Yaseer and Mariam to make it to the concert and then live happily ever after, but I still like the way it ended.
Julez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julez.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Julez »

I think the ending was realistic. We can't always have the ''happy ever afters'' that we seek.
shish_by_design
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 66">Strong Heart</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shish-by-design.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by shish_by_design »

I thought it was rushed too. I also hated that not all ended happily like I'd expected.
LadyClaire
Currently Reading: Keys to Tetouan
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladyclaire.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by LadyClaire »

I'm yet to finish 'My Trip to Adele' and I really hope that the ending is quite eventful. I just got in here to get some sneak peaks and a feel of it. I'm not in the least disappointed.
To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.
-Bertrand Russel
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
EDDY OKOTH
Currently Reading: My trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by EDDY OKOTH »

there is alot of clarification which had to be made how the book ends am not pleasead
aialyaseer
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by aialyaseer »

Elikem wrote:I like the fact that not all the characters ended up actually going for the concert. I think it would have been too much on the unrealistic side if they had all met at the concert. I have many questions though. Will Yaser find his faith? Will Mariam be content with living an infidel? Will Elias end up with Veronica? How will Nadia finally be free from her ex-husband? I am okay with not having answers in the story to these questions. It gives the story continued suspense although it seems to have ended and possibly the opportunity for a sequel.
I'm the author, and to answer your questions, sometimes in our life, we continue living without really knowing where we are heading... they are surviving, they are living, they are moving on... just like 90% of human beings.
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

Julez wrote:I think the ending was realistic. We can't always have the ''happy ever afters'' that we seek.
I agree with the above and I think the author mentioned it before too. It may have been a little rushed but it wasn't a predictable ending, and it was realistic in the sense that we don't all get happy ever after.
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

I like when there isn't always a happy ending to a story, and I think this one was well-written to give it plenty of real life justification.
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookiegalke.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by bookiegalke »

I think the only character whose story line climaxed was Elias. As for Nadia and Yaser, I felt theirs was a bit rushed.
'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”