The ending

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

The ending

Post by gali »

What did you think about the ending? I thought it was rather rushed, and found it odd that the story lines didn't cross. I like it that not all story lines ended in a happily ever after, though.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
WestIndie001
Favorite Author: James M. Gabagat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-westindie001.html
Latest Review: "Everything I Know about Business and Marketing, I Learned from THE TOXIC AVENGER" by Jeffrey W. Sass
fav_author_id: 125024

Post by WestIndie001 »

I think the ending was fair. Rushed? To me, not really. I didn't feel any of the three main characters had a satisfying ending, but that's OK. I felt they each had real endings, not a happily ever after kind. Overall, I didn't feel disappointed by the outcomes.
Latest Review: "Everything I Know about Business and Marketing, I Learned from THE TOXIC AVENGER" by Jeffrey W. Sass
micoleon13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micoleon13.html
Latest Review: Sandusky Burning by Bryan W. Conway

Post by micoleon13 »

I was also expecting the characters to overlap and to meet up at the concert. It did also feel a little disappointing that there wasn't a happy ending for them all, but, as said above, it does make the story, and the characters, much more realistic.
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

The ending was rushed and I didn't like how their story lines didn't cross. Also, only one of them resolved the conflict in their plot. There was no satisfactory ending for the other two.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Gnome
Currently Reading: Fly: Goose Girl Retold (Romance a Medieval Fairytale, #3)
Bookshelf Size: 297
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnome.html
Latest Review: Misreading Judas by Robert Wahler
Reading Device: B00OSKREVG

Post by Gnome »

I felt like the endings fit the theme of Adele's music. Her most popular songs have bittersweet themes that I felt were represented by leaving some strings hanging. There was a bit of rushing but I don't feel it ruined the ending. It helped me feel like the characters were on the road to their happy endings without forcing everything into a pretty package.
gali

Post by gali »

Amagine wrote:The ending was rushed and I didn't like how their story lines didn't cross. Also, only one of them resolved the conflict in their plot. There was no satisfactory ending for the other two.
I agree with you.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

Gnome wrote:I felt like the endings fit the theme of Adele's music. Her most popular songs have bittersweet themes that I felt were represented by leaving some strings hanging. There was a bit of rushing but I don't feel it ruined the ending. It helped me feel like the characters were on the road to their happy endings without forcing everything into a pretty package.
I agree because the story is inspired by the songs of Adele. Adele's themes in her songs are bitter-sweet realities of relationships or of life.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

To me, it didn't matter that their paths didn't cross and I didn't expect them to. However I do agree that the ending felt a little rushed.
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

I would have liked a more conclusive ending and for their paths to meet even if it was not at the concert or any big deal at all. They just all being in a crowd experiencing the same setting would have been cool by me.
gali

Post by gali »

Jaime Lync wrote:I would have liked a more conclusive ending and for their paths to meet even if it was not at the concert or any big deal at all. They just all being in a crowd experiencing the same setting would have been cool by me.
I agree. It would work if they just were at the concert.
A retired Admin/Mod

Ssinghal
Bookshelf Size: 1113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ssinghal.html
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna

Post by Ssinghal »

I did feel that the ending was quite rushed and unfair to the characters. Their whole lives and the whole book revolved around an Adele concert, and two out of the three protagonists did not even visit the concert. Elias did visit the concert but was disappointed. I would have preferred a little bit of a happily ever after kind of ending.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one...
-George RR Martin
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna
gali

Post by gali »

Ssinghal wrote:I did feel that the ending was quite rushed and unfair to the characters. Their whole lives and the whole book revolved around an Adele concert, and two out of the three protagonists did not even visit the concert. Elias did visit the concert but was disappointed. I would have preferred a little bit of a happily ever after kind of ending.
A good point about some of them missing the concert. I wasn't bothered about the lack of "happily ever after" and actually found it kind of refreshing.
A retired Admin/Mod

Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: A taste of Cuba by Birgitte Røddik

Post by Yoli García »

I did think the ending was rushed and its structure was different from the rest of the chapters. That's the reason I rated the book 3 stars instead of 4 stars. Yes, it might have been interesting if the characters met at some point. I found it strange that only one character went to the concert. After all, the three stories were linked to the Adele's concert in Verona.
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez
gali

Post by gali »

Yolimari wrote:I did think the ending was rushed and its structure was different from the rest of the chapters. That's the reason I rated the book 3 stars instead of 4 stars. Yes, it might have been interesting if the characters met at some point. I found it strange that only one character went to the concert. After all, the three stories were linked to the Adele's concert in Verona.
Indeed it was odd that only one character went to the concert as the whole book was around it.
A retired Admin/Mod

Snowflake
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowflake.html
Latest Review: Don't Think Twice by Barbara Schoichet

Post by Snowflake »

I also found the ending a bit rushed and had to re-read it a couple of times just to get a better sense of what was intended. I was ok that the characters didn't meet but I, too, found it odd that only one character made it to the concert.
peace starts with a smile...

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”