The ending

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Re: The ending

Post by gali »

Snowflake wrote:I also found the ending a bit rushed and had to re-read it a couple of times just to get a better sense of what was intended. I was ok that the characters didn't meet but I, too, found it odd that only one character made it to the concert.
Indeed. As the three stories were linked to the concert, they should have attended it at least.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

WestIndie001 wrote:I think the ending was fair. Rushed? To me, not really. I didn't feel any of the three main characters had a satisfying ending, but that's OK. I felt they each had real endings, not a happily ever after kind. Overall, I didn't feel disappointed by the outcomes.
I agree. The ending of the story was not what I expected but this gives the readers the unending thought syndrome.
MorganReadsBooks
Currently Reading: The 100 Best Poems of All Time
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morganreadsbooks.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer

Post by MorganReadsBooks »

I agree that it felt rushed and it was a strange decision to have 2 out of the 3 not even make it to the concert when that was the whole purpose of the story. I liked how Elias story ended. I felt so weird about him pining for this young girl and the fact that she had moved on and the theme of not holding onto things was great to me. The other two storylines didn't feel resolved to me at all.
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
gali

Post by gali »

MorganReadsBooks wrote:I agree that it felt rushed and it was a strange decision to have 2 out of the 3 not even make it to the concert when that was the whole purpose of the story. I liked how Elias story ended. I felt so weird about him pining for this young girl and the fact that she had moved on and the theme of not holding onto things was great to me. The other two storylines didn't feel resolved to me at all.
I agree. I also liked how Elias story ended and thought it fit. I would have liked to know more about Malika and her new life.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Mahsa Martin
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1956">Book Blueprint</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahsa-martin.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Mahsa Martin »

I liked Nadia's ending, found Elias' understandable but didn't expect Yaser to end the story like that! :shock: :shock: The only thing this couple had in common was the fundamental issue on beliefs!
gali

Post by gali »

VioletMask wrote:I liked Nadia's ending, found Elias' understandable but didn't expect Yaser to end the story like that! :shock: :shock: The only thing this couple had in common was the fundamental issue on beliefs!
I agree Yaser shouldn't have stayed with his wife.
A retired Admin/Mod

Donnavila Marie01

If I were to make an ending for the story, I would still end it the way the authors ended the story. I want it to be hanging so that the readers will keep thinking about the story.
gali

Post by gali »

Donnavila Marie01 wrote:If I were to make an ending for the story, I would still end it the way the authors ended the story. I want it to be hanging so that the readers will keep thinking about the story.
You have a point. It did keep us thinking about it.
A retired Admin/Mod

Donnavila Marie01

With the forum on a sequel for this story, I am trying to imagine several perfect endings for each of the characters.
gali

Post by gali »

Donnavila Marie01 wrote:With the forum on a sequel for this story, I am trying to imagine several perfect endings for each of the characters.
I can imagine several such scenarios.
A retired Admin/Mod

PRAXIDES
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 98862">The 11.05 Murders</a>
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praxides.html
Latest Review: "Missing Pieces" by Christine Betts

Post by PRAXIDES »

Ssinghal wrote:I did feel that the ending was quite rushed and unfair to the characters. Their whole lives and the whole book revolved around an Adele concert, and two out of the three protagonists did not even visit the concert. Elias did visit the concert but was disappointed. I would have preferred a little bit of a happily ever after kind of ending.
That's true I expected Elias and Maalika to end up together after meeting but the opposite was the case.
Latest Review: "Missing Pieces" by Christine Betts
gali

Post by gali »

PRAXIDES wrote:
Ssinghal wrote:I did feel that the ending was quite rushed and unfair to the characters. Their whole lives and the whole book revolved around an Adele concert, and two out of the three protagonists did not even visit the concert. Elias did visit the concert but was disappointed. I would have preferred a little bit of a happily ever after kind of ending.
That's true I expected Elias and Maalika to end up together after meeting but the opposite was the case.
I expected them as well, but they didn't really know each other.
A retired Admin/Mod

Donnavila Marie01

PRAXIDES wrote:
You made me smile about your comment on, "unfair to the characters". I never thought of this before but now, I am pondering on it.
gali

Post by gali »

Donnavila Marie01 wrote:
PRAXIDES wrote:
You made me smile about your comment on, "unfair to the characters". I never thought of this before but now, I am pondering on it.
Indeed! It was also unfair to the readers, in a way.
A retired Admin/Mod

Donnavila Marie01

micoleon13 wrote:I was also expecting the characters to overlap and to meet up at the concert. It did also feel a little disappointing that there wasn't a happy ending for them all, but, as said above, it does make the story, and the characters, much more realistic.
Well, at first, I was expecting that the three main characters will cross their way but I am still satisfied with the ending. It gave me the thought that somewhere in this wide world, we journey with people because of our similar experience in life.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”