The ending

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Christina O Phillips
Currently Reading: Oz
Bookshelf Size: 1326
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-o-phillips.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: The ending

Post by Christina O Phillips »

I did not care for the ending. It was a letdown for me after being invested in the stories for the entire book. Everything just felt very rushed. I don't care if the characters have a happy ending or not (I prefer stories without happy endings), I just was not satisfied with the way the ending was done.
Scrawling Pen
Currently Reading: Snape
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scrawling-pen.html
Latest Review: The Queen of Xana by Fred Pilcher

Post by Scrawling Pen »

I agree that it felt rushed. Honestly, it was pretty anti-climatic after such a dramatic and developed background. I was also happy that not everything was tied up in a happily ever after. Life doesn't end that way, so that choice was better.
ktom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktom.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by ktom »

I found it odd that the storylines didn't cross at the end either, I could have sworn by the title that this would be the case. I wasn't thrilled that the stories didn't end happier because they all had so much drama in their lives. I was hoping it would all be worth it in the end and the concert would be the beginning of a new chapter of happiness for them. I was a little disappointed that this wasn't the case. :?
"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea." - Henry James
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Post by Ria710 »

I kept thinking the whole way through that they were going to all meet each other at the concert, but I was disappointed that they didn't. Regardless, I don't think the ending was rushed.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”