Which character was your favorite?

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Re: Which character was your favorite?

Post by gali »

VioletMask wrote:My favorite character was Elias. Regardless of his not so realistic story, he has his morals, sticks to them and keeps his promise. Nadia's strong character was attractive but she shouldn't have reported the ex when he had so much control over her plans. Not to mention that I really didn't like how she first decided to get on the plane without Waleed. :(
I also found it odd that she first decided to get on the plane without Waleed when the whole trip was for him, and her whole life was around her son. Luckily, she changed her mind about it.

-- July 8th, 2017, 4:06 pm --
Chepkemoi95 wrote:Nadia was tough I liked that personality in her and not allowing herself or her son to settle for any less but I loved Taser more he was a wife's pleaser despite his wife's skeptical behavior towards him
He also sort of cheated on her...
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Ssinghal
Bookshelf Size: 1113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ssinghal.html
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna

Post by Ssinghal »

I liked Yasser best. In spite of his marriage falling apart and him suffering under a dominating wife, he dd not apply for a divorce since he did not want the kids to suffer.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one...
-George RR Martin
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna
gali

Post by gali »

Ssinghal wrote:I liked Yasser best. In spite of his marriage falling apart and him suffering under a dominating wife, he dd not apply for a divorce since he did not want the kids to suffer.
Indeed, he tried harder than his wife to save their marriage.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

VioletMask wrote:My favorite character was Elias. Regardless of his not so realistic story, he has his morals, sticks to them and keeps his promise. Nadia's strong character was attractive but she shouldn't have reported the ex when he had so much control over her plans. Not to mention that I really didn't like how she first decided to get on the plane without Waleed. :(
Well, I also consider Elias as an interesting character. Not all men are lovers of music from lady singers but he is the opposite of these men who do not give value to lady singers.
Mahsa Martin
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1956">Book Blueprint</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahsa-martin.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Mahsa Martin »

Donnavila Marie01 wrote:
Well, I also consider Elias as an interesting character. Not all men are lovers of music from lady singers but he is the opposite of these men who do not give value to lady singers.
Yeah, true :)

-- 08 Jul 2017, 11:45 --
gali wrote:
I also found it odd that she first decided to get on the plane without Waleed when the whole trip was for him, and her whole life was around her son. Luckily, she changed her mind about it.

That made me so happy :D
Ayosinmi
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayosinmi.html
Latest Review: "A Nation Divided" by Anthony R. Flagg

Post by Ayosinmi »

Mine was Nadia. All the way.
She fought for her right both at the home front and at work.
She encourages me to continue fighting for what is mine.
Lord, protect me from my friends; I can take care of my enemies.
Voltaire, 1694-1778
Latest Review: "A Nation Divided" by Anthony R. Flagg
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

Elias evoked alot of childhood emotions on me, growing up in a popular tourist spot in East Africa. I believe his actions were quite noble with Malika, few clients if any, would do what he did even after knowing her age.
gali

Post by gali »

juliusotinyo wrote:Elias evoked alot of childhood emotions on me, growing up in a popular tourist spot in East Africa. I believe his actions were quite noble with Malika, few clients if any, would do what he did even after knowing her age.
I agree his actions were noble with Malika and he got Brownie points from me for that.
A retired Admin/Mod

Donnavila Marie01

juliusotinyo wrote:Elias evoked alot of childhood emotions on me, growing up in a popular tourist spot in East Africa. I believe his actions were quite noble with Malika, few clients if any, would do what he did even after knowing her age.
Really? I did not know this. This case of Malika is a shocking revelation. There are many Malikas out there waiting for someone to give them a glimpse of hope.
gali

Post by gali »

Donnavila Marie01 wrote:
Really? I did not know this. This case of Malika is a shocking revelation. There are many Malikas out there waiting for someone to give them a glimpse of hope.
Not many would also bother to ask the age, I think.
A retired Admin/Mod

Donnavila Marie01

Ayosinmi wrote:Mine was Nadia. All the way.
Yeah. Knowing that there are people fighting despite the odds gives us the courage and strength to continue our battle.
gali

Post by gali »

Donnavila Marie01 wrote:
Ayosinmi wrote:Mine was Nadia. All the way.
Yeah. Knowing that there are people fighting despite the odds gives us the courage and strength to continue our battle.
Indeed, she gives hope to others in her position.
A retired Admin/Mod

Ayisha M Ashruf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayisha-m-ashruf.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Ayisha M Ashruf »

Nadia was my favorite too. She had courage to stand up against society and her abusive ex-husband. Moreover, she is a devoted mother.
gali

Post by gali »

Ayisha M Ashruf wrote:Nadia was my favorite too. She had courage to stand up against society and her abusive ex-husband. Moreover, she is a devoted mother.
Indeed she had, and in a patriarchal society no less!
A retired Admin/Mod

Donnavila Marie01

AliceofX wrote:At first, I liked Yaser the best, but he soon became annoying with his endless complaining. After that Nadia became my favorite. Her story had real tension and drama to it.
Yaser and Nadia have things in common though. :D :D They are both annoying at times but I consider them as beautiful people.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”