Overall Rating and Opinion of My Trip to Adele

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Snrains13
Currently Reading: Animal Farm / 1984
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snrains13.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Re: Overall Rating and Opinion of My Trip to Adele

Post by Snrains13 »

Personally, I didn't care for this book. I didn't connect to it, and I didn't necessarily care for the idea overall. I love Adele's lyrics, so much so that I pre-ordered her vinyl when the last album came out, but I don't typically care for books when pop culture plays such a large role in it.
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

Actually, I did enjoy reading the book, the three stories were really imaginative, seeking a lost prohibited love, a coldness married couple and a strong woman living in a men's rules society. Somehow I could feel what the authors wanted to show. I found typos, misplaced punctuations, and words that were misused. I rated the book 3 of 4 stars.
strawberrysab
Currently Reading: The Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strawberrysab.html
Latest Review: Maddy's Wings by Jan porter

Post by strawberrysab »

I loved this book and rated it 4 out of 4 stars. There must have been a lot of work behind picking the titles and portions of lyrics to actually match the chapter tone, to begin with. And I have a predilection for books with multiple storylines. I have to say though that I waited until the end to see if and how the different stories were going to intertwine. Damn.
Berry :wine:
Amondi Oluoch
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amondi-oluoch.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Amondi Oluoch »

I strongly liked the book a lot. I have to admit that I had expected much at first, but I brought myself to terms with the co-authors. As much as I'm not an Adele fun, and never have I attended her concerts, the co-authors brought vivid the significance of her songs to the lives of the three families.
Though they were thin on their theming, I gave it a 4 out of 4 stars. It was superb to me.
When it comes to directing the world to work with you, age doesn't matter, race doesn't matter, origin doesn't matter.
Amondi Oluoch
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amondi-oluoch.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Amondi Oluoch »

Snrains13 wrote: 14 Feb 2018, 20:01 Personally, I didn't care for this book. I didn't connect to it, and I didn't necessarily care for the idea overall. I love Adele's lyrics, so much so that I pre-ordered her vinyl when the last album came out, but I don't typically care for books when pop culture plays such a large role in it.
You should have given it a try. I'm sure you would have loved it, given you are a lover of Adele
When it comes to directing the world to work with you, age doesn't matter, race doesn't matter, origin doesn't matter.
tlemire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 396
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tlemire.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by tlemire »

anacmg9211 wrote: 26 Sep 2017, 23:51 I gave it a 4/4 review, I found myself rooting for the characters a lot. Having said that, I found the ending somewhat disappointing. Not because it was bad, but merely because it didn't end how I expected/wanted it to end, but it was still enjoyable and well written, which is why I gave it 4/4. I wanted Elias and Malika to have a future, but I understood why that didn't/couldn't happen. With Nadia, part of me already knew her ex-husband would be a jerk and not let her travel with Waleed but I was still disappointed when it happened. As for Yaser, that was a plot twist for me, I fully expected them to give up and get a divorce after what happened at the airport but when in the end he did return home and they still wanted to try I was mind blown. I really enjoyed this book.
I just finished this book and did not read any reviews until after I had written my own. After reading some of them, I am surprised that many reviewers didn't enjoy it more than they did. Like you, I wanted Elias and Malika to have a future together, but understood why it didn't work out that way. I also felt as you did re: Yaser and Miriam. I didn't expect them to make it, and was surprised but happy with the way it turned out for them. I too enjoyed the book and storylines of the characters. With the translation from Arabic to English I found some of the wording didn't flow well and there were some missing words, so I rated it 3 out of 4.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
biscuits
Favorite Book: Life is an open secret
Currently Reading: How to win and influence people
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-biscuits.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by biscuits »

I gave the book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. The book quite got me teary after reading it although I didn't really like how the Elias and Malika story end. It was quite a cool read.
BookishCoffeeBlog
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcoffeeblog.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by BookishCoffeeBlog »

Thank you for this insightful review! I have been struggling to decide whether or not I would enjoy reading this review. I find the premise pretty interesting but I think that I would struggle with the writing style because this often has a huge impact on how much I enjoy a book.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 219
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

The book was good. I am not a very big fan of Adele but the use of her music in the book was very good. The authors are big fans of Adele and I like that they decided to write a book around their love of her music. I have never read anything like this before and it was certainty different from the books that I normally read. I was able to read this book in a day and I would recommend it to anyone who likes a short story.
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

I rated it 3 out of 4 stars because it stole my heart. How the book was focussing on issues that are present in our daily lives was just amazing.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
asere_maryanne
Currently Reading: Source
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asere-maryanne.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by asere_maryanne »

I also rated the book a 4 out of 4. The book actually makes me see how women suffer and men are exalted, Something I know that happens for sure. I loved Nadia's story the most.
Nickisha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Nickisha »

I rated it 3 out of 4 stars
"My Trip to Adele by A.I. Alyaseer and R.I. Alyaseer is a novel in the fictional genre which develops around the lives of three people in three different cities, all destined to intersect. Published in September of 2016, My Trip to Adele is the first novel written by the Alyaseer duo and can come across very confusing until you get used to all the different characters and locations.
The whole plot is centred on Adele’s concert in Verona which has a personal message and meaning for each of the three; Elias, who has failed to erase a compelling love story, discovers an unexpected relief in coming clean with his feelings and facing his fears. Yaser, a married surgeon, who was torn between obedience and rebellion, surprisingly finds the answer in a moment of loss. Nadia, a single parent, who has fought for her rights, and comes to learn that sometimes the furious warrior is the loser and the peaceful one is the absolute winner.
An intelligent book, do not miss this read!
Kishor Rao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kishor-rao.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Kishor Rao »

I rated the book 4 out of 4 and i found it insanely touching and a delightful read. The intention of the author was not to provide one direction to the readers. As you said that they contradicted their messages entirely, according to me, their true intention was to signify the faith of people in something which helped them crawl forward with their lives even though they have such diverse lifestyles.
NhkeiraT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nhkeirat.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by NhkeiraT »

Not sure what to think. But each chapter ending with Adele's lyrics is something new that hasn't been incorporated in books - not that I know of.
r_bhavika
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Favorite Book: Slammed
Currently Reading: The Sun is Also a Star
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-bhavika.html
Latest Review: Geraldine by Edmund M Aristone
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by r_bhavika »

I like the concept of the book. The way chapters are designed and written according to Adele's lyrics is interesting. My favorite character was Nadia. I loved her journey, but not the end. She deserved better. I rate it 3 out of 4 stars.
"The world was hers for the reading.” – Betty Smith :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”