Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway
by Alex Fayman. Superhighway
is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.
View Superhighway on Bookshelves
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 29 May 2016, 22:17
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 28
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srm628.html
- Latest Review: "The Ultimate Guide to Zombies" by Dave Robertson
A hero who does things for the sake of good, such as a policeman or firefighter. A superhero is a person who has super abilities and still works for the sake of good.
Latest Review: "The Ultimate Guide to Zombies" by Dave Robertson
- Posts: 777
- Joined: 11 Jul 2017, 06:41
- 2017 Reading Goal: 50
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 44
- Bookshelf Size: 110
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
- Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
- Reading Device: B00UB76290
A superhero to me is someone ordinary that chooses to rise up against some personal or an out-there status quo for a selfless reason or someone that chooses to be better against all odds for the just that
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
- Posts: 370
- Joined: 01 Sep 2017, 15:45
- 2018 Reading Goal: 75
- 2017 Reading Goal: 20
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 56
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 85
- Currently Reading: Heart of Iron
- Bookshelf Size: 76
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlingonya.html
- Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi
I think a superhero is someone who goes above and beyond over and over again. They know the dangers because they have already been through them but they continue to do the work. A hero is someone who does the work a couple times but eventually says enough is enough.
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 06 Dec 2017, 03:07
- 2018 Reading Goal: 120
- 2017 Reading Goal: 5
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 0
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 120
- Currently Reading: Ronaldo: Rudi's Birthday Extravaganza
- Bookshelf Size: 81
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-92.html
- Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
A super hero s defined by their unique ability to overcome self over the entire good for humanity and mother nature. A super hero is humble and never calls himself one, his/her actions speak.
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
- Posts: 295
- Joined: 15 Feb 2018, 11:11
- 2018 Reading Goal: 100
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 40
- Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
- Currently Reading: Split Adam
- Bookshelf Size: 162
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
- Latest Review: Devilish by Tricia Barr
- Reading Device: 1400697484
A hero can be you or me. A hero is someone who lends out a helping hand even in the smallest way possible.
No idea is a bad idea.
Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 16 Jan 2018, 17:12
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 39
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael.html
- Latest Review: This Nearly Was Mine: A Novel by Nancy Farkas
Someone who provides free service to his community and doing this makes him completely happy without expecting something in return.
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 03 Mar 2018, 08:44
- Currently Reading: The Blood of Winter
- Bookshelf Size: 24
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desireerose.html
- Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
I think that a superhero is someone who risks his own life or quality of life for the benefit of others. However, I do think that superheroes can have flaws, because who doesn't? Being a superhero isn't about being perfect.
- Posts: 258
- Joined: 15 Apr 2017, 12:02
- Currently Reading: Island Games
- Bookshelf Size: 34
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briennaij.html
- Latest Review: A Thread in Time by Jess Thomas
Yeah, I don't think that Alex is a superhero. He does help people, but he hurts people as well. Also, when I think of superheroes I think of fighting and Alex doesn't really have any fighting skills. I think Alex would have superpowers, but that does not mean that he is a hero.
- Posts: 254
- Joined: 19 Mar 2018, 08:56
- 2018 Reading Goal: 25
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 140
- Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
- Bookshelf Size: 1268
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desantismt-17.html
- Latest Review: Retribution Required by C.R. Daems
I don't consider Alex a superhero, or even a hero, really. For me, he makes too many poor choices to be a classic "hero." I'm sure Superman and Batman aren't golden boys all the time, but they seem to be in an entirely different category than Alex. In terms of what makes one a hero, I'm not suggesting wearing one's underwear over the pants or putting on a mask does it. Heroes are the people who do little things to help another person. Superheroes, then, could be heroes on a larger scale, whether or not they have superpowers. A hero could be a parent, or a significant other, or even some random person on the street who keeps your kid from running out into traffic. You don't have to save the world, just a little part of it.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.