Love interest of Alex Fine

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
User avatar
Donnavila Marie01
Posts: 930
Joined: 19 Dec 2016, 02:39
2017 Reading Goal: 50
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 42
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Love interest of Alex Fine

Post by Donnavila Marie01 » 06 Jun 2017, 03:18

What can you say about the love interest of alex Fine? If given the chance, what personality would you choose to fit in the personality of Alex Fine? You may choose either the first question or the second to answer.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

User avatar
hsimone
Lilimaster of Bookshelves
Posts: 5433
Joined: 17 Jul 2015, 20:19
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 87
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 96
Currently Reading: Lair of Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 446
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hsimone.html
Latest Review: The Secret Key of Pythagorum by Michele Angello
Publishing Contest Votes: 27

Post by hsimone » 06 Jun 2017, 05:42

Are you referring to Eva? She seems super sweet and understanding. I can see myself being friends with her.

Alex is a guy who doesn't know what he wants in a relationship since he jumps from one girl to the next. Then, he proceeds to mess up the one relationship that could have been something more. So, I would say he is indecisive and immature.
"Love is patient, love is kind." -1 Corinthians 13:4

User avatar
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Posts: 6138
Joined: 31 Dec 2016, 20:31
2018 Reading Goal: 115
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 85
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 94
Currently Reading: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Bookshelf Size: 226
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: 90 Days to Live by Rodney & Paige Stamps

Post by kandscreeley » 06 Jun 2017, 07:27

hsimone wrote:Are you referring to Eva? She seems super sweet and understanding. I can see myself being friends with her.

Alex is a guy who doesn't know what he wants in a relationship since he jumps from one girl to the next. Then, he proceeds to mess up the one relationship that could have been something more. So, I would say he is indecisive and immature.
I hate to say this, but I think I agree with hsimone on just about everything she's posted so far. I don't know that Alex can have a real sincere relationship until he grows up a little.
“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
― Ernest Hemingway

User avatar
hsimone
Lilimaster of Bookshelves
Posts: 5433
Joined: 17 Jul 2015, 20:19
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 87
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 96
Currently Reading: Lair of Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 446
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hsimone.html
Latest Review: The Secret Key of Pythagorum by Michele Angello
Publishing Contest Votes: 27

Post by hsimone » 06 Jun 2017, 09:49

kandscreeley wrote:
hsimone wrote:Are you referring to Eva? She seems super sweet and understanding. I can see myself being friends with her.

Alex is a guy who doesn't know what he wants in a relationship since he jumps from one girl to the next. Then, he proceeds to mess up the one relationship that could have been something more. So, I would say he is indecisive and immature.
I hate to say this, but I think I agree with hsimone on just about everything she's posted so far. I don't know that Alex can have a real sincere relationship until he grows up a little.
No worries. It's nice to not be the only "Debbie-downer" toward this book and Alex :lol:

He definitely needs to grow up more in order to understand what he wants. I'm sure the fact that the only stable relationship he had growing up was Ms. Jenkins, the woman who took care of the orphanage, doesn't help with his indecisiveness. She was like a mother to him, but she had other children to worry about, as well.
"Love is patient, love is kind." -1 Corinthians 13:4

User avatar
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Posts: 6138
Joined: 31 Dec 2016, 20:31
2018 Reading Goal: 115
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 85
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 94
Currently Reading: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Bookshelf Size: 226
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: 90 Days to Live by Rodney & Paige Stamps

Post by kandscreeley » 06 Jun 2017, 10:00

It's definitely no fun to be the only debbie-downer, so I'll join you. :) And I agree with you about his relationship with Ms. Jenkins. I'm sure that influences how he views and deals with women as an adult. That is a huge deficit to overcome.
“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
― Ernest Hemingway

User avatar
hsimone
Lilimaster of Bookshelves
Posts: 5433
Joined: 17 Jul 2015, 20:19
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 87
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 96
Currently Reading: Lair of Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 446
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hsimone.html
Latest Review: The Secret Key of Pythagorum by Michele Angello
Publishing Contest Votes: 27

Post by hsimone » 06 Jun 2017, 10:06

:text-woo: another debbie-downer :lol:

I agree that his only stable relationship with Ms. Jenkins most likely affects how he views and deals with women, which sometimes is challenging to overcome for even those who have lived with their biological mothers.
"Love is patient, love is kind." -1 Corinthians 13:4

User avatar
Amagine
Posts: 5441
Joined: 04 Mar 2017, 19:27
2017 Reading Goal: 400
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 45
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 726
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine » 06 Jun 2017, 12:38

I don't think he should have a love interest until he gets his life figured out. Right now, it is dangerous to be associated with him. If you read the book, you should know about what happen to someone simply because they were around him. I personally think he has other things he need to be concerned over rather than love.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald

User avatar
hsimone
Lilimaster of Bookshelves
Posts: 5433
Joined: 17 Jul 2015, 20:19
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 87
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 96
Currently Reading: Lair of Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 446
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hsimone.html
Latest Review: The Secret Key of Pythagorum by Michele Angello
Publishing Contest Votes: 27

Post by hsimone » 06 Jun 2017, 17:53

Amagine wrote:I don't think he should have a love interest until he gets his life figured out. Right now, it is dangerous to be associated with him. If you read the book, you should know about what happen to someone simply because they were around him. I personally think he has other things he need to be concerned over rather than love.
I know!! I wasn't sure how to say about what happened to that person without giving too much away, but you're right - it is dangerous to be around him, so he definitely shouldn't have a love interest right now.
"Love is patient, love is kind." -1 Corinthians 13:4

User avatar
Jaime Lync
Posts: 1204
Joined: 15 Mar 2017, 19:33
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2017 Reading Goal: 12
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 105
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 500
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: The Pygmy Dragon by Marc Secchia

Post by Jaime Lync » 06 Jun 2017, 17:56

hsimone wrote:
Amagine wrote:I don't think he should have a love interest until he gets his life figured out. Right now, it is dangerous to be associated with him. If you read the book, you should know about what happen to someone simply because they were around him. I personally think he has other things he need to be concerned over rather than love.
I know!! I wasn't sure how to say about what happened to that person without giving too much away, but you're right - it is dangerous to be around him, so he definitely shouldn't have a love interest right now.
These two ladies have said everything I wanted to say. I can say no more...

User avatar
Donnavila Marie01
Posts: 930
Joined: 19 Dec 2016, 02:39
2017 Reading Goal: 50
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 42
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 » 07 Jun 2017, 16:35

I believe his failure in relationships has something to do with his boyhood experience. Apart from Ms. Jenkins, he never experienced the love of a mother. He does not really know the dividing line between the love of a mother and the love of someone from the opposite sex who will share with his joys and pains.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

User avatar
CatInTheHat
Bookshelves Moderator
Posts: 2084
Joined: 31 May 2016, 11:53
2018 Reading Goal: 52
2017 Reading Goal: 52
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 90
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 98
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading: Rogue Captain
Bookshelf Size: 468
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catinthehat.html
Latest Review: Lunch Money by Roger M. Cullen
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by CatInTheHat » 10 Jun 2017, 18:16

kandscreeley wrote:
I hate to say this, but I think I agree with hsimone on just about everything she's posted so far. I don't know that Alex can have a real sincere relationship until he grows up a little.
I concur. He has a lot of growing up to do!
Life without a good book is something the CatInTheHat cannot imagine.


Grateful to get the opportunity to explore new books with those in the OBC.

User avatar
e-tasana-williams
Posts: 329
Joined: 13 May 2016, 18:50
2018 Reading Goal: 52
2017 Reading Goal: 120
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 16
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-tasana-williams.html
Latest Review: "Wrong Turn, Right Guy" by Haylie B. Fox
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by e-tasana-williams » 21 Jun 2017, 16:18

Alex is still an adolescent throughout the book, so it is no surprise he does not exhibit maturity in his romantic relationships yet...this aspect was true to life in my opinion.

As for a good match for Alex? I would say Eva would have been a good match for him in the long run. She would have helped to mature him, and maybe to ground him so he wouldn't take so many unnecessary risks.
Once you learn to read, you will be forever free ~ Frederick Douglas
Latest Review: "Wrong Turn, Right Guy" by Haylie B. Fox

User avatar
Donnavila Marie01
Posts: 930
Joined: 19 Dec 2016, 02:39
2017 Reading Goal: 50
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 42
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 » 22 Jun 2017, 22:15

e-tasana-williams wrote:Alex is still an adolescent throughout the book, so it is no surprise he does not exhibit maturity in his romantic relationships yet...this aspect was true to life in my opinion.

As for a good match for Alex? I would say Eva would have been a good match for him in the long run. She would have helped to mature him, and maybe to ground him so he wouldn't take so many unnecessary risks.
I agree. Love do great things to us. His love for Eva and Eva's love to him will make him mature. The risky actions he made when he was still searching and trying to understand himself will be gone after attaining his maturity.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

User avatar
Pm7lucas
Posts: 223
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 15:52
2017 Reading Goal: 70
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 21
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pm7lucas.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Pm7lucas » 23 Jul 2017, 19:10

I really don't think Alex is old enough or mature enough to have a love interest. He definitely doesn't know what he wants!

Paula :D
"I think therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

User avatar
lolashoes
Posts: 195
Joined: 10 Jul 2016, 01:49
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolashoes.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by lolashoes » 24 Jul 2017, 04:18

It's going to take some girl who can handle Alex. He needs someone who can straighten him up. He's just immature and doesn't really know what he wants in most aspects of his life, if not all.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post Reply

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”