Do you believe in destiny?

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
faith wachira
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Do you believe in destiny?

Post by faith wachira »

Yes,I do. I believe that God allotted a path for each of us to follow but it is upon us to chart that path which is what leads us to become what he predestined us to be. This we cannot change.
Jhao
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jhao »

I do. Everyone has this so called destiny or fate. It is God's way of showing His love upon us, he use this matter to prove that whatever hardship we may encounter, if something is destined to be yours it'll be yours. Coz what ever is happening today, living your life to the will of God a Great FUTURE is destined to be yours.
bernadette tela
Currently Reading: Rage and Mercy Part 1
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by bernadette tela »

Yes. i do believe in destiny. the way we live our life today will reflect on our future... what you are meant to be some day.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

I don't believe that there is any outside force determining my destiny. However, there are certain things that I'm drawn to and things that feel more rewarding than others. I do prefer to relax and see what life brings me, but it's quite random I'm sure. Humans love to see patterns and we find them if we can.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Ljessup
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ljessup.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Ljessup »

I believe that we make our own destiny! I think we all obtain something that could make the world better and leave the world better than we found it. I don't think that it just happens. I think we must make the choices to have our destiny become what it is supposed to be. We all have a purpose, but I think it's up to us individually to achieve our purpose in life by the choices we make and the actions we take.
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
Soumeg
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soumeg.html
Latest Review: "Veterans Day" by J. J. Jorgens

Post by Soumeg »

Yes i do. It is the only thing that helps me move in difficult situations and helps to forget various others.
Latest Review: "Veterans Day" by J. J. Jorgens
Jeconiaomolo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 65">Heaven and Earth</a>
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeconiaomolo.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeconiaomolo »

I strongly believe in destiny, since every person on Earth was created with complete uniqueness that must pay back to the society. So I believe if I can impact positively to the society, then I can call that a success and therefore a destiny.
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for"-
Socrates
ananya92
Favorite Author: Jeffrey Archer
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ananya92.html
Latest Review: A Passover in Peshawar by AM Sardar
fav_author_id: 4949

Post by ananya92 »

Yes, I believe in destiny up to an extent. I feel the choices given to us in life might be destined, but the path we choose to walk is ultimately out of our own volition. Though sometimes our choice might be affected by circumstances beyond our control, or predestined situations. Eventually, it becomes a tug-of-war between what we want to do and what we might feel compelled to do at a particular moment in life.
raizenagallo
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raizenagallo.html
Latest Review: "A Case of Black Rock Mineral Water" by Simon Marshland

Post by raizenagallo »

I do believe in destiny and in our ability to influence it. What you think, you become. The law of attraction is so strong that you can never really escape what the universe has destined for you to become, it's just up to you to discover what it is.
Latest Review: "A Case of Black Rock Mineral Water" by Simon Marshland
El-kanah
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-kanah.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by El-kanah »

Yes, I believe in destiny. Every man on earth has a specific purpose to fulfil in live. So also we do have some inevitable situations to undergo at some stages in live.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
michiness
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michiness.html
Latest Review: "An Unexpected Life" by Victoria Ortiz

Post by michiness »

I would like to. But I don't think I believe in some overlording, divine destiny, no.
Latest Review: "An Unexpected Life" by Victoria Ortiz
Pm7lucas
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pm7lucas.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Pm7lucas »

Personally, I believe we make our own destiny. We have free will, so I think we are in charge of what happens to us!

Paula :D
"I think therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

Yea I do! Like everything is meant to happen. I believe that there's no such thing as accidents.
Sophie11
Currently Reading: My Trip To Adele
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophie11.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Sophie11 »

I am not sure, though someone will have to explain destiny to me. I keep hearing this word used in different contexts, maybe we need to define what destiny is.
magicquill
Currently Reading: Elf Brief
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magicquill.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by magicquill »

Yes, in some instances but not all the time. Not everything is done as it is. I believe that you're the one who makes your own destiny. Nobody can dictate you on what to do. You have your own free will to choose how to live your life. You maybe influenced by others, but the decision is done by you alone. Destiny is a great thought but not all things happens by itself. You're the one who is still in control. You achieve things through your hardwork and believing in yourself.
Because if you've found meaning in your life, you don't want to go back. You want to go forward.

- Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”