Do you believe in destiny?

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
Puja Pandey
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Do you believe in destiny?

Post by Puja Pandey »

Yes, I believe in destiny because of our destiny we achieve our path. If we don't have destiny then there is no hope to live in this earth.
Mustajab Nazir

Post by Mustajab Nazir »

Yes I do...Because this is what takes us to the right path and happiness after many ups and downs....
raikyuu
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3079">The Republic</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raikyuu.html
Latest Review: Who killed Chatunga? by Muvhaki Tasu

Post by raikyuu »

If by destiny, you mean the path you should in order to get rich, I would say no. Although, I do subscribe to the cliché "You make your own destiny" but this doesn't mean that this "destiny" is only mine to pursue. I'm too interconnected to the world to pursue my own goals without looking at how this would affect others.

It is not only I, but all of us forge our destinies, and each of our destinies affects those who we live with in this world.

Post by 0728662179 »

If ican define destiny as ones descision,then i do.because what a person decides to have or to be is his destiny but only if you achieve it.and this can only be supported by the fact that what a man speaketh determines his destiny
charisma21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charisma21.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by charisma21 »

For whom God foreknew He also predestined. Our destiny is in God's hands, and because He gave us free will, the choice is ours to make. To choose the destiny He has in store for us or not.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
desareedany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desareedany.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by desareedany »

Yes. I believe God plans for certain people to enter our lives at certain times. When I began dating my now boyfriend of 2 years I wasn't sure he was a good idea. We are 10 years apart in age but he was the first guy I'd ever met who ever treated me with respect and wasn't just trying to play me with an ulterior motive. So I asked God and closed my eyes and randomly opened the Bible and pointed. When I opened my eyes it basically said this is who I've planned for you. So even still I wasn't sure so I asked, are you sure and did the same thing. I ended up pointing to a completely different part of the Bible and it basically read, do not worry what others will think. I wish I had written down the specific verses but I didn't. And that is the end of that story.
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
kittymamamau
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kittymamamau.html
Latest Review: Fences by Angela Khrsitin Brown

Post by kittymamamau »

I suppose I believe in destiny to an extent. I believe that the circumstances of our birth DO have a lot to do with how we fare later in life. Race, class, and other social structures play into our futures. I don't, however, believe that we are bound to our destiny. I think that every decision we make changes our destiny. We create our own destiny. It just may be harder for some than others.
Neverland

Post by Neverland »

At some point, I want to believe in destiny because I am a Type A person, and I want to prepare and anticipate things, still, there are times when I am shocked with untoward events. Hence, destiny sounds true to me.I believe that not everything in stone but there are some things that are bound to happen one way or the other. There is freedom to choose but the paths are not limitless.
almarat

Post by almarat »

Yes I do believe on destiny,becouse your destiny is not determined by your success in academic but with your hard work and creativity
NikkyT
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyt.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by NikkyT »

I believe we make our own path in life, we make all our decisions after all. I'm a big believer in everything happens for a reason, we can learn a lot from ourselves.
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
MNCEDISI
Currently Reading: My Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by MNCEDISI »

I do not really believe in destiny. What I can say is that everyone has the power to shape their Life. Therefore, its frankly a choice and whatever one chooses today shapes their tomorrow.
Dennis mosheni

Post by Dennis mosheni »

I believe that everyone is created uniquely and different and has a purpose to play in this beautiful world. You just have to discover yourself so that you may achieve your purpose failure of that you may perish with untapped talent that was to impact the world.
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

I do not believe in destiny. I believe that we create our own life through our thoughts
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
Ausername1
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-duncanj.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Ausername1 »

Yes, I believe in destiny, but I do not believe that we choose our own destiny. Our destiny is laid out for us by some higher power, and it's up to us to discover it.

"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why."
-Mark Twain
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Juliet Esther
Currently Reading: That place of knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-esther.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Juliet Esther »

I believe in coincidences not destiny and as for destiny,I think everyone has the power to make or break their won destiny's depending on the life they live
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”