What is your memorable childhood experience?

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Re: What is your memorable childhood experience?

Post by Naval Aulakh »

There are many childhood experiences that make me feel so good but, the one I cherish the most is when my father taught me cycling. This memory always makes me very emotional.
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
Aohanlon86
Favorite Author: Charlaine Harris
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amcdanel86.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
fav_author_id: 3791

Post by Aohanlon86 »

My memorable childhood experience would be playing outside with my siblings. I loved every minute we played together with out fighting
Andrea O'Hanlon
Twisted Creations Home & Bath
Author
evans musyoki
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by evans musyoki »

my memorable childhood experience was when; where it not of my friends i would have drowned while swimming in a river around my hood in kenya
Dockie
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Dockie »

my memorable child experience is when we would go to the forest to get some firewood and sometimes especially when it was foggy elephants would stop us from going to the forest that is in Abardare forest.
Jeconiaomolo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 65">Heaven and Earth</a>
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeconiaomolo.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeconiaomolo »

Very interesting. Thanks for this topic at least we can recall childhood memories. What I can recall is my dad taking me for a trip to the forest just to teach how various plants, animals and birds are named, it was a lot of fun and difficult to forget.
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for"-
Socrates
Harrygx3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harrygx3.html
Latest Review: Tulip by Raymond Reed Hardy

Post by Harrygx3 »

I remember playing football and hide and seek with the kids around the hood, then gathering at my house to play racing videogames and then at night eating pita gyros (its like kebab).
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Dockie wrote:my memorable child experience is when we would go to the forest to get some firewood and sometimes especially when it was foggy elephants would stop us from going to the forest that is in Abardare forest.
Wow! And here in my country we have to content ourselves with playing with dogs and cats. Wouldn't a pet elephant be awesome! But definitely expensive too, if it were even possible to pet one.
Yashasvi
Currently Reading: The Banned Book about Love
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yashasvi.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty

Post by Yashasvi »

My most memorable childhood experience would be my first air flight with my family. Everything about that trip is still fresh in my mind.
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Festus G
Currently Reading: Mark of the Remaker
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Festus G »

well, for me it was the moments I used to go out on a long drive with my dad. We always had lots of fun on those drives and we always kept it a secret from my mom as she really did not like us leaving my sister behind. It was the father and son moments that I will hold close to me forever.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Watching "Flash Gordon" at the ABC cinema, and chatting to a friendly boy in the queue. I'd seen "Watership Down" and "Fantasia Land" at the cinema prior to that but "Flash Gordon" made the most vivid impression. In the UK at any rate, cinema started to die off in the 1980s when people started getting VCRs and a lot of the cinemas in towns closed, and became bingo halls. I'm so glad that cinema went through a revival.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Diana Asante
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Diana Asante »

Haa.... i really like this topic; if one had a good childhood then obviously its a great feeling talking about it. My first day at school well, thus the first school i can remember to be my first day at school it was a story building i remember myself on and was crying for my big sister to come stay with me at the school.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1375
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: All That I Love by Hina Yu Cao

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

My memorable childhood experience is when my mother taught me how to pray. Until this time, I always use my childhood prayer which is "Lord Jesus, guide me, lead me, show me the way, light my path and give me light.
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Jem Tomarong wrote:My memorable childhood experience is when my mother taught me how to pray. Until this time, I always use my childhood prayer which is "Lord Jesus, guide me, lead me, show me the way, light my path and give me light.
Hi Jem. Thanks for your sharing. That memory is so sweet. And the prayer so childlike. Jesus did teach us to pray like little children. Hope you don't mind if I make your prayer mine too.
:D
Soumeg
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soumeg.html
Latest Review: "Veterans Day" by J. J. Jorgens

Post by Soumeg »

Being able to spend time with my parents, whether in parks or in temples were the most memorable experiences of childhood.
Latest Review: "Veterans Day" by J. J. Jorgens
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

I remember a lot of great experiences. Most of them are just simple memories of being in my old neighborhood, with my friends that I no longer hear from, and especially the good times at my old dance studio. I think about people and places a lot, but I'm kind of sentimental in that way.

One of my favorite memories though is learning how to read. I loved it from the very first moment and never stopped reading once I started; hence the reason I'm here.

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”