Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway
by Alex Fayman. Superhighway
is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.
View Superhighway on Bookshelves
- Posts: 215
- Joined: 20 May 2018, 19:44
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 159
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mac83.html
- Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald
I think just because someone has an ability it doesn't mean they have to use it. While I get Alex's desire to want to help others out, but as you stated, if everyone sees what they are doing as justified, it would bring chaos. People could end up hurt on so many different levels. And then there's the part of if someone has an ability and uses it for retribution. Trying to take out someone because they have done wrong could end up hurting a lot more than just the one person, many being innocent bystanders.
- Posts: 1009
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 16:21
- Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... bastian</a>
- Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
- Bookshelf Size: 88
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirit-wandering.html
- Latest Review: JOURNEY - Becoming the Dream Walker by T.N. Bui
True, especially since Alex's girlfriend, an innocent bystander, was killed. On the other hand, law enforcement often won't or can't do enough to address the type of organized crime groups that Alex took on. These groups inflict a lot of misery through drugs, sex trafficking, etc. No easy answers-thus my post title of the ethical dilemma.
Interested in books that help one's spirit move beyond the ordinary.