The ethical dilemmas in Superhighway

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
mac83
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mac83.html
Latest Review: Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello

Re: The ethical dilemmas in Superhighway

Post by mac83 » 18 Sep 2018, 09:34

I think just because someone has an ability it doesn't mean they have to use it. While I get Alex's desire to want to help others out, but as you stated, if everyone sees what they are doing as justified, it would bring chaos. People could end up hurt on so many different levels. And then there's the part of if someone has an ability and uses it for retribution. Trying to take out someone because they have done wrong could end up hurting a lot more than just the one person, many being innocent bystanders.
Mac :techie-reference:

Spirit Wandering
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... bastian</a>
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirit-wandering.html
Latest Review: JOURNEY - Becoming the Dream Walker by T.N. Bui

Post by Spirit Wandering » 19 Sep 2018, 19:05

True, especially since Alex's girlfriend, an innocent bystander, was killed. On the other hand, law enforcement often won't or can't do enough to address the type of organized crime groups that Alex took on. These groups inflict a lot of misery through drugs, sex trafficking, etc. No easy answers-thus my post title of the ethical dilemma.
Interested in books that help one's spirit move beyond the ordinary.

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”