What is Your Favorite Sci-fi or Fantasy Series?

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
kjoan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3033">The Lost Symbol</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kjoan.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: What is Your Favorite Sci-fi or Fantasy Series?

Post by kjoan »

My favourite sci-fi books would have to be The Lost Symbol and Inferno written by Dan Brown. I'm not sure they would be categorised as fantasy or sci-fi but they sure contain a lot of stuff that I'd never seen or heard. In The Lost Symbol, for example, the exact WEIGHT of a SOUL is actually MEASURED!!!
Jayrusha
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Jayrusha »

Emerald city. The woman rising to save a whole city.
Crisjhay
Currently Reading: Bitterblue
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Crisjhay »

I am one of those who is fascinated with Sci-fi or Fantasy Series, it actually allows me to imagine things, sceneries, events that do not exist. Even though they say that it was impossible but actually they have messages within those covers or story, it just depends on the readers discretion. Harry Potter is one though.....
KCCOJL
Favorite Author: James Lee
fav_author_id: 79853

Post by KCCOJL »

ok ok .... #ShamelessPromotionHere... I have to say my most favorite is - Digital Secrets Trilogy...
BUT in the real world it would be many already mentioned... STNG, Star Trek, ANYTHING Stargate!, Star Wars, Firefly series and the movie!, Isaac Asimov Foundation Series, the list goes on and on....

Fantasy.... Hobit - ALL OF IT!!!! Books movies even pictures! Anne McCaffrey Dragon Riders Series, Stephen R Donaldson - Thomas Covenant series - ALL OF IT!!!
Ana Njeri
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-njeri.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Ana Njeri »

My favorite is the magicians by Lev Grossman
A ship is safe in the harbor but that's not what ships are for. So be the person outside the box, get out of your comfort zone, that's the person you want to be.
fayetino
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fayetino.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by fayetino »

I am soo in love with Sarah J. Maas' Throne of Glass series. The world building is amazing and the characters are awesome. The main character stole my heart from the first page. For Science fiction I would pick The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. I finished this series a week ago and I am still reeling from it. Almost everything about it is great
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
EVroom
Currently Reading: Salad Bar Beef
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by EVroom »

Agh! This is my favourite fiction genre, so choosing just one is almost impossible.

Harry Potter will always have a special place n my heart, as I grew up with it.

Lord of the Rings is another, as finishing that was when my dad said I was finally reading Grown-up books (which as a 14 year old, is quite the compliment)

The Chronicles of Narnia are another favourite, as we read them together every night while eating ice cream.

The House of the Scorpion, is probably my last favourite. It is a stand alone book, but it was the book that opened my eyes and mind to the dystopian future genre.
Londera
Favorite Author: Lauren Oliver
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... elirium</a>
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 391
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-londera.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2442

Post by Londera »

Game of Thrones and Harry Potter are definitely some of my favourite Fantasy. The Throne of Glass Series and Graceling Trilogy are awesome. And A Wrinkle in Time is phenomenol. Im not much of a Sci-Fi person tbh
Tsheola Asavela
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tsheola-asavela.html
Latest Review: "Guardian of Deceit" by William H. Coles

Post by Tsheola Asavela »

The 'Dark Tower' series by Stephen King has to be the best although, it reaps inspiration from the Lord of the Rings it still surpasses it.
T. A.
'Art of the Pen.'
Latest Review: "Guardian of Deceit" by William H. Coles
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

It's gotta be Harry Potter for me. That series changed my life.
KallistaAnn
Bookshelf Size: 559

Post by KallistaAnn »

fayetino wrote:I am soo in love with Sarah J. Maas' Throne of Glass series. The world building is amazing and the characters are awesome. The main character stole my heart from the first page. For Science fiction I would pick The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. I finished this series a week ago and I am still reeling from it. Almost everything about it is great
I completely agree with you, I absolutely love Sarah J. Maas' books. I'm so sad that Throne of Glass is coming to an end soon! I also adore her Court of Thorns and Roses trilogy. I feel like Sarah J. Maas is really good at building amazing characters, and the romance plotlines she creates just hook me in.
Eva Gallegos
Currently Reading: Writing Your First Novel
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-gallegos.html

Post by Eva Gallegos »

Until now, my favorite fantasy series is The Guild Hunter by Nalini Singh. I love all her books, but these ones are by far, in my opinion, the best.
Bluecobia
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluecobia.html
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Post by Bluecobia »

It is hard to beat the lord of the rings for fantasy. For science fiction I go with Robert Heinlein.
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert
KITtheKAT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitthekat.html
Latest Review: The Elf Brief by Jordan David

Post by KITtheKAT »

It depends on what I feel like. I'm a stereotype so I'm going with Harry Potter. I have a lot of different favourites, but Harry Potter is that one thing that I always come back to at some point.
Bibliofiend

Post by Bibliofiend »

Anything written by Anne McCaffrey! She encompassed fantasy and Sci-fi in many series. Her words evoked such distinct, physical worlds for me when I found her as a pre-teen. As an adult, I replaced my childhood copies and paperbacks with first editions.
I also love much of what everyone else has mentioned including Harry Potter, Game of Thrones and great authors such as Ray Bradbury and Asminov. I met my now husband because of Douglas Adams, another favorite.

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”