What is Your Favorite Sci-fi or Fantasy Series?

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: What is Your Favorite Sci-fi or Fantasy Series?

Post by Christina Rose »

I loved reading the Harry Potter series! I've not yet seen all the movies, but I'm sure I will eventually ?
EmSwan
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emswan.html
Latest Review: "Keys to Tetouan" by Mois Benarroch

Post by EmSwan »

Most of my favorites have already been mentioned, but two I don't think I've seen, that are definitely worth a read are 'the giver' by lois lowry and 'deadstock' by jeffrey thomas!
Latest Review: "Keys to Tetouan" by Mois Benarroch
juralyn
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by juralyn »

smallville
harry potter
magicquill
Currently Reading: Elf Brief
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magicquill.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by magicquill »

It would be Harry Potter and Game of Thrones. I really love them. I'm such a terrible fanatic! I also imagine myself being on these places and writing stuff similar to these genres.
Because if you've found meaning in your life, you don't want to go back. You want to go forward.

- Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Reading247
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reading Device: B00OTWPEBK

Post by Reading247 »

I like the divergent trilogy. It took me 4 hours too read the first book, I was so captivated by it. :D
michiness
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michiness.html
Latest Review: "An Unexpected Life" by Victoria Ortiz

Post by michiness »

Obviously all of those I adore, but I'm also a huge fan of anything written by Brandon Sanderson.
Latest Review: "An Unexpected Life" by Victoria Ortiz
Richard Mudd
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-richard-mudd.html
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas

Post by Richard Mudd »

My all time favourite is Asimov's Robot series but in a very close second place Ben Bova's Mars and Return to Mars. All extremely well crafted works that have entertained me through several reads and re-reads of each of them and no doubt I will return to them again, as each time I get a new insight or at least refresh an old one.
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

Harry Potter, of course, and as of recently two main high-fantasy series: The Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson and the Witcher saga by Andrzej Sapkowski.
Onyinyechukwu
Currently Reading: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechukwu.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Onyinyechukwu »

My favourite fantasy series is Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. The series I enjoyed most of all was, The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe, because I it was an allegory of the strength of God's love for mankind and sacrifice He was willing to make, and wasn't boring, or burdesome to read.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
IshiM
Currently Reading: My Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reading Device: B01HAOZ1YS

Post by IshiM »

Harry Potter, Twilight and Chronicles of Narnia for fantasy. Hunger Games and Star Trek for Sci-fi.
Excitedreads
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 667">Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows</a>
Currently Reading: Rich Woman
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excitedreads.html
Reading Device: B00J8DL78O

Post by Excitedreads »

Harry potter! Then Hunger Games, Divergent and Maze Runner. I also started reading the Percy Jackson series, loved those too. I really don't think I'd be able to choose. And I still read young-adult fiction. I still love them. Check out my bookshelves, you'd see. Lol
Between the pages of a book is a lovely place to be...
Bernard Coffie
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bernard Coffie »

I think I will be hooked.I love Lord of the Rings.
ValEtt
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valett.html
Latest Review: "Murders in Progress" by Eldon Cene

Post by ValEtt »

Since TV shows are included, my answer is always and forever Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I can't think of a book series I've loved nearly as much as that show, and I'm part of the Harry Potter generation.
Gravy wrote:Greg Rucka's Lazarus series. They're graphic novels. I just love them! Forever is one if my favorite characters ever, which is saying something, and I can't get enough of them.
It's hard for me to get through sci-fi and fantasy book series, but I adore the genres on TV and in graphic novels. Forever sounds really interesting. Are there any other graphic novels in these genres that you'd recommend? Even standalones? I love the Saga series and the standalone novel Habibi (doesn't feel like sci-fi but it's definitely set in a version of earth that isn't real), and I enjoy the more unconventional superhero stories that take apart conventions, like Strong Female Protagonist and Nimona.
Latest Review: "Murders in Progress" by Eldon Cene
srm628
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srm628.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Guide For The Avid Indoorsman by John Driver

Post by srm628 »

If we include televison shows, Doctor Who and The Libranians, hands down. If I have to go strictly off of books, probably Harry Potter because I haven't read many sci-fi/fantasy novels.
Basya
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-basya.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Basya »

That is a hard question if I have to choose only one. The Orphan Queen and its sequel, The Mirror King, by Jodi Meadows make up an amazing tale full of secrets, plot twists, true-to-life characters, nonstop action, and a bit of romance thrown in. Companion novellas provide background and insights into the early lives of key figures in the story.

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”