Do You Like the Sci-fi/ Fantasy Genre?

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
Londera
Favorite Author: Lauren Oliver
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... elirium</a>
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 391
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-londera.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2442

Re: Do You Like the Sci-fi/ Fantasy Genre?

Post by Londera »

I love Sci-Fi and Fantasy books
DanceRhythm
Currently Reading: Idiot
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dancerhythm.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David

Post by DanceRhythm »

I love scifi and fantasy! The stories somehow draw me in even more than other genres. And I love that the characters in these genres live in different worlds. There seem to be so many different possibilities for how things work there!
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

kandscreeley wrote:Yes. I would say they are my favorite genres. I think because I love to see what others think of the future. I love to be able to get outside myself while reading, and this is the most far away from yourself you can get (usually.)
I like the genre for the same reason that I like to read on what others think of the future, I like that I can get lost in imagination for the future while reading the genre
rjthegreat92
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rjthegreat92.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Post by rjthegreat92 »

I enjoy the fantasy and sci-fi genre. Its fun to imagine the characters so things that seem impossible or going places that seem unreal. Its a good break from reality.
Rachel1019
Currently Reading: A Dance with Dragons
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel1019.html
Latest Review: "The Understanding" by Dennis Pennefather

Post by Rachel1019 »

I do not like the Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre, I love it! It is my go-to genre. More than 2/3rds of the books that I read are sci-fi/fantasy I'm sure.
Latest Review: "The Understanding" by Dennis Pennefather
Anjum
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjum.html

Post by Anjum »

Yeah, I really love Sci-fi and fantasy genre. They have the ability to take you to a completely different world.
David_92
Currently Reading: Ronaldo: Rudi's Birthday Extravaganza
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-92.html

Post by David_92 »

Yes I love the fiction genres. The surreal world opens our minds to think beyond the obvious and to question the status quo. It provokes creativity.
rcarr13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rcarr13.html
Latest Review: Weaponized Prayer Missiles Against Infirmities. by Dr. Omolara Olaniyi

Post by rcarr13 »

I usually prefer fantasy over sci-fi, but I do occassionally like to read well-written sci-fi novels as well. I like to be able to get out of my own world and enter another world full of endless possiblities. I love getting into an authors imagination, and feeling like I've experienced something that could never take place in real life. That's the appeal for me.
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

I do like the Sci-fi/fantasy genre in both books and TV/Movies. It really takes you away from reality and if it's done right, it's perfect escapism. This genre best showcases imagination and creativity.
atonykamau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atonykamau.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by atonykamau »

I love both sci-fi and fantasy books because of their ability to always bring something new to the table.
tvess
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by tvess »

I love sci-fi and fantasy for their ability to emphasize human nature. It doesn't matter if the character has magic powers or lives on the moon, a good book will always emphasize the parts the readers can relate to: fear, ambition, laziness... I find them weirdly more relatable than other genres because others tend to focus on "why is this person different enough to have an interesting story?".
KLafser
Currently Reading: Nine Perfect Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 574
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klafser.html
Latest Review: The Road From Money by Sylvester Boyd Jr.

Post by KLafser »

If you asked me a year ago, I would've said no, not at all. However, I'm finding that I really like sci fi ... or, things that lean that way, I think for me, it has to be something I can wrap my head around rather than something where the author has to completely explain every facets of the world they've created. I really liked this book, another favorite in the genre is Ready Player One.
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

I am somehow new to this genre but after reading this book. My mind is changed for ever...
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
VictoriaMcMillen
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriamcmillen.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Soldier by Adriene Odom

Post by VictoriaMcMillen »

Honestly, I really haven't liked it before reading this book, unless I just don't pay much attention to genres. My favorite is the mystery and thriller genres. They are most enjoyable and why I believe I enjoyed Superhighway so much.
~Victoria M.L. McMillen

"You can, you should, and if you are brave enough to start, you will." Stephen King
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

Aspects of this books concept remind me of the movie Jumper. Having the ability to travel anywhere in an instant. I love fantasy and SciFi literature because I want to believe in fantastic creatures and of beautiful far away lands. There are so many topics that can be covered and so many creatures to feature. The possibilities are endless and I don't see myself getting sick of these stories anytime soon.

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”