Overall Rating and Opinion of "Superhighway"

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
David_92
Currently Reading: Ronaldo: Rudi's Birthday Extravaganza
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-92.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Re: Overall Rating and Opinion of "Superhighway"

Post by David_92 »

I loved the book because it speaks of a guy who uses the impossible to overcome his challenge through unforeseen medium. Digital solutions .
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

I really enjoyed this book. I gave it a 4 out of 4 stars on my review (I'd love for you to read it). I thought the idea was unique and I thought Alex was a mostly typical teenage guy. As a woman, I couldn't really relate to his relationship issues but I thought a lot of guys his age would act the same way. I enjoyed Fayman's explanation of how Alex came to possess his abilities. I don't particularly care of all of the science adds up, as long as the explanation theoretically makes some sort of sense, I can be ok with it. I also enjoyed learning about Alex's family.

I did not enjoy what happened with Anna and thought it was a little ridiculous. I also thought it was dumb that he met all of the girls back to back and had feelings for each one of them.

I think as the story progressed Alex began to learn from his mistakes. He knew he screwed up with Eva, he knew he needed to stop appearing in between women's legs when he traveled, he knew he screwed up with Lehman Brothers. He has potential to be a better "superhero" in book two.
chupke07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chupke07.html
Latest Review: Metaphase by Mitchel Street

Post by chupke07 »

I actually enjoyed it a good bit. I downloaded the second one to read in my free time to see if it stands up to the first one.
Storm+
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storm.html
Latest Review: The Promise of Whiteness: Its Past and Its Future by Martha R. Bireda

Post by Storm+ »

I rated this book a 3 out of 4. I really enjoyed the concept as a whole, and even the use of the concept to build a plot, but I wasn't really rooting for the main character. To be honest, my least favorite part of this story was Alex, which is why I probably wouldn't recommend this book to very many people, unless I knew for sure it was something they would like.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 219
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

The book sounds different and out there and that's not necessarily a bad thing. It sounds like it needs a little bit more to clarify how some of the things happened to him.
Eryn Bradshaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eryn-bradshaw.html
Latest Review: The Witchstone by Victoria Randall

Post by Eryn Bradshaw »

I just finished this and wrote a review for it. I found that it wasn't bad, but it also wasn't great. I got bored and distracted a few times throughout the book. I really don't like Alex Fine either.
“Live, and be happy, and make others so.”
― Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
asere_maryanne
Currently Reading: Source
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asere-maryanne.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by asere_maryanne »

I really enjoyed reading the book, Superhighway. I enjoyed everything about it except for it's sexual content and the spelling and grammatical errors. I rate it a 3 out of 4 stars.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Mindy Conahye »

I rated the book 3 out of 4. I enjoyed it. There were a few spelling errors and punctuation mistakes, but overall it was a good read. The story was faced paced and I kept wanting to read on to find out what would happen next. I'm looking forward to reading the second and third books.
Mac :techie-reference:
SpencerVo
Favorite Book: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spencervo.html
Latest Review: Lola the Buhund and the Father of Discord by Elbot Carman

Post by SpencerVo »

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It has a great premise and explores what one can do with such a refreshing superpower. However, I prefer something more contemplative since Alex's thoughts are quite immature and superficial. The book also has the feel of a teenage dream or a wish fulfillment rather than a serious sci-fi novel.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Dee_7Reichardt
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Currently Reading: Tears and Trombones
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dee-7reichardt.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Dee_7Reichardt »

The sci-fi element interested me initially and the concept of computer travel was unique. However, the story became harder and harder for me to get through as it progressed. I did not approve of the character's inability to learn from his mistakes, for one example. Then the author threw in this experiment in the government explanation, which annoyed me. It almost seemed like he drew from a hat to explain the cause of Alex's powers which was anticlimactic in my opinion. I believe I gave it a 3 out of 4, not based on plot, but because of some grammar issues and awkward wording. For the first book in a supposed trilogy it did not make me want to read the next one.
Scrawling Pen
Currently Reading: Snape
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scrawling-pen.html
Latest Review: The Queen of Xana by Fred Pilcher

Post by Scrawling Pen »

Overall, I did not really enjoy this book. At first it was engaging, but soon it felt repetitive and unbelievable.
Atara Miles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atara-miles.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Atara Miles »

I loved the idea. It was relatively original and the concept was really imaginative. What took away from the book was Alex's weakness when it came on to succumbing to every basic desire and his lack of restraint with respect to his power and I just couldn't really connect to him. I rate it 2 out of 4. I would recommend this book to people for the creativity behind it but not for the actual characters.
Sarah Schmidt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vine Witch
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-schmidt.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger

Post by Sarah Schmidt »

I rate Superhighway 2 out of 4 stars. The main character and the basic plot left a lot to be desired, but I liked the premise of the story by itself. i can't say I would recommend this book to people, however.
Moneybag
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneybag.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Moneybag »

I do love this book, the first part was a bit repetitive. i prefer the second part.

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”