If you had the power to travel digitally, would you?

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Re: If you had the power to travel digitally, would you?

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

Yes, I would use it to go to different places around the world. However, I would not use it to take money from other people's account. I think traveling digitally would be a cheap way to travel.
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
Scerakor
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

One of the most amazing things to do is to travel and to experience other cultures. The problem with it is that it is extremely expensive (and in another way time-consuming). If I was able to hop out for a quick visit to somewhere I have never been before, I would be quite frankly stupid to not take advantage of an opportunity/gift like this!
Mrsbellaz
Currently Reading: Who told you that you were naked
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrsbellaz.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by Mrsbellaz »

That would be an awesome ability. To travel without having to pay for gas or be stuck in traffic! Who wouldn't like that?
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Sindhu Srinath
Currently Reading: Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sindhu-srinath.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: B06Y66GMC5

Post by Sindhu Srinath »

Of course! It's kind of like "apparating" in Harry Potter style with modern day technology. I could visit all the wonders of the world and drop by my friends' houses so easily! Such an exciting way to travel. "The only way to go!"
okani steven chiemek
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by okani steven chiemek »

i would of course nothing interest me most than traveling around the world and make new discoveries in diverse places,enlightening my self in things i haven't seen before

-- 21 Jun 2017, 08:15 --

and moreover travelling digitally is the most cheapest and fastest low in cost
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

Definitely! I could travel to all the cool places I only dream about. Also could visit my family abroad whenever I'd like and not be constrained by ungodly matters such as money, planet tickets, off from work, etc...
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

The Caribbean, especially the lesser known places like Suriname, Guyana, Antigua n so forth. I'd love such a power no inhibitions.
Cjgarland89
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cjgarland89.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Cjgarland89 »

I would be cautious of using the power, but I would definitely use it. I likely would kee it fairly secretive though, not to draw too much attention.
IsabelMay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3761
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isabelmay.html
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller

Post by IsabelMay »

Why not? I guess it is too simple to actually work but it would be amazing if we could do that. There are so many places I would love to go, but traveling is rather expensive so this would be perfect (and quick). From beautiful countries in Europe to South America and Africa... I wouldn't be able to decide where to go first, to be honest.
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

I love traveling to go sightseeing, so if I had the power to travel digitally, I would use it every single day. I wouldn't have to pay for tickets nor suffer the discomfort to be hours in an airplane. Besides, I wouldn't even suffer of a jet lag. It would be awesome! I would love to go South Korea and Japan to try their food and wear their traditional clothes. :P
Sindhu Srinath

Post by Sindhu Srinath »

Kalin Adi wrote:I love traveling to go sightseeing, so if I had the power to travel digitally, I would use it every single day. I wouldn't have to pay for tickets nor suffer the discomfort to be hours in an airplane. Besides, I wouldn't even suffer of a jet lag. It would be awesome! I would love to go South Korea and Japan to try their food and wear their traditional clothes. :P
Avoiding jet lag! Thanks for bringing that up. It would be simply amazing!!!!
SaraMaeBerry

Post by SaraMaeBerry »

see i have no idea, with the way kids are nowadays. maybe we shouldn't focus so much on tech? i would love to look up london on my laptop and go there, but i am a 20 yr old girl lol
TheSeelieCourtJester
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theseeliecourtjester.html
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor

Post by TheSeelieCourtJester »

I've got mixed feelings about this ability. While it would be really cool to travel to places through a computer, I just can't help but wonder what would happen if a hacker caught you. Or if a virus decides to screw with you and swallow you whole. On the other hand, that power could come in handy, like if you feel like getting some good, Vietnamese or Chinese food, and you decide to travel to that country to get it. It'd also make learning about different cultures a bit easier.
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor
Sindhu Srinath

Post by Sindhu Srinath »

TheSeelieCourtJester wrote:I've got mixed feelings about this ability. While it would be really cool to travel to places through a computer, I just can't help but wonder what would happen if a hacker caught you. Or if a virus decides to screw with you and swallow you whole. On the other hand, that power could come in handy, like if you feel like getting some good, Vietnamese or Chinese food, and you decide to travel to that country to get it. It'd also make learning about different cultures a bit easier.
An interesting thought! It's true that technology is a terrible master and it wouldn't be safe to be at the total mercy of the digital world. I think you'll be a great analyst, because you've thought of the risks involved as well.
Nicholas Oreko

Post by Nicholas Oreko »

ofcouse yes i would go all over the world on places have never been in this world

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”