Animals vs Humans

Discuss the May 2017 Book of the Month, Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger.

View Farmer Beau's Farm on Bookshelves
riazziea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riazziea.html
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom (The Brimstone Chronicles Book 1)" by Victor Rose
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Re: Animals vs Humans

Post by riazziea »

Animals hold a special place in my heart. I find it disgusting how often animals are mistreated. I am happy that many states are passing laws that reprimand owners who cause animals harm. I also do not understand the ideas of dog fighting or other sports like that. It is because of these owners that dogs like pit bulls and Rottweilers are being faced with labels that make them dangerous. Specific housing complexes forbid these and other breeds all because of how previous owners made them look. Animals care for us, they will do anything for us. Why can't we do the same for them?
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom (The Brimstone Chronicles Book 1)" by Victor Rose
Elli Karampela
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elli-karampela.html
Latest Review: "Veterans Day" by J. J. Jorgens

Post by Elli Karampela »

We should definitely respect both people and animals. Whoever possesses the feeling of empathy will realize that life should be respected and preserved.
Latest Review: "Veterans Day" by J. J. Jorgens
Bluecobia
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluecobia.html
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Post by Bluecobia »

I love and respect animals. I don't want them mistreated. I do not feel they are as important as humans.
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert
Elle Howard
Currently Reading: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elle-howard.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Elle Howard »

I believe you learn a great deal about a person by how they treat an animal. If a person finds pleasure in abusing something much smaller and helpless, how would they treat a child? Would they have patience with an older person? How would they respond if you got sick? Personally, I could never be around anyone that got pleasure from abusing an animal.
Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.
–Maya Angelou
eelavahs-jay
Currently Reading: Island of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eelavahs-jay.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by eelavahs-jay »

I think that all living things were meant to coexist together without any particular animal heading the hierarchy. It's kind of ironic that humans (who are the ultimate predators) need animals to survive but animals don't necessarily need us to survive. In fact we're the reason a lot of species have gone or are going extinct. Animals should be treated with respect. They have feelings too!
Anjum
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjum.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David

Post by Anjum »

I think every life matters. Treating animals cruelly is very inhumane and demonic.
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
Micheal Ukewuihe
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micheal-ukewuihe.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Micheal Ukewuihe »

Humans are superior to animals for a reason and I know for a fact that of the case where reversed we might be in deeper problems but I still feel empathy for animals.
Favy Moses
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Favy Moses »

I agree that animals should be cared for and respected but not to be compared with humans.

Return to “Discuss "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger”