Live animals at home?

Discuss the May 2017 Book of the Month, Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger.

View Farmer Beau's Farm on Bookshelves
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Re: Live animals at home?

Post by Manang Muyang »

Yes, indeed. Animals do give back the love they get. You can't expect people to always do the same.
larryn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by larryn »

I have been raised up with a dog as my very close friend to the extend of my mum leaving me alone at home with the dog without worries. This really relieved her the cost of baby care.
michelonline29
Favorite Book: The Eurasians
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelonline29.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Post by michelonline29 »

We have Cats, Dogs, and Chickens in our house. They bring joy to the family because of their different actions and styles.
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Belynda White
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 8">Destiny Revisited</a>
Currently Reading: What Lies Within
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-belynda-white.html
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Belynda White »

I had a dog back in school in my hostel. We practically lived together in my apartment since I lived off campus. I took her straight from her mother's nipples and she hadn't even opened her eyes yet. When she eventually did, I was carrying her on my arms and I was the very first thing she ever saw in life. Shirley was such a sweetheart. I got her name because I was studying the poet, P. B. Shirley that semester in school and I loved his work. Now I'm using past tense because Shirley died last year at 5. My poor baby died and I just couldn't figure out what killed her.
Most times, I fall flat on my face. But never do I remain on the floor; I rise again.
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing
Greatachiever
Currently Reading: Silk And Scholar
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greatachiever.html
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan

Post by Greatachiever »

Yeah...I used to have a dog named queen that thought me especially How much faithful pets can be!! And it taught my cousins how to stay at home and away from trouble...I will really say animals have a way of getting to us. Though I miss it, as it died last year, we have a puppy ( Betty). She is indeed just like Queen..

-- 16 Jun 2017, 14:36 --

Great achiever's Latest Review: "Who told you that you were naked (Reexamining the garden of Eden) by William.E.Combs
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan
Ameera Fatima

Post by Ameera Fatima »

I don't have a pet at home at this time but I think that every child should have one. Having a pet teaches you about responsibility and about caring for something outside of yourself.
rhiza021
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhiza021.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by rhiza021 »

We don't have any pet right now but we used to when I was still a kid. Having pets makes a home livelier. I'm actually planning to have a dog soon.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
apulliam
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apulliam.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer

Post by apulliam »

My mother never allowed animals in our home when I was growing up, and I vowed my kids would have that chance. We have had cats in the house since they were small. We have one now, and he teaches them compassion. My children are teens and not always kind with one another. Our orange tabby has the sweetest personality, and they have sort of caught it from him. Having him in the house makes them genuinely more loving.
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
Keri wood
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keri-wood.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Keri wood »

I grew up on a ranch so I had a lot of animals from horses to chickens I love animals. I do love the reptile family most I've has three iguanas and I love them so much they are so sweet.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
desareedany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desareedany.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by desareedany »

I have a dog that was found by my stepdad. My stepdad works for the city inspecting bridges and job sites. One time he was at one site for 2 weeks. On the first day this puppy that looked hungry came up to him so he gave him some food. Everyday that first week the puppy came back. At the end of the first week, he brought the puppy home with him but continued to bring him back to the job site everyday for the 2nd week in case anyone came by to claim him. No one ever did so he became my mom and stepdad's dog for about a year. Then they gave him to me already house trained because I was living alone in an apartment and wanted a dog. My dog's name is Floyd. He is a dachshund/blue heeler mix. He has the body of a dachshund and the coloring of a heeler. He weighs only about 20 pounds, so he's not too much bigger than a full blood dachshund. And I love him to death!
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
kittymamamau
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kittymamamau.html
Latest Review: Fences by Angela Khrsitin Brown

Post by kittymamamau »

I think animals are a great addition to any home. Though we don't have children yet, our animals bring us a great deal of joy. We currently have 11 cats and 2 dogs in our house. They keep things interesting! I think they will be beneficial to our children in two ways. They will teach our children to love and care for something other than themselves. Having animals in the house will also prevent them from developing allergies to those animals.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Lucky 13 animals you have there kittymamamau. Now I know how you got your screen name. My aunt, a certified kitty lover, would give anything to meet your brood.
aldin123456

Post by aldin123456 »

:ugeek2: I got 3 animals in my house 2 cats and 1 dog and this animal is my only family in my house i'm so happy with my pet
Emmaky
Currently Reading: The Wicked Wives
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmaky.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by Emmaky »

We have all sorts of animals. Cows, dogs,sheep , chicken and a cat. My son loves them all. He touches them and plays with them alot hence he has become a little brave boy.
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Emmaky wrote:We have all sorts of animals. Cows, dogs,sheep , chicken and a cat. My son loves them all. He touches them and plays with them alot hence he has become a little brave boy.
Hi Emmaky. Your son is indeed a brave boy. I myself can admire animals only from far away. I'm scared to be bitten, my unholy fear.

Return to “Discuss "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger”