Which character do you relate to more?

Discuss the May 2017 Book of the Month, Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger.

View Farmer Beau's Farm on Bookshelves
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Which character do you relate to more?

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Of the limited characters in this month's book, which would you say do you relate to more (as a child and/or as an adult)? In what ways, do you relate to this character?
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I think I relate to to Marissa, the giraffe. The reason is because I know how it feels to be in a new environment and not feel like you belong. I also know how it feels to be made fun of.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

Even if Beau and Bamma do not fall under the main characters, I can so much relate to them because theyrepresent people who love animals. I love animals, especially dogs and cats.
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

I can also relate to Farmer Beau as well. He is welcoming and kind to others. I would like to think that I resemble him and his characteristics, even if it's just a little bit.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Amagine wrote:I think I relate to to Marissa, the giraffe. The reason is because I know how it feels to be in a new environment and not feel like you belong. I also know how it feels to be made fun of.
I also understand of being in a new environment and not feel like you belong. We all probably have felt this way one way or another. I don't really remember being made fun of, but that could have easily happened behind my back, who knows. Although, it didn't seem like Marissa actually heard what Kailey and Sammy were saying. It seemed like she was crying because of how uncomfortable she was on a farm, so maybe I'm more like Marissa than I first thought.

-- 10 May 2017, 10:31 --
Donnavila Marie01 wrote:Even if Beau and Bamma do not fall under the main characters, I can so much relate to them because theyrepresent people who love animals. I love animals, especially dogs and cats.
Amagine wrote:I can also relate to Farmer Beau as well. He is welcoming and kind to others. I would like to think that I resemble him and his characteristics, even if it's just a little bit.
I also agree with both of you. Though Beau and Bamma weren't the main characters, they do represent people who love animals, and I love them as well. And you are right, Amagine, Beau is kind and welcoming to others, and I hope I am, too.
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

I, too, relate to Marissa. I've been the new girl many times, and I know what it's like to feel sad and lonely in a new place.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

If this was a question of who I relate to the least, it would be Bamma. The reason is because she is portrayed as a wife who works in the home while her husband works outside of it. Her role is completely different from my own.

Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Amagine wrote:If this was a question of who I relate to the least, it would be Bamma. The reason is because she is portrayed as a wife who works in the home while her husband works outside of it. Her role is completely different from my own.
I would have said the same thing up until a year ago, but due to temporarily relocating, I cannot say the same thing now.
Heidi

Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

LivreAmour217 wrote:I, too, relate to Marissa. I've been the new girl many times, and I know what it's like to feel sad and lonely in a new place.
New environment, new culture, and new system really are challenging. An individual experiencing such is pushed to his limits. But this new experience widens the horizon of the person involved.
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

I can relate to Farmer Beau only because he seems like a kind and hardworking person. I like to think that I'm the same as well, at least I try to be.

Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Amagine wrote:I can relate to Farmer Beau only because he seems like a kind and hardworking person. I like to think that I'm the same as well, at least I try to be.
I would like to think I'm like Farmer Beau, as well. He seems welcoming, kind-hearted, and someone who enjoys a good day's hard work. I don't think I could be a full-time farmer like him, but I like to try my best in any work that I am given.
Heidi

Amagine

Post by Amagine »

I also don't think I can be a full time farmer. I'm not a huge fan of working outside because of my twenty something war with bugs. I definitely admire his characteristics though.

Zero
Currently Reading: Wings of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 24

Post by Zero »

Amagine wrote:I think I relate to to Marissa, the giraffe. The reason is because I know how it feels to be in a new environment and not feel like you belong. I also know how it feels to be made fun of.
Donnavila Marie01 wrote:New environment, new culture, and new system really are challenging. An individual experiencing such is pushed to his limits. But this new experience widens the horizon of the person involved.
Yeah I can relate with both of you. And I agree with you @Donnavila Marie01
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. -Albert Einstein
IsabelMay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3761
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isabelmay.html
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller

Post by IsabelMay »

I feel like I can relate the most to Marissa. Changing the environment, meeting new people and getting to know new places is quite scary and stressful. I completely agree with others who relate to her as well, as being the ''new one'' is most of the time very hard not only for you but also for others.
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller
eelavahs-jay
Currently Reading: Island of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eelavahs-jay.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by eelavahs-jay »

I related to Marissa. I've been in unfamiliar places and had people laugh at me simply because I was different. Then they have the nerve to come and speak to me like a minute ago they were talking about me behind their backs. That kind of irked me about Kailey and Sammy.

Return to “Discuss "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger”