Re: May Book of the Month

Discuss the May 2017 Book of the Month, Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger.

View Farmer Beau's Farm on Bookshelves
Chrys Brobbey
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrys-brobbey.html
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis

Re: May Book of the Month

Post by Chrys Brobbey »

Looking at the May Book of the Month, Farmer Beau's Farm, in a broader perspective: Sammy is a kitten, while Kailey is a bunny. The fact that they relate to each other like two loving siblings is a lesson for humans to learn to relate harmoniously with each other, regardless of race, religion, politics or beliefs. This will make for a peaceful world. But why is it that even brothers cannot see eye to eye, like North against the South, etcetera?
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis
Tomiwa
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Tomiwa »

Chrys Brobbey wrote:Looking at the May Book of the Month, Farmer Beau's Farm, in a broader perspective: Sammy is a kitten, while Kailey is a bunny. The fact that they relate to each other like two loving siblings is a lesson for humans to learn to relate harmoniously with each other, regardless of race, religion, politics or beliefs. This will make for a peaceful world. But why is it that even brothers cannot see eye to eye, like North against the South, etcetera?
i think if we take time to read books like this we will dwell more in love and unity with oneanother.but that is if we take the reading seriously.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Tomiwa wrote:
Chrys Brobbey wrote:Looking at the May Book of the Month, Farmer Beau's Farm, in a broader perspective: Sammy is a kitten, while Kailey is a bunny. The fact that they relate to each other like two loving siblings is a lesson for humans to learn to relate harmoniously with each other, regardless of race, religion, politics or beliefs. This will make for a peaceful world. But why is it that even brothers cannot see eye to eye, like North against the South, etcetera?
i think if we take time to read books like this we will dwell more in love and unity with oneanother.but that is if we take the reading seriously.
I read somewhere that those who are readers tend to more emphatic and accepting than those who do not. Now, I don't know the actual percentages, but it's definitely an interesting thought.

I think a lot of people not able to get along is due to the fact of how different we are and how differently we are raised. Kailey Kitten was raised, what seems like a safe and loving environment, therefore, she was more accepting toward Sammy Bunny. Sammy, longed for a friend and probably have seen a variety of animals on his way to the farm. Therefore, accepting Kailey as a friend seemed almost natural.

Overall, I think a lot of why some are not able to see eye-to-eye is because of the way we grow up and the environment we live in, which makes us more or less accepting.
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Zero
Currently Reading: Wings of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 24

Post by Zero »

hsimone wrote:
I read somewhere that those who are readers tend to more emphatic and accepting than those who do not. Now, I don't know the actual percentages, but it's definitely an interesting thought.

I think a lot of people not able to get along is due to the fact of how different we are and how differently we are raised. Kailey Kitten was raised, what seems like a safe and loving environment, therefore, she was more accepting toward Sammy Bunny. Sammy, longed for a friend and probably have seen a variety of animals on his way to the farm. Therefore, accepting Kailey as a friend seemed almost natural.

Overall, I think a lot of why some are not able to see eye-to-eye is because of the way we grow up and the environment we live in, which makes us more or less accepting.
Yep, I agree with you. Everyone has different personalities and perspectives. This depends on many factors like how were you raised, your nature, what have you been through, your habits, etc. and accepting people with all these differences is what it means to be human. But sadly, a very small number of people believe in this.
And probably this can be one of the reasons why some are not able to see eye-to-eye.
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. -Albert Einstein
Brianlex
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Brianlex »

I agree with this
Shelle
Currently Reading: For the Love
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelle.html
Latest Review: A Positive Thought a Day Keeps the Negative Away by Dr. Curtis E. Smith
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Shelle »

Perhaps that's why these topics are popular in children's books? Perhapswe adults have a longing to see our kids make better choices than we have and be more empathetic, understanding, loving, and accepting than we were?
A book is a gift you can open again and again.
-Garrison Keillor
Micheal Ukewuihe
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micheal-ukewuihe.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Micheal Ukewuihe »

Books like this are important for the subtle lessons they teach and how they bring peace to the people who understand these lessons.

Return to “Discuss "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger”