Do you still read books belonging to the children's genre?

Discuss the May 2017 Book of the Month, Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger.

View Farmer Beau's Farm on Bookshelves
Excitedreads
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 667">Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows</a>
Currently Reading: Rich Woman
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excitedreads.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Reading Device: B00J8DL78O

Re: Do you still read books belonging to the children's genr

Post by Excitedreads »

I love children's classics. But i much rather reading them with children like my sister or my son... i love the wonder in their eyes as they get wrapped in the story with me. And young adult fiction is my second go to after crime thrillers. Harry Potter and LOTR were two of my favourte series, and still are.
Between the pages of a book is a lovely place to be...
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

I absolutely do. I just re-read the Laura Ingalls Wilder books for nostalgia. I love that children's stories are happy and simple...typically. It's usually a quick pleasurable read.
Gneiss
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Gneiss »

No, not anymore. I've been busy reading other books nowadays but I won't totally give them up.
Athena Moon
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3217">The Lovely Bones</a>
Currently Reading: The Piketty Problem
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athena-moon.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by Athena Moon »

I accidentally found the book I adored when I first began to read and been rereading it again since. Also whenever I meet my little relatives and take the role of babysitter:)
sandra72jean
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sandra72jean »

I think that is one of the many perks of being grandma. I get to pick up those favorites and share them with the kids. It makes it even that much better when they start asking for those books. I notice it also seems to bring a bit of the cozy home back to my grown kids as well.
KWKLEIN
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwklein.html

Post by KWKLEIN »

Wasif Ahmed wrote:Do you still read children books?
I do! I love to look at the pictures, too. Illustrations are such an important part of the story, in easy readers especially. Sometimes, when I take my grandkids to the library, they pick out the ones they want and I pick the ones I want. Sometimes we end up sharing.

I read kids books for fun and research. The same with YA. I look for ones I like the looks of (yes, I go by the covers many times). Or I look for ones that are on a subject I want to write about and see what styles and angles other authors have used. I look for new ideas on how to write about a subject, comparing my style to see if maybe I'm coming off too serious or too silly.

Sometimes I read a kids book to research an adult subject because they are written on a level easy to understand. Then, if I want to pursue a subject more, I can always find something written for adults.

I love kids books because they take me back to my childhood, or my kids' childhoods. Or they're just fun.
fayetino
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fayetino.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by fayetino »

I wasn't into reading growing up so I've never tried books in the children's genre
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Dolphine
Currently Reading: Solid Stone
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Dolphine »

I do love reading books, and i do visit children stories, they are so sweet and they teach life and advices.
Nuz winnhy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188

Post by Nuz winnhy »

yes sometimes i read children's book and really enjoy them, i mean there will always be a kid inside you.
akeseh
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akeseh.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by akeseh »

Why not? Some books are like cartoons. They are for all ages. It will interest you to know the number of adult who watch Tom and Jerry cartoons.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
KITtheKAT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitthekat.html
Latest Review: The Elf Brief by Jordan David

Post by KITtheKAT »

Of course, I do. Ever read the Percy Jackson series? It's funny as heck, and it doesn't need some form of the male anatomy to force humour, which a lot of romance novels use for some reason. It all depends on what type of book I feel like reading on that day.
Bluecobia
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluecobia.html
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Post by Bluecobia »

Yes I like all types of books. I like to read to my grand daughter children books and sometimes I go back and read some of the books I read as a child. Books like Nancy Drew, the Hardy Boys, and Tom Swift Just for the fun of it.
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert
Tsheola Asavela
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tsheola-asavela.html
Latest Review: "Guardian of Deceit" by William H. Coles

Post by Tsheola Asavela »

Well, I don't because I don't have the time due to all that I read nowadays but, if given the chance I'd go back to 'Goosebumps' and the 'Hardy Boys'.
T. A.
'Art of the Pen.'
Latest Review: "Guardian of Deceit" by William H. Coles
strike-aster
Currently Reading: The War of Words
Bookshelf Size: 33

Post by strike-aster »

Yes of course! I admit that I'm guilty and really enjoyed reading them. People may thought it is childish but for me it is not. It only shows my younger self or side of me. In children's books mostly you'll find a lot of moral lessons in life that you can certainly apply. It teaches a lot of things on how you can be a much better person.
Debbyemi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debbyemi.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Debbyemi »

Yes I still do when ever I lay my hand on it especially when I visit my mum, she sells those. To be honest, I do enjoy it.
I also read young teenage books.

Return to “Discuss "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger”