What is your favorite memory with a friend?

Discuss the May 2017 Book of the Month, Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger.

View Farmer Beau's Farm on Bookshelves
David Omweri
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is your favorite memory with a friend?

Post by David Omweri »

My favorite memory of a friend is during our high school life. We used to do scouting, hiking around the county. Spent a night in each of our homes and loved both of our parents.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Hm...(one of) my favorite memory with a friend would have to be the first time I met my husband. We met through mutual friends, walked along the beach (which I love), talked about our interests, went out to a casual dinner, and played board games late into the night with friends. It was the beginning of our journey together. :D

A really close second would be our first date together - we spent almost 12 hours together that day and never once was bored. It was my first date (into my 20s) and it was perfect. :)
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

I have had a lot of memories with friends. The most unforgetable one is my escapade with freinds after a week-long spiritual formation. We were laughing, singing, and climbing trees and rocks. Looking back to this memory makes me smile because as if we were kids then, without worries and doubts.
srm628
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srm628.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Guide For The Avid Indoorsman by John Driver

Post by srm628 »

One of my favorite memories, which isn't necessarily a good memory but highly memorable and makes for a good story, is when I got locked in an abandoned school with my best friend at the time. We were stuck in a room for like two hours.

-- 09 May 2017, 16:38 --

One of my favorite memories, which isn't necessarily a good memory but highly memorable and makes for a good story, is when I got locked in an abandoned school with my best friend at the time. We were stuck in a room for like two hours.
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

I don't know if it's really a specific memory... but my favorite memory with friends is really just sitting together, chit chatting about everything and nothing. I love how comfortable a conversation with close friends feel!
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

So, I was just remembering this one time when a friend and I went to an outdoor concert. Somehow I ended up in the (pretty aggressive) mosh pit! Oh my gosh, I had no idea what was going on, but a pretty big and scary-looking man must have noticed the look of terror on my face and he literally lifted me from the ground turned around and placed me away from the mosh pit! I am forever in debt to this stranger, but I laugh every time I think about this! :lol2:
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I remember when a friend and I were having a water fight in front of my house. We had water guns, balloons and buckets. It was an all out war! Some other kids joined us and it became one of my favorite memories from childhood. I can't remember who won in the end though. :lol2:
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Amagine wrote:I remember when a friend and I were having a water fight in front of my house. We had water guns, balloons and buckets. It was an all out war! Some other kids joined us and it became one of my favorite memories from childhood. I can't remember who won in the end though. :lol2:
That sounds like an awesome memory! I used to love my water gun - it was pretty big and bright orange. My best friend, at the time, lived right next door to me, so we would have a few of us playing in the summer. It was unfortunate that it broke and they stopped making the same model. As I'm thinking about it, I believe that was my one and only water gun.
Heidi

Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

Back in my first year in college. I entered my first class. Started for a place which is comfortable in the next three hours. I chose the front row with only one person sitting. When I took my place without any word, the lass smiled at me and started a conversation. This opened a good friendship which I believe will last for a lifetime.

-- 13 May 2017, 21:19 --
Tomiwa wrote:my favorite time with my friend was when me and mey friend went to play at the stream together
I love playing with my childhood friend with any body of water. we visit springs, lakes, and we go to the beach. There was even a time when we tried swimming in a tank of water.
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

hsimone wrote:
Amagine wrote:I remember when a friend and I were having a water fight in front of my house. We had water guns, balloons and buckets. It was an all out war! Some other kids joined us and it became one of my favorite memories from childhood. I can't remember who won in the end though. :lol2:
That sounds like an awesome memory! I used to love my water gun - it was pretty big and bright orange. My best friend, at the time, lived right next door to me, so we would have a few of us playing in the summer. It was unfortunate that it broke and they stopped making the same model. As I'm thinking about it, I believe that was my one and only water gun.
I think summer was the best time to create memories with friends! There's no school and there's a lot of water play and all kinds of adventures. Water guns were so much fun and was a favorite activity of mine when I was younger.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
EMoffat
Currently Reading: Norse Mythology
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emoffat.html
Latest Review: A Life In Waiting by Katrina Benson

Post by EMoffat »

Going on holiday with my friend after a messy breakup. Full of sunshine, laughs and wine and was an amazing healing experience
Escarilla
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Escarilla »

My favorite memory was riding an outrigger boat with my friends. We went islandhopping around the Philipine islands. We collected shells around the beach and watched the sunset. We went swimming and snorkeling in the clear blue waters.
ifeoma obike
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifeoma-obike.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by ifeoma obike »

During my post-graduate programme when I got in the bad books of a lecturer together with two of my friends; we were given an assignment that was quite difficult and different from what was given to others. The times we spent together working on the assignment and crushing the lecturer's hope of failing us was quite a memory for me.
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
akamereader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by akamereader »

Catching frogs in our backyard with my bestfriend is one of my favorite memory which I want to cherish. The laughters and tears are just bonus ?
Snowflake
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowflake.html
Latest Review: Don't Think Twice by Barbara Schoichet

Post by Snowflake »

I have a great memory of being in a bus trip with my friend and our moms. I think we were around 10 yr old. I had the window seat and was watching the world go by. We went by a field of cows and I made a mooing sound (I was still facing the window) and my friend said - did you hear that cow? Once I told her it was me, we killed ourselves laughing.....
peace starts with a smile...

Return to “Discuss "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger”