What is your favorite memory with a friend?

Discuss the May 2017 Book of the Month, Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger.

View Farmer Beau's Farm on Bookshelves
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

What is your favorite memory with a friend?

Post by Amagine »

Kailey and Sammy instantly become best friends in the book. They explore the barnyard together and enjoying playing with each other out in the sun.

Think back on your childhood or present day, what is your favorite memory of a time you spent with a friend?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
e-tasana-williams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-tasana-williams.html
Latest Review: Monkey Mind Madness by Sharon Dorival
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by e-tasana-williams »

My favorite memory is when my best friend from elementary school spent the night at my house. We were in 6th grade. We each had a blanket wrapped around us, and we pretended to be Whitney Houston singing, "I Wanna Dance With Somebody"...we got carried away and knocked my little tv off its bookshelf. My mom knocked on the door asking us what was going on, and we simultaneously answered, "Nothing!" while quietly giggling. Good times!
Once you learn to read, you will be forever free ~ Frederick Douglas
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

e-tasana-williams wrote:My favorite memory is when my best friend from elementary school spent the night at my house. We were in 6th grade. We each had a blanket wrapped around us, and we pretended to be Whitney Houston singing, "I Wanna Dance With Somebody"...we got carried away and knocked my little tv off its bookshelf. My mom knocked on the door asking us what was going on, and we simultaneously answered, "Nothing!" while quietly giggling. Good times!
That sounds like a great memory! :lol2:

Your memory just reminded me of a time that up a friend and I were screaming heavy metal songs. The interesting part is that I don't listen to heavy metal music so while she was shouting out lyrics, I was just shouting out random things (lol)
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

I had a best friend when I was little, that I eventually grew apart from around eleven or twelve. We had a lot of great times together though from slumber parties to going to Universal Studios together with my parents. We kind of just did everything together. I actually haven't been back to Universal Studios since I was friends with her, so those memories I look back on sometimes.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

I've been lucky enough to have a few.

Trick-or-treating. I had a friend who I used to go trick-or-treating with. We were about nine, and older siblings were along. We made them look like wimps when they wouldn't walk up to a house. Granted, it was very well done for the holiday, with someone sitting out front. They sat so still, you'd have never believed that it wasn't just a decoration. It wasn't just a decoration :lol:
Scared the teenagers silly, and we were just cool 8)

It was awesome.
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

I'm glad to hear everyone has such fond memories!

Does anyone have any moments in their adulthood?

Mine would be when I was in California visiting a friend and she was telling me about these amazing cookies she had at a store. So we went walking around trying to find the store because she couldn't remember exactly where it was at.

We got lost because she was also new to the area and didn't know her way around too well. Long story, short, it was just a funny moment because we're both freaking out but still trying to find those cookies! In the end, we never did find the cookies but we did find out way back to her apartment! :lol:

Lest92
Currently Reading: Oil and Marble
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lest92.html
Latest Review: The Everywhere Spirit by Nicholas Applin

Post by Lest92 »

These are more recent memories, but my final year at university saw me sharing a studio and talking long nights away with a very good buddy of mine. Also, that year I spent a week in Cape Town with another good friend and her baby.
christinac_2585
Currently Reading: City of Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinac-2585.html
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman

Post by christinac_2585 »

Some of my best childhood memories are roller blading with my friends either at our houses or we would go to the state park. We could skate all day and have the best times. I miss those days...
"Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home."
- Anna Quindlen
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman
godreaujea
Currently Reading: Station Eleven
Bookshelf Size: 347
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-godreaujea.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by godreaujea »

I think my favorite memories are the summers I used to spend with my best childhood friend. We would bike and walk all over town and eat both ice cream and slushies in the same day by buying them with our allowance. We had so much fun together.
Tomiwa
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Tomiwa »

my favorite time with my friend was when me and mey friend went to play at the stream together
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 684
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

The best memory I have of friendship happened only last year when my mom died. My best friend took time off from work and stayed with me until my mom was buried. That wasn't easy to do as she had to travel more than 300 kilometers in rainy weather and stay up most nights to attend to the wake and other details for the funeral. I was down with the flu that time. Her support and love immensely helped me and my family bear the sadness and pain of our loss.

Friendship is really a wonderful gift that one should treasure.
Amagine

Post by Amagine »

Miriam Molina wrote:The best memory I have of friendship happened only last year when my mom died. My best friend took time off from work and stayed with me until my mom was buried. That wasn't easy to do as she had to travel more than 300 kilometers in rainy weather and stay up most nights to attend to the wake and other details for the funeral. I was down with the flu that time. Her support and love immensely helped me and my family bear the sadness and pain of our loss.

Friendship is really a wonderful gift that one should treasure.
That is a beautiful memory and I absolutely agree with you. People should treasure any and all friendships that they have. Humans are creatures that require constant companionship and love. Friends are a great way to satisfy that need.

ReadandRoll[
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: There are several
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... nbroken</a>
Currently Reading: The Dark Tower IV
Bookshelf Size: 550
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by ReadandRoll[ »

Spending 3 weeks at a buddy's place on Oahu Hawaii while 2 other school friends were in town also. We had a blast jumping off waterfalls, body surfing, girl watching, driving around the island eating great food a
nd drinking beer and mai tais!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~Chinese Proverb
Jeyran Main
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyran-main.html
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards

Post by Jeyran Main »

I remember distinctively how I used to sit and sing Disney songs with my best friend. I absolutely loved the fact that she was into the same things I was and I adored the times we would spend together singing.
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards
Moniquejm
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 2759">What is and isn't Working for the Alcoholic and Addict</a>
Currently Reading: Small Change
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moniquejm.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Post by Moniquejm »

My favorite memory of a friend is during our college life. We used to talk often, sharing stories, and walking around park during our vacant time..:)
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Return to “Discuss "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger”