What is your place of comfort?

Discuss the May 2017 Book of the Month, Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger.

View Farmer Beau's Farm on Bookshelves
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Re: What is your place of comfort?

Post by Amagine »

Rachel1019 wrote:My comfort place would definitely be my home, because that is where my family is and no matter how hard life gets, they can always make me feel better.
I agree. In fact, anywhere my family goes, as long as I'm with them it will automatically become a place of comfort.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Liliya
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">Tangible Spirits</a>
Bookshelf Size: 1249
Reading Device: B00GQDBZUY

Post by Liliya »

Since I have spent many years traveling, I am a bit rootless. My father was my anchor, but with hus passing I lost my Terra Firma. So by circumstances, since I as well as everyone else needs a place of comfort and tranquility, I have learned to create one mentally, (for me its a memory of a place), since I have experienced having that safe haven/ place of comfort ripped away over and over. So I reach my place by meditation.
Lu-Ellen
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lu-ellen.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer

Post by Lu-Ellen »

When it's a nice day I love to snuggle up on the sofa in our conservatory with the doors open the dogs roaming in and out as they please the sun coming in through the roof a nice cold drink, it's just a lovely place to sit and read. But thinking about it when it's raining I would say the same place as I love listening to the rain on the roof of the conservatory, snuggled up under a duvet with a hot chocolate or a coffee and a good book. Perfection.
Why is a raven like a writing desk ??
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

ShyColt wrote:As cheesy as this sounds, there is no place I find more comforting than the home where I grew up. Ther'es something about all the memories, and my mother's presence that can make the worst day better.
That's not cheesy at all! I remember growing up that I used to love going to our basement to play. What was better was there was a door that led to the backyard that I thought was really cool. Anyway, anytime I smell that cool, almost musty-smell, I breathe deeply in and smile. It's silly, but it warms my heart because it reminds me of my childhood home. :)
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
ifeoma obike
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifeoma-obike.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by ifeoma obike »

My home with my family in it is my place of comfort. I don't feel comfortable when I'm home all alone, or when I'm with my family somewhere else that is not my home. Even if I'm locked up in my room, knowing that someone that is family is around gives me great comfort.
HarleyQuinn2016
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harleyquinn2016.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by HarleyQuinn2016 »

The beach is where I like to go when I need some alone time. It is my peaceful, happy place.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Cavario
Currently Reading: Mark of the Remaker
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Cavario »

My comfort place will be my bookshelves. I feel lonely ,I pick my phone
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

For me, it doesn't matter how clean a room is for it to be considered comfortable. For example, my living room is usually always messy, but I don't mind as long as there is a place for me to sit on the couch.
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
Janien van Rooyen
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janien-van-rooyen.html

Post by Janien van Rooyen »

My comfort place is right next to my man, wherever that might be...
WestIndie001
Favorite Author: James M. Gabagat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-westindie001.html
Latest Review: "Everything I Know about Business and Marketing, I Learned from THE TOXIC AVENGER" by Jeffrey W. Sass
fav_author_id: 125024

Post by WestIndie001 »

The public library, a place people seemed to have forgotten about, because of the internet and Netflix or whatever. It's quiet there, a lot of chairs to lounge around on, a lot of tables to sit at for hours with your laptop. Books everywhere--books that are FREE (to borrow, I mean). I've loved public libraries all my life. People shouldn't forget about it.
Latest Review: "Everything I Know about Business and Marketing, I Learned from THE TOXIC AVENGER" by Jeffrey W. Sass
Emilyflint
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 12756">The Last Battle</a>
Currently Reading: Gameboard of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 248
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emilyflint.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Emilyflint »

I guess I dont have a specific room but anytime I am in a library or book store. Just the peacefulness of being surrounded by books and all the possibilities of them.
Gin Duperre
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gin-duperre.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Gin Duperre »

My comfort place is my reading room. It has a huge couch that I can spread out on, and contains all of my personal knick-knacks and so forth from my travels. The lighting is perfect for relaxation and reading. It makes me smile just to walk through the door. I can lock out the world and find peace and harmony. :wink:
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

Wow, what a thought-provoking question, I don't think I have a physical happy place but if we consider state of minds I am most happy when I am listening to music.
Heidi M Simone
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Jaime Lync wrote:Wow, what a thought-provoking question, I don't think I have a physical happy place but if we consider state of minds I am most happy when I am listening to music.
This is an interesting thought...aside from a physical place and a person, reading a book is always a comfort to me. It gets me out of a funk, it helps passes the time when traveling, makes me feel safe, and overall better. :)
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Riki
Currently Reading: Middlesex
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riki.html
Latest Review: "The People Up the Holler" by Roger L. Guffey

Post by Riki »

My place of comfort is my desk. I don't know why, but I feel the most comfortable when I'm being productive. Having a clear, ordinary desk puts my mind at rest and keeps me focused on work.
Latest Review: "The People Up the Holler" by Roger L. Guffey

Return to “Discuss "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger”